Official Big Soccer Sopranos Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by supersport, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A stunning episode. I am speechless regarding it's conclusion. May Christopher rot in hell next to Tony S.

2. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Well action, finaly.

3. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You got that right.

Wonder what's going to be made of the possible terrorist angle?

4. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that one was worth watching!

5. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    wow i really didnt see that happening

6. vmax71

vmax71 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 11, 2002
    high desert
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Really? I totally saw her getting boxed. Now, which of you guys thought that Christopher would have bought it too. He still may yet!

I certainly thought that this episode was it for him too.

7. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Spoiler Alert!

A rouge for the FBI to take over the investigation of the murder to then try and get more info on the Soprano mob family. The female agent was oblivious to what happened to Adriana, but the other guys knew the deal.

Christopher is in deep trouble. With everything that happened, he's lucky they'll need every able body for the impeding war.

8. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Christopher did exactly what was expected of him. It was obvious that he didn't have it in him to off Adriana himself, but he went straight to Tony, and had her set up. He might have entertained the idea of running away, but in the end, his loyalty to Tony is iron-clad.

9. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    That or he was just scared of tony and knew tony could hunt him down :p

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone think that Adriana might not be dead? We usually see a body when there's a hit, here there was no body. This leaves some doubt in my mind.

11. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering that Tony kicked the crap out of Christopher for snorting smack and not feeling properly whatever it is that he should have felt, I think she's dead. Drea's also in a new series, so I think she bought the plot in the upstate property. Too bad she didn't fly. The scene of her driving south towards Balt/DC only to see Little Stephen driving was a crushing scene. You knew she was as good as dead.

12. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God, that was depressing.

13. cj herrera

cj herrera New Member

May 7, 1999
    Oakland, damn straig
    Putting on my freshman English 101 foreshadowing hat, I'm pretty sure he quoted "Born to Run" as his excuse for being late to the meeting with Tony and Silvio ("the highway was littered with broken heroes" I think).

Which may be the first explicit shout out to Bruce in the series entire run.

Even though I knew she was already booked for that new TV show, and it was hard not to see it coming, Ade's killing was still a crushing turn. I find it interesting that with all of the horrendous violence this show constantly airs, it still turned its face away when it came to killing her, one of the most "innocent" and sympathetic of all the main characters. It seems even they couldn't stomach it.

14. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I have to confess that I was surprised that Ade was offed. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking on my part.

I've watched the series from the first season, and the moral bankruptcy portrayed in the show still amazes me. I guess that's what keeps all of us coming back for more each episode. Fantastic acting and writing don't hurt either.

15. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The thing that was so tragic and sad about it was that if it wasn't for her love of Christopher I wonder if she would have been in that situation. The pressure of being stuck between a rock and a hard place was horrible. You really felt for her character. When she was imagining driving south I felt elated. Then reality set in. :(

I also looked away when they repeatedly stabbed the Muslem in the back room. The knife going into his chest was gruesome.

16. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    And also with Johnny Sack now the other head honcho really spices things up. I'll have to watch it again tonight on the Tivo...

17. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Seeing Adriana killed was the most shocking part of the episode, but the close runner-up was seeing Tony and Carmela get back together. I really thought they were through.

18. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fact that Tony is going to war with Johnny Sack after Little Carmine called a truce is what I found most shocking.

19. cj herrera

cj herrera New Member

May 7, 1999
    Oakland, damn straig
    -- I'm not so sure Little Carmine is out of the running entirely. The last thing he said to his crew was "That's not how I want to handle it." He's no match for Johnny Sac, but I wouldn't discount an attempted double-cross/power grab in the future. Maybe with the help of a certain New Jersey boss? (I also wouldn't discount his getting squashed like a bug simply because Johnny "chooses to.")

-- The Carmela / Tony thing was a big snooze for me. They've been winking at that for this entire season. And the show has always been about the family within the Family, so it was inevitable. And a little boring, I might add. AJ was the only family bright spot. Heh.

-- Not really a spoiler, but a GUESS at PLOT TURN....

I know it's a long shot, but my wife and I both think that Carmela's dead meat next season. Especially now that she's back with Tony. All that Johnny talk about exacting revenge on his family. It just seemed so doomed . . .

20. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    I can't wait for Christopher to get whacked. What a bastard.

21. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Silvio is a pro. If he caps your ass it stays capped. Best show of the last two seasons. My favorite part was Tony telling Johnny Sacks to get fooked :D

22. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    little carmine is such a wuss - even his guys are sick of him - he can't last long, i just hope he's not with his wife when they come

chris may as well start mainlining motor oil because he is gonna mess up and either get whacked or drive into a semi - no one, much less a freshly recovering addict, could do that to his girl and skate along - when he was strangling her, i could have sworn he was going to kill her - when he stopped, he wasn't letting her up... he was covering his ass - brilliant television, bad bad chris

we have enjoyed our last adriana applies lotion scene

23. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Great show. I'm going to miss Adriana.

24. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I always thought she was trashy, but trashy in a hot way.

(by trashy I mean lycra leopard body suits aren't my idea of a nice outfit).

[​IMG]

25. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    btw, John Lennon once said that Happiness is a Warm Gun.

[​IMG]