Official Bayer 04 Leverkusen Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!! :D

Haggui SCORES in 51 minute! :cool:

No details on uefa.com! :eek:

Oops:

The Bundesliga visitors are on level terms with Karim Haggui getting them a valuable away goal. The Tunisian arrived at the near-post to glance in a header from Gonzalo Castro's corner for his second UEFA Cup goal but first of this season's campaign.

2. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Shit. Penalty for Lens and red card for Haggui :eek:

edit: 2:1 Lens, 20 minutes to go...

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What a 1000% scoring chance missed by the hosts just 2 minutes ago! :eek:

4. blazsovszkyc

blazsovszkyc Member

May 20, 2004
    Budapest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Keep at least the 2-1 do not concede another

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    8 minutes to overcome...

6. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It will be hard ;)

Lens is a good team, not very tactic-skilled, Francis Gillot is not the best coach in Ligue 1, but with many excellent players, Seydou Keita, Dindane, Hilton or Itandje, and Jemaâ is a super joker. They're building a strong team since 2 or 3 years and stability is paying.

You're lucky Kovacevic and Bisevac are not qualified for UEFA Cup ;) - they played CL 3rd qualifying round with Red Star.

Yohan Demont is a great player too - the only one of this team born in the region.

7. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Another big opportunity missed by Lens.

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Last minute in injury time. Corner kick for Lens

Great save from Adler!

9. blazsovszkyc

blazsovszkyc Member

May 20, 2004
    Budapest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FT Not so bad, this 2-1 can be overturned in Leverkusen Good Bayer did not concede the third after the red card

10. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Finito.

No bad result for Leverkusen; to be honest, they had a lot of fortune during the last 20 minutes though.

11. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I´m more and more fascinaded by Adler!!

great goalkeeper...surely one big candidate for GK of national team in the future

12. Galaxy96FC

Galaxy96FC New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Fullerton, CA
    Forgive me for asking but what has happened to Butt? Was he not the startking GK? It is hard to get news here in the USA!!

GO BAYER!!!!!!!!!

13. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Butt got suspended for a match and the young #2, Rene Adler, had a fantastic match in his place, so Skibbe stuck with him.

You know. Like how in the NHL, coaches stick with the hot goalie?

This is sort of the the same thing.

Speculation is already rampant that Bayer will stick with Adler and sell Butt this summer as Schalke did in giving the job to youngster Manuel Neuer and selling Frank Rost this past winter.

14. Galaxy96FC

Galaxy96FC New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Fullerton, CA
    That is all fine and dandy. He had an excellent game vs Schalke but what if he shines for the remainder of the season and come next season, he does bad(lets hope not), then if we sell Butt, would be giving up a quality keeper, IMO.

Lets hope for the best. Id say alternate the keepers so that they can both in form. With 5 games in 8 days, we will need all the fresh legs we can get:)

Leverkusen, Leverkusen...........

15. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    Who would want to purchase Butt?

Since Voronin will be gone in the summer and possibly Juan, who would you like to or think will replace them?

16. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There are a few clubs that could need him but he'd have to accept a huge pay cut. All the good and even the midtable teams are quite happy with their goalies. Maybe except for Berlin but they will want to aim higher.

Helmes and Sinkiewicz from Cologne seem like the obvious choices. Voronin is nothing special in my opinion, Helmes is a lot more talented and would improve them. And then there's also Kießling who's slowly gaining confidence.
    Juan is a defender of international class, losing him's a huge blow for them. I guess they will bring in a rather unknown player from abroad plus a young player like Sinkiewicz.

17. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree totally. I think Butt's fate won't be decided until someone signs Timo Hildebrand.

That is, if Adler keeps it up and seeing that he kept a clean sheet in Hamburg today, doing it while also stoning vdV on a penalty kick, I'd say Butt can start packing.

Probably for Nuernberg or Dortmund.

That is, if Dortmund survives........

Leverkusen will have competition for both. With Callsen-Bracker there, would Leverkusen really have a spot for Sinkiewicz??

I agree on the defender from abroad. I've heard the Sinkiewicz rumors too, but don't know.......

18. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought the helmes move to leverkusen was already done? Remember that article from bundesliga.de I showed you footyfan? (With photo of helmes on crutches :D)

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This cool guy named Adler really worries me meanwhile. :eek: I hope that Skibbe is going to give Butt a last chance next weekend against Gladbach...;)

20. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i have the feeling we will win 2:0:)...hope Adler will be in the squad...Adler does not allow any goal from Borusia...

21. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Job vacancy

German-English translation on the official Bayer website is the worst grammar i have ever come across....Bltleo should get the job

example

Bayer take point from Hamburg trip

In the UEFA Cup match at Lens on Thursday René Adler was beaten by Cousin’s penalty. In Hamburg Adler saved his first penalty in the Bundesliga. The 22-year-old made the right decision to deny van der Vaart and keep his side alive.
    Bayer 04 had to replace their skipper in Hamburg. Carsten Ramelow failed to recover from a knee injury in time. He was replaced by Paul Freier. Elsewhere Stefan Kießling was preferred to Andrej Voronin up front.

Michael Skibbe was disappointed with his team’s first half display. “We lacked movement and were far too passive,” said Skibbe after the match.

Bayer failed to find their rhythm in Hamburg. The side lost possession far too quickly and never looked menacing when going forward.

One good attack

Bayer only showed their skill once in the first half. Tranquillo Barnetta beat Benjamin on the left wing, his cross found Freier who hit the ball on the volley but his effort was turned away by Rost (21’).

Hamburg, however, also failed to excite the spectators. Laas tried his luck from a tight angle and was denied by Adler (15’). Three minutes later Adler made an excellent save to turn Laas’ next attempt round the post.

Hamburg were awarded no less than nine corners in the first half but they created hardly any openings. Adler was called into action again by van der Vaart and Laas but made no mistake.

Bayer on the break

The second half started just a slowly as the first had ended. Bayer kept things tight at the back and Hamburg lacked ideas. However, Bayer did start to look better on the break.

Barnetta fired wide from inside the area (61’), Schneider arrived a little bit too take to meet Freier’s cross (65’).

Then Karim Haggui and Bayer 04 were dealt a major blow. Olic’s cross hit the Tunisian international’s hand in the penalty area and referee Herbert Fandel pointed to the spot. Van der Vaart took responsibility but Adler came to Bayer’s rescue (70’).

Haggui comes close

Now Hamburg looked shocked and Bayer 04 were in control. And Leverkusen could have even taken all three points. Rost managed to keep Marko Babic’s long range effort out before deny Haggui with a great save (79’).

Two minutes later the HSV ‘keeper was beaten by Voronin’s clever chip but Benjamin cleared the ball off the line. Hamburg were on the ropes now and Bayer kept the pressure on but both Kießling and Barnetta lacked precision. Rolfes had the last chance of the game but failed to beat Rost.

In the end Bayer took a well deserved point and can now look forward to the return leg of the UEFA Cup tie against

22. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    psychosis hsv:)...thanks for your kind words..

I´m adding another comment from Bayer 04 web-site in English from yesterday´s game....

http://www.bayer04.de/en/index2.htm

I must say our Rene Adler is better and better....

"In the UEFA Cup match at Lens on Thursday René Adler was beaten by Cousin’s penalty. In Hamburg Adler saved his first penalty in the Bundesliga. The 22-year-old made the right decision to deny van der Vaart and keep his side alive."

NEXT BIG GAME UEFA CUP : GAME IN LEVERKUSEN!!!!!!
    "In the end Bayer took a well deserved point and can now look forward to the return leg of the UEFA Cup tie against RC Lens on Wednesday"

23. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Job vacancy

hm..thanks for your comment..I think I will need to pass it to management of Bayer..I think it is great comment...Leverkusen plays internationally....so we should make our english web-site better..

Psychosis..thanks for your compliment:)...I would like to have this translatation job at Bayer Leverkusen...but my grammar is so horrible too.....
    I still need to learn and improve my English ...if I do better, I will write comments in English at Bayer web-site....and try to make them at least more funny and interesting...they are bit boring now:)....sorry...but I´m going to learn English...so I can take the job you offered me....

I like you!!!

24. Galaxy96FC

Galaxy96FC New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Fullerton, CA

I agree, I am a big Leverkusen fan but I don't know German so I have to rely on the translated version on the team site which is not always up to par so to speak.
    I found this in an article on Wikipedia:

"...In contrast to many other German soccer clubs, which hold close ties to their proletarian roots, Bayer Leverkusen strives for a clean, family-friendly image. The BayArena has the reputation of being one of the most family-friendly soccer stadiums in Germany.

Unfortunately, Bayer Leverkusen is perceived by some to have an ongoing image problem of a different sort. Although they are a financially healthy club with a stable of strong players, many fans of the old school clubs denounce Bayer Leverkusen as a "plastic club", without traditions or a committed fan base, existing solely as a creature of their rich pharmaceutical company sponsor. This is not unknown in football and other famous clubs such as PSV Eindhoven, Parma, or Sochaux share a similar reputation."

How accurate is this assessment of my football club!:(
    I hope not very accurate.

Comments anyone?

25. Galaxy96FC

Galaxy96FC New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Fullerton, CA

UEFA CUP:
    Being down 2-1, all we need to advance is to win 1-0 because of the away goals rule right? Or do we need to win by at least 2 goals. A draw won't be enough right?

LeverKUSEN.......