Official Arsenal Board Troll Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by 442, Sep 24, 2003.

1. 442

442 Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Secret ArseAm HQ
    Hi, welcome to the Arsenal board at BigSoccer. If you're a Man U, Spurs, 'Pool, Chelsea or a fan of any team other than Arsenal, you've come to the right place. Feel free to say all the nasty, mean-spirited, malicious things you'd like about Arsenal, its players and coaches and of course those crazy Gooner fans. Don't let your pithy remarks get buried in some Gooner thread, post them here where they can be seen by your fellow loyalists. Oh, don't worry, we'll all be sure and check this thead several times a day. Don't worry that we haven't posted a response, we're probably blown away by your keen intellect and the soul-crushing truth of your comments. Ouch, it hurts already.

Here, to make it easy, I'll give you some starter topics:

Ruud is a diving cheat...

Arsenal may have been 2nd in the League last season, but we were still the best team in England...

Hey Spurs fans, feel free to drop by if you want to see what a trophy looks like...

Man U fans are a bunch of glory hunting band-wagon jumpers...

Chelsea, you won the League in black & white...

Arsene Wenger is the best manager in England...

There. Feel free to rip into any of the above comments. The important thing is that you remember to do all your posts on this board in this thread.

Thanks.

2. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    well if you have the [R] in the title, i might as well say ManUre 0 - 0 Arsenal and van Nisteldouche is a big fat doody head

3. CDNGooner

CDNGooner New Member

Our board must get the most trolls - sheesh, even some of the intelligent fans of other teams I've come across have just resorted to troll type arguments since Sunday. That what happens when all hell breaks loose I guess. A few days of calming down boys and we should be all okay.

Anyhow, there is one particular troll who I thought was quite an idiot - his favourite teams were Man U, Real Madrid, Juventus - sheesh, a newbie glory fan if I'd ever seen one. I'd betcha he's having a tough time watching the NFL b/c there are so many teams in the hunt and he wouldn't know what wagon to join. I really have to hold back and bite my lip on commenting on that particular troll.

I was thinking that we really need to bite our lips on the trollers. It's like those pests RVN for Man U and other sports like Bryan Marchment or good ol Esa Tikkanen in the NHL. The pests are guys who bait the other team in doing stupid things - and they get away with it b/c they're pests. These trolls are trying to rouse us Gooners into doing something stupid. Best thing to do is not to get baited and go after the guy (RVN will dish it and dive and whatever but when it comes down to it, he won't retaliate - another great sign of a pest) So what to do? Respond on the pitch with a great play. Then the pest will quiet down. Arsenal were down to 10 men against a hungry Man U team - they should've just pull up their sleeves and gotten down to work. At the end of the game, yes celebrate what you accomplished and leave it at that. If you want revenge on what happened, do it at home at Highbury, beat those guys.

So no responses from me when a troller spouts off crap about Arsenal. We've taken the double twice with a limited budget vs. Man U. We won the FA Cup last year and beat Man U in achieving that. In the past few years, we're the only team that really has given Man U a run for its money. That is why I'm a Gooner - I just love this team and the football they play. Last year, Arsenal lost the championship b/c they didn't have that fighting spirit but remember, the year before? Man U was way ahead and Arsenal went on a run and ended up winning the league at Old Trafford. These things happen in football and it won't end.

So let's ignore the trolls, cheer on our boys and when Arsenal holds up the EPL trophy at the end of this season, the trolls will shut up. If not, shut them up in March when we beat them in THOF.

4. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yep...sad really

5. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Ok, say what you will about Ruud, and Marchment but how can you rip on Tik?!?!?! Tik was a hell of a hockey player, he had three 30 goal seasons, three 70 point seasons. 630 points in 877 games is pretty good. He produced in the playoffs and he stirred it up enough to get Gretz, Jarri, Mess, Coffey, Andy and the gang a whole lot of power play opps! Sorry couldn't help it I grew up playing and loved watching those Oiler teams, talk about great hockey!

6. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Being a fan of Matt Barnaby in his Penguin days, I can't say much about pests. But house, Tik was definitely a pest. I remember hearing the stories about how he used to have his own language, "Tikkanese" that he would use when he wanted to piss of the other guy, because he'd mix insults in English with insults in Swedish and piss everyone off. He was drawing penalties well into the twilight of his career. Still, no one could hold a candle to the dirtiest player in the game: ULF SAMUELSSON! I love the guy and I still say he was the dirtiest in NHL history.

7. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess it's a testament to Tik that he was able to win a Cup with the Rangers while Barnaby and Ulf da goon have won squat in NY.

8. Snuffles

Snuffles New Member

May 27, 2003
    UK
    Arsenal are finally beating Spurs in the delusional fans stakes I see. :D

9. CDNGooner

CDNGooner New Member

Hey, I didn't rip on Tik, I said Good Ol Tik - also he played on the Canucks - my hometown team for a bit (when he was about to retire) - you have to admit he's a pest and one who'd you'd love to be on your team. I hate Marchment though. Off topic whoops.

10. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    can we keep this thread on football. i for one don't follow hockey and i am lost as all hell in this conversation

11. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    That was our good friend DaeHaMinGuk ( https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=30477 ).

I asked him if there wasn't a Yankees game on he should be watching or perhaps perusing the rosters of the Red Wings and Lakers looking for any weaknesses, but I haven't seen him since.

12. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    which is right? hmmmmmmm??? pick one.

*#*#*#*# you arseholes.

13. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    Re: Re: Official Arsenal Board Troll Thread [R]

ahh, sticks and stones. i think dan would have something to say about the senseless name-calling. i know he is always thoroughly against such mindlessness. it's called completion of a rational thought to form a logical argument. i know this is a thread specifically for trolling, but if you're going to troll, please say something intelligent

14. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO

A kinder, gentler version:
    Why thank you, giggs88. That's a really nice comment, and I'm sure we all look forward to hearing more from you.

Have a nice day!

15. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who says Arsenal and Scum fans can't get along?

16. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    He's Finnish, J-Dub. But maybe he did mix in a little Swedish, I don't know.

17. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, paging Motterman... Do you have anything decent to say, yet.

18. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here we go. [​IMG]

19. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Errr.... thanks for the compliment? :D

I am chuckling at the notion that there is now a BigSoccer Troll Conspiracy to go along with the FA and Sky ones though...

20. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just think OP, if you were a Premium Subscriber, that could be your avatar. Pity.... :)

21. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know me too well, Motter... :D [Pinnochio]I'm a real sig line![/Pinnochio]

22. Brodo

Brodo New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Deep in Spurs territ

Great thread 442!

Hey giggsy - how do you think them up so quick?

23. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Lay off giggsy, now. We don't want him to have a stroke and miss the return at Highbury, plus we'd miss out on all of his insightful comments and well thought out arguments. It takes a lot of thought to come up with something as prophetic as "*#*#*#*# you arseholes". In fact, that one line in itself is worthy of the Bard.

24. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    I new that subscription would be useful someday! :D

Its only inevitable that we get trolled around here. When you're in first you wear a big bullseye!!!

25. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like "The Gooner" beat you to it. Sorry mate. :D