Official "Ban Soccer Horns" petition

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by cliffkram, Sep 22, 2003.

1. cliffkram

cliffkram Member

May 4, 2003
    Brum via NYC
    Fans of Columbus Crew and MLS-

An online petition has been created that will be forwarded to Major League Soccer upon completion of this season, imploring them to ban what has been known as "Soccer Horns". I urge you, if you do not want these horns at the matches next year, please sign the petition which can be found at http://www.petitiononline.com/MLShorns/petition.html
    Let's put forth a solid effort and rid MLS of thse horns.

2. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    But what will the Mexie(s) in Columbus do for fun when they're not eating nachos?

3. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Stealing shoes of course!

4. KrazyKyle

KrazyKyle New Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Winter Park, CO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    shut up

SHUT UP!!!! Do you not have any thing better to B**** about!!! I love my horn and will blow it loud for my Crew!!!

5. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: shut up

Pumba... is that you?

6. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    See...too many clueless people to get that thing to pass.

7. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Priceless. It's lines like these that keep me coming back.

8. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    The horns are so obnoxious, I think we should all get one and use them to "motivate" Greg when the team drops down into the walk/giveaway mode.

9. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I watched the reply of the Metros game tonight. Horns throughout the whole thing. It was so very annoying.

Have you ever heard a player say "And when I walk out that tunnel and hear all those horns blowing I get so pumped up!"

Thought not.

Raoul could be onto something. We could start a trend where horns are more like booing than cheering.

10. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Horns: annoying
    Silence: even worse

11. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I disagree. Horns are the worst.

12. capt. america

capt. america Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Boston, MA
    this is classic

94. Dan Loney is an idiot LAG LA

13. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly, when all you hear are horns, you should know you're boring people. Silence, which would be a relative silence, would just show people are complacent and chatting amongst themselves, but really aren't annoying anybody else. Horns are annoying, the source of many headaches/migraines, and shows that you're too dumb to clap, cheer, scream, or chant. I feel that even the PA lead cheers are infinitely better than 8 year olds and that guy in the front row of 137 (w/ the hat) who blast on their horns for personal entertainment.

14. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or the silence could be indicative of how truly empty the stadium is.

I'll agree with the headaches/migraines point. Many a time have I felt like going off on some little sh!t for blowing a horn in my ear after I've been drinking for quite some time.

The horns are very annoying. However, they do start to add some what of an atmosphere when crowd noise is at a minimum. Face it, when there are 16k in the swamp, you're not going to get any noise without the horns. And as DelSol so eloquently put it "Silence: even worse"

15. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Horns are obnoxious, but anyone that thinks that they are worse than silence is crazy.

When you have a TV Broadcast sport like MLS if people tune in and they hear absolutely no noise from the crowd they are gonna fall into the stereotype that soccer is a boring sport nobody cares etc...

As annoying as the horns are, and as much as personally I would prefer them not to exist, for someone flipping through the channels that has never been to or seen an MLS game it gives an impression that there is a little bit of atmosphere, even if it isn't the kind that any of us particularly wants.

Damnit, yitbos covered this all already. But he and diablo are right.

16. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonk