Official Bayer 04 Leverkusen Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    from skysports.com:

New Bayer Leverkusen coach Michael Skibbe is deliberating whether to press on with the club's interest in Fredrik Stenman.

The Djurgardens full back has been watched by Leverkusen's scouting network and has been linked with a New Year move to the BayArena.

Stenman has previously caught the eye of Dutch giants Feyenoord but the Sweden Under-21 international is now being coveted by Leverkusen.

The German outfit appointed Skibbe to replace Klaus Augenthaler as coach on Sunday and he is now weighing up the potential of Stenman.

The left back has several clubs on his trail but his agent Patrick Mork confirmed Leverkusen are among his suitors.

"I can confirm that they have watched him," Mork told Expressen.

"There are half a dozen clubs who, right now, show a big interest in him."

Skibbe's chief task at Leverkusen is to challenge for a European spot and he may decide Stenman can help to fulfil that objective for the second half of the Bundesliga season.
    -------------------------------------------------

Looks like Skibbe wants to jumpstart things fast.

2. Lewie

Lewie New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Queens,New York
    Re: Bayer04 transfer thread

I am glad Skibbe is trying to get things going. I've never heard of him though but if we are to challenge for a european spot we gotta buy some players.

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you've never heard of Michael Skibbe, you must be very young, a new fan or both. He's a former Borussia Dortmund head coach and was German National Team "trainer" under Voller. Voeller's title was "Team Manager" and Skibbe was "trainer"........

4. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

I think he was referring to Stenman instead of Skibbe.

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OK. I can see that. I couldn't tell from reading that mail. My apologies if I said anything offensive "Lewie"!

6. Lewie

Lewie New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Queens,New York

lol its alright man. I see how you could have mistaken what i said for something else. I still dunno who Stenman is btw.

7. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

from skysports.com:

Bayer Leverkusen have revealed that Liverpool made a summer enquiry for Dimitar Berbatov.

The European champions spent much of pre-season scouring for a new striker before eventually settling on England new boy Peter Crouch.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez sifted through a lengthy list of possible targets before signing Crouch from Southampton, and Berbatov's name was under consideration.

The Bulgaria international is a regular scorer for the Bundesliga side and Leverkusen's director of sport Rudi Voller confirmed the interest from Anfield.

“There was an enquiry from Liverpool over the summer, although we haven’t heard from them ever since," Voller told Kicker.

Reports in the German media now suggest that Liverpool have been joined by rivals Arsenal in the bid to lure Berbatov to England.

Though the hit-man is tied to the BayArena until 2009, it is widely believed that, after failing to generate income from their Uefa Cup campaign following their embarrassing first round exit against CSKA Sofia, Leverkusen are not prepared to turn down a serious offer in the region of €12 million (£8.2 million) for the talented 24-year-old.

Club owners and main sponsors Bayer plc. have recently told the club that they will have to reduce their budget over the next few years and selling the lanky forward might therefore prove the easiest opportunity to balance the books.

German giants Bayern Munich and Schalke are also believed to be keen on Berbatov’s services but Leverkusen would prefer to sell to a foreign club rather than strengthening a Bundesliga competitor.

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Of course. Bayer's management are not stupid. The only reason they sold Ballack and Ze Roberto to Bayern is because each player forced them to.

9. Lewie

Lewie New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Queens,New York

I think he is worth more then 8.2 millon.

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Lewie

Lewie New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Queens,New York

If we sell him we better get as much money as possible.

12. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

excellent news from American about our german soccer....
    You have given the best news about Skibbe.....
    do you think he is right for Leverkusen?....I think yes, because he worked already with Rudi and he has experience in german national team and he coached youth team as well. So he has wide range of experiences - working with professionals ("oldies") and young professionals - young talents.
    Good mix.

Bltleo
    Leverkusen

13. Bayer04fan

Bayer04fan New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA,USA

Let's hope he can stop the ship from sinking. I think that we can manage a decent season but we have to stay in contention. We are sitting in 10th place with 11pts. With a win we can move back into 7*9 spot.

Come on guys. I think we will do better this week, Skibbes has more time to put in his plan and meet all players:)

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Exactly. Give him time. However, be warned, Michael Skibbe is more of a tactician than motivator. The players will have to want to follow his lead.

15. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Skibbe is not bad coach.....we should give him a chance...he is really very good motivator...and what our team Bayer 04 need now is Motivation.

bltleo
    Leverkusen

16. Bayer04fan

Bayer04fan New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA,USA

good
    Lets GO BAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Bayer Leverkusen are flying to Sweden to thrash out a deal for full back Fredrik Stenman.

The 22-year-old is highly-rated by Djurgardens and the Bundesliga outfit are keen to acquire his services.

Bayer's delegation is expected in Stockholm this week to thrash out a deal for Stenman with a view to completing a deal in January.

Djurgardens director Bo Andersson has confirmed Bayer are set to visit and added no deal has yet been struck between the parties.

"Nothing has been done," explained Andersson to Sportbladet. "They are coming here again this week to negotiate."

from skysports.com

18. Justablue

Justablue New Member

Nov 1, 2005

hello there, i am an everton fan, and have today heard that my team are considering a bid for berbatov. i was wondering whether you have heard anything, and if possible give me some information on berbatov as i only know him by reputation. also how much do you believe he would cost?

thanks

19. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

No idea, I'm not sure either. Liverpool are after him and I think Leverkusen want 14 mio euros I believe for Berbatov.

Btw, I'm an Everton fan too!! :D Plz post on Everton boards! :)

20. Justablue

Justablue New Member

Nov 1, 2005

excellent to meet another evertonian. i`ve never used these forums before. i`ll check it out one day.

i normally post at NSNO.co.uk

check it out if you have time.

21. Lewie

Lewie New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Queens,New York

You guys think 14 mil is enough for Berba?

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's too much.

23. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

I think it's more or less right. Liverpool will overpay him nevertheless anyways because they're Liverpool

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think you are dead wrong in both cases. IMHO, Berbatov isn't worth 14M and if Liverpool want another striker, I'm certain they will have other options who are just as good, if not better, and have a slightly lower price tag.

25. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

I'm saying if they bid on anyone, they will overprice them. It's Liverpool, they paid way too much to get people like Cisse and Luis Garcia. But if you win the CL doing that, then I can't debate that. All credit to them.

They can still suck it tho :p