Official Big Soccer Sopranos Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by supersport, Sep 6, 2002.

1. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Ditto. And that tennis instructor from last season who had the hots for her. I wonder what happened to her.

2. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    THat was a fantastic episode. Probably my second favorite since the show started. My favorite of all time was Pine Barrens.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ralph will definitely be around until the 10th episode and probably the year.

Tony and Ralph will be mixing it up, but not in a way you'd think. Seems that Tony's penchant for straying will continue on this season.

4. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed.

5. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They made her an offer she couldn't refuse like the one they made to Anne Hecht.

6. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny, since both were written by Michael Imperioli
    (BTW, the Pine Barrens was my absolute favorite too. Czechoslovakian Interior Decorater might have been the funniest line with the possible exception of the Nostradamus/Quasimodo/Halfback of Notre Dame spiel.)

7. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pine Barrens was directed by Steve Buscemi, as well, if you guys didn't know.

8. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    Imperioli didn't write it (Terance Winter did), but Steve Buscemi did direct it, giving it a very "Fargo" kinda feel. That one may be my favorite Sopranos episode, just for the Interior Decorator line.

9. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I liked "you know, snakes reproduce spontaneously. They have both male and female sex organs."

I forget which episode that was though.

10. cj herrera

cj herrera New Member

May 7, 1999
    Oakland, damn straig
    Ahhhh, the sweetly, slippery symbiotic and reflexively predeterminate relationship betwixt Art & Life once again bucks its sorrel spine and kicks we, the grateful and unworthy audience, square in the choppers.
    --- James Lipton

From the NY Times:

Bloomberg Won't March Without Uncle Junior and Dr. Melfi
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Friday that if the organizers of the Columbus Day parade don't want cast members of the Sopranos to march, then he won't march either.

Meanwhile, the organizers, the Columbus Citizens Foundation, were in federal court Friday trying to block the actors' participation in the parade.

full story:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2002/10/11/nyregion/11AP-PARA.html

11. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    My fianceé (a Rhode Islander, like myself) says that because of the unflattering way in which the Atwells Avenue boys were portrayed, the Rhode Island mafia should sue the writers of the Sopranos.

12. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    This would be in the running for funniest moments, but my favorite is still (Episode 2, "46 Long") the one were Paulie and *************** go into Starbucks to get info on AJ's teachers stolen car and Paulie goes off on Starbucks, "We invented this sh!t, and all these other c*cksuckers are gettin rich off it." and then he steals a mug or something and walks out. Plus that look on their faces when they first walk in to Starbucks, amazed, confused, and disgusted all at once.

13. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    Oh-Oh!

A decent episode tonight. Ralphie showing again how much of an ********************* he is by not caring for the health of the horse, making Tony take care of the vet bill. Janice (who I pray gets whacked every week) is getting her mitts into Bobby, getting him right at the time where he is week. The big news though was in the previews for next week, where it looks like Tony is going back to loony Gloria Trillo. Hmmm, things may be getting hot quick.

Bill

14. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Re: Oh-Oh!

I'm glad Gloria is coming back. She's a great character.

I thought I hated Ralphie more than any character since Jackie got killed by Janice. However, I now hate Janice more than anyone. She is such a horrible biatch.

15. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Re: Oh-Oh!

tonight was good.

i am sick of janice and her crap. going after bobby when he is vunerable and then not making her own damn food and passing it off as her own...not surprised by it but i am getting sick of her and wish she would drink some hudson river water soon.

ralphie. uggh, nothing to report. i wish he would die too.

i am very interested to see what happens with gloria. basically i am wondering how the hell tony goes back to her...what gives in order for him to go there. no too sure about that, but i will wait and see.

and finally, the hot fbi agent is replaced? what is that all about...

16. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Re: Re: Oh-Oh!

To paraphrase the other FBI agent, she won't give Christopher a hard on.

17. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Oh-Oh!

Oh I think that between Tony not signing the trust paper and his going off in the middle of the night, he'll have one hell of an argument with Carmela when he goes back home.

Next week should be very interesting. Adrianna looks like she's going to go off the deep end. The boys are going to get suspicious too when she keeps failing to show up for family gatherings.

18. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate Janice & not in a good way.

I hate Ralphie but he is compelling to watch.

Janice makes me want to change the channel.
    --------------------------------------------------

Tony keeping his hand out until Ralphie gave him all the $$$ was a classic moment.

19. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "You should play Skynyrd." Hee!

20. cj herrera

cj herrera New Member

May 7, 1999
    Oakland, damn straig
    That was classic.

Which gets me to thinkin: What kind of music do you think these guys listen to? I think Christopher made some comments when Ade was trying to be an agent, but I can't remember.

He's probably either a Bruce Springsteen guy (heh) or an AC/DC fan. Nothing bold.

Ralph? Luther Vandross? Donna Summer?

Paulie? Connie Francis. Frankie Lane. Tony Bennett. Dean Martin. The usual.

Meadow had an NSYNC poster in her room, which looked really out of place for her.

Janice's tastes are unfortunately all to easy to identify with every low cut shirt she wears.

21. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Christopher has to be a fan of Bon Jovi too.

22. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    what about ralphie? what is he listening to these days?

23. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    I thought the funniest scene in last nights episode was Jr., "staring down" the court sketch artist. All in all another great episode. Is it possible for Ralphie to be a bigger dick, and Janice to be a bigger bitch? Tune in next week and find out just how far they can go before, it comes back to them. Man I love this show. And by the way, I'm Italian American.

24. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Christopher definately is/was a Hoboken/Jersey City dance club mook. I bet he's got a couple Webster Hall mix discs in his car, but would go see Bruce at the Meadowlands if the tickets were good enough.

Paulie's gotta be a Jerry Vale guy.

Meadow's worn shirts from The Churchills several times.

Tony Jr.'s wardrobe has included shirts from Pantera, Fear Factory, and Slipknot.

Here's a link to the band shown playing in Adrianna's club this past week...Union County, New Jersey's own No Soap Radio:
    http://www.nosoapradio.net/

25. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Agree with all of the above. I love watching Ralphie get humbled, which in recent episode, happens quite often.