Official Asian Player of the Century thread (merged)

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Korean Football, Aug 30, 2002.

1. footballz

footballz New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Lets hope that is true with Maradona for our sake. So far he is proving your theory correct.:p

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He definetely got the brains. I'm looking forward to the day he till manage Man Utd:D

3. lolfroza

lolfroza Member

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    이천수가 제일 아깝다.... ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Lee chun soo had good potential but because he's an "asshole" to the media... lol and because he's stupid enough to make "silly comments"...

His career is now pretty much over for KNT...
    Maybe for K-league there's hope..
    But I doubt it since younger players are now coming.

입천수라는 별명이붙었다는게... 불쌍하다.

4. lolfroza

lolfroza Member

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol did anyone watch 강심장???? Yoo-Sang Chul was a guest.. lol and he talked about how Ahn Jung Hwan liked to hog the camera at the WC hahahaha..

no wonder why Ahn got picked.
    카메라 욕심이 많았던 안정환.... ㅋㅋㅋ 별로 놀랍지가 않아요 ㅋ

5. Horangi

Horangi Member

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    TR de Coatzacoalcos
    He was a decent soccer player but the guy had some serious personal problems besides his outlandish comments and from what I know he pretty much burned his bridges whereever he went.

Just imagining having a player like Cha senior on the current Korean NT with Park Jisung, Lee Chungyong, Ki and Park Chuyoung gives me the goosebumps.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbPVW_61_g&feature=related"]YouTube- Korean Legends: Cha Bum-Kun[/ame]

6. poebae

poebae Member

Juventus
    South Korea
    Feb 1, 2007
    Sydney
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I remember when LCS went to Real Sociedad, he said something like "I'm happy to be here, because this will be me stepping stone to Real Madrid or Barcelona" :rolleyes:

7. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i used to despise the little hobbit because of his ridiculous trash talking :rolleyes: and "me" attitude, but i've lightened up on him since Germany '06.

he was our best player.

8. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He also said something along the lines of:

"I'll give Real Sociedad more output for their money than David Beckham can for Real Madrid"

9. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    too bad he couldn't lol then he went to numancia where he was their best player but no goals led to being cut which was ridiculous because their main striker had like 2 goals or something

10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Man he was unlucky at Numancia. Bar, post, bar, miss, post , bar shit fck.

Remember watching Barca-Numancia on TV, Chun-soo played like a gangster :(

I miss him.

11. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Gotta agree. He was the best player Numancia.

12. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    His performance agaisnt Switzerland forever endeared him to me.

You'd think after a performance like that you'd predict him to be on the plane to South Africa.

It wasn't that long ago he was ripping the Greeks a new one at Craven Cottage.

13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's damn sad really.

14. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He really only has himself to blame.

15. VVVV

VVVV New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    I will always remember this guy for his performance at 06 ㅠㅠ btw what's he doing now..i mean he hasn't found a club yet but i'm sure he's nt going to retire this early or something

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE5B6jKQyD4"]YouTube- 2006 World Cup Lee Chun Soo[/ame]

Edit: nvr mind he's apparantly a part of a 조기축구 club...here's the pic .omgg..kinda surprised
    [​IMG]

16. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    ya when Lee Chun soo cried I was sad and had a few tears. played with his heart Lee Chun soo. in spite of people not liking his "cocky" attitude, that's the type of attitude that wins you games when you believe you can beat anyone.

17. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    :( Miss him. I want him to find a good club and play his way into the KNT again.

18. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    I doubt he will ever make his way back to knt

19. Shinuke

Shinuke Member+

South Korea
    Jul 21, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    well that depends on how he works from here on, but he's banned from playing in k-league so his only hope is finding a club in Japan...I really wanna see him play for the KNT thou

20. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    lee chun soo may look like a rat but i'd rather have this rat play rather than a player suffering from down syndrome with the last name yeom.

21. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    [​IMG]

Cha and the German manager Lowe, when Lowe used to be a sub for Cha at Frankfurt.

22. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lowe with a Hitler-stache.

XD.

23. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So i wasn't alive back then but how come Cha was never up for a Ballon D'or? Wasn't Bundesliga the number one league at the time, and wasn't he like the league's best striker? Maybe I'm getting all my information from Koreans...

24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Im only speculating but id assume because of the competition during Cha's time. I mean, if you look at during that time, it was full of Bundesliga stars. The likes of Beckenbeuer, Keegan and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge domnated Germany, while there was also the likes of Platini and Johan Cryuff dominating Europe. I think that even though Cha was sensational (of course i have never seen him live) he couldnt outpass the likes of those stars.