OFFICIAL: Africans Abroad Thread

Discussion in 'Africa' started by soccer krazy, Nov 3, 2006.

1. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Hope he proves himself and gets rid of the bad rep for Roma.

Yacine9 repped this.
  2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Michael Azira of the Colorado Rapids just got his first call up for Uganda.

Unak78 repped this.
  3. OmarZ_14

OmarZ_14 New Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Club:
    Al Ahly Sporting Club
    Peniel Mlapa will impress for Togo

4. Mohamed Anwar

Mohamed Anwar New Member

May 11, 2016
    Club:
    Zamalek Sporting Club
    Dear all
    Kindly I need the following matches for important:

Egypt v nigeria CAN 1994
    algerie v Guinea CAN 1998
    Congo RD v Togo CAN 1998
    South africa v Angola CAN 1998
    Zambia v Mozambique CAN 1998
    South africa v Tunisia CAN 2000
    Senegal v Zambia CAN 2000
    Ghana v Togo CAN 2000

I can make trades with who has these matches

5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Kwadwo Asamoah on the move to Chelsea. Hope he gets his injury status sorted out...

7. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Loved by Conte I guess.

8. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Upcoming star Wilfried Ndidi of Genk wins Belgian Goal of the Year. IMHO should be a Puskas nominee as well:

Radu Razvan repped this.
  9. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Damn. I miss him. Criminally underrated at his prime. Easily on par with Ronaldinho.

Unak78 and Radu Razvan repped this.
  10. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    When was this?

11. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Yobo's farewell game a few days ago.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  12. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Yassine Benzia and Adam Ounas apparently opt to play for Algeria. This is big. Basically taking some of the top talent in Ligue 1 out from under France's noses. Ounas is possibly world class level.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  13. Yacine9

Yacine9 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Algiers
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    Benzia actually made the switch back in March and played in 2 competitive games already, even scoring againt Seychelles last game.

I've heard about Ounas switching to Algeria. There's a possibility he could compete in the olympics but IDK to what extent it's true (I don't think it'll happen).

Interestingly, Fekir can still switch but I very much doubt he'll do it nor would he be welcomed by fans anyway

Radu Razvan repped this.
  14. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Fekir should have followed the same path, but...

15. Yacine9

Yacine9 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Algiers
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
  16. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nice to see Adama Traore is back for Monaco after his injury lay-off:

Anyone notice the different treatment of Adama Traore as compared to the Golden Boot winner of 2013 Paul Pogba? And in all honesty Adama Traore was much more impressive. Guess thats what happens when you have the national hype machine built around you. That's what Argentinians, Brasilians and Europeans do with their top players. They hype 'em up and aside from burnout give all the means necessary to guarantee their success.

17. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Adama Traore scores again. Again from distance.

He should have a breakout season. If Mali is to get past Cote d'Ivoire and Morocco they need to bring in the youth players like Adama Traore.

18. Dalmatino

Dalmatino Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Split, Croatia
    Franck Ohandza, what a player. If it wasn't for injuries, he would have been a top european league striker, fantastic player. But then I wouldn't have joy of watching him live from the stands so i can't complain much :D hopefully his injury problems are now in the past.

19. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    #894 Unak78, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    http://www.espnfc.us/club/borussia-...ssia-dortmund-interested-in-kelechi-iheanacho

... this is the club I'd been hoping against my own presumption would show interest in Iheanacho... absolute dream scenario should it play out. I didn't put a whole lot of stock in the rumors of an Aubameyang for Iheanacho plus cash rumors simply bc; 1- thoss type of deals are very rare and 2- rumors mostly originated from a Nigerian publication. But it might been the smokescreen for what was actually rumbling behind the scenes.

Now its clear that Dortmund have interest in a purchase, not a swap. City are interested moreso than they have been for other proposed loan deals. The only caveat is their asking price; if they wanted to get 20 million pounds for him, they should have made sure Pep played him more. As it is, they'll be lucky to get half of that.

Should it go through, it will be a Nigerian American's dream,... Iheanacho alongside Christian Pulisic at a club that is long committed to developing younger players successfully. Not bad.

E2A - other rumors exist involving recent Champions League qualifiers Hoffheim, but that only entails a loan since they cannot afford the £20mil price-tag. They and another EPL club are seeking a loan. Recent developments are that City is no longer seeking a loan as; being tied to Pep for the forseeable future, Iheanacho's near-term future is not in City and they need to use his sale to finance a major roster turnover which will feature many purchases on the transfer market.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/man-city-transfer-news-iheanacho-13055038
    Everton and West ham are both rumored to be willing to foot the the full transfer fee. Many City fans seem to be okay with a sale so long as it includes a buy-back clause, however I'd wonder how much the inclusion of such a clause would cut back on an already large sum of money for the transfer in the first place. His transfer value has to have taken a hit from barely having played this season. Also, while Everton and WH are not legit rivals to City, Leicester CIty's EPL title run has to have given English clubs pause at least against sending any type of prospect to any potential EPL rival to make something of.

Plus, I've long been on-board with having fewer Nigerians and Africans ending up in the EPL due to the nature of football played there. Borussia would be perfect in so many ways for me and City's ambitions. BVB have a proven track record of commitment to young talented players and so if they are willing to pay so much for Iheanacho now, with what they've done with Christian Pulisic and Mousa Dembele, it is a much more positive situation for Iheanacho to enter into with a club that possesses both the know-how and will to develop him into a future superstar. Plus, being American and Nigerian, having Pulisic and Iheanacho on the same side will easily make BVB my new favorite side despite my many years of only rooting for Chelsea and PSG as far as European club football goes.

20. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    i have what i hope is a genuine question and i cant find a good place to ask: are there national teams in africa where players sometimes struggle to communicate over lack of common language? im just curious. sorry for the complete ignorance im probably a dumbass i know i apologize in advance

21. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Among the modern generation of Africans, I would seriously doubt it. Perhaps 2 generations ago you might find many older Africans who still soley spoke local indigenous dialects, but among most youths they will usually speak at least one European language and usually the one that had colonial history in that country. Occasionally what does happen is, given the rise of dual-nationals living abroad, you may find Africans who speak a non-familiar European language like German or Russian. But even most of these will usually speak English at least.

batumchange2 repped this.
  22. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
  23. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    I believe Iheanacho opted for England, because two more years and he gets English citizenship. Its worth the wait and West Ham isn't the worst choice given they have serious ambition. Iheanacho would also likely be first choice striker.

I'm hyped up with Wenger picking up Henry Onyekuru. Iheanacho + Ndidi + Onyekuru + Moses + maybe Iwobi is quite a backbone.

Unak78 repped this.
  24. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Ah, true... that's an important consideration, however if he gained German citizenship in a few years it would open up all of Europe to him assuming the UK follows through on exiting the EU. Oh well. He could certainly do worse than West Ham, but I still feel that it's a lost opportunity football-wise.

25. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria

I clicked on this video because of Pulisic in the title, but I am pleased to see that Iheanacho still makes the list as the top striker despite his lack of playing time under Guardiola. It now makes sense if he's so highly rated by a UK site that Man City thinks that they can get 20 million Euros for him even with a buy-back clause. It makes it much more of a shame that Pep can't seem to find a role for him. Hopefully he makes a smart choice that sets him up well for the future. My preference would be Dortmund, but he wants to shore up his citizenship which I can't totally fault him for. But if he stays on Man City,... that I will fault him for...

zahzah repped this.