Official Adelaide United Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Australian A-League' started by el-capitano, Apr 9, 2007.

1. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I bet you couldn't :D

2. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Don't even tempt me!

There may be further installments, though. Leave you guys wanting more every time.

3. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffff

FFFFFFFfffffffffffffff

I... I can't even work out where to start. I really can't. Problems on the pitch, problems off the pitch, problems between supporters, problems everywhere.

The only positives from most supporters' points of view is that McKain is suspended for next weekend and that a youth player has finally been given a go with Teeboy Kamara coming on last night.

I have so, so many issues with what's going on that I can't even figure out where to start. Tactics, players, staff, management, etc., etc. Ugh.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

4. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Rini's out of the top job. He's now taken the helm of the Youth team and the Junior Development Program.

And now Kosmina has taken over as the caretaker manager until the end of the season.

WHAT IS HAPPENING

5. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    [​IMG]

plus

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

=

Awesome is happening.

6. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has decided to grant the provisional measures requested by the Indonesian Football Club Persipura Jayapura and to order the reinstatement of the club in the AFC Champions League 2012.

Persipura was supposed to play the 2012 AFC Champions League Playoffs (East-Zone) on 11 February 2012 against Adelaïde United FC (Australia). At the end of November 2011, the Indonesian FA (PSSI) decided to remove Persipura from the AFC Champions League for disciplinary reasons and requested the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) to replace the club with Persija Jakarta. The AFC noted the removal of Persipura but did not accept the participation of Persija Jakarta. As a consequence, Adelaïde United FC was exempted from the playoff match and was granted direct access to the group stage of the competition (first match to be played on 6 March 2012).

On the basis of the CAS decision on request for provisional measures, Persipura Jayapura will be entitled to play the playoff match versus Adelaïde United FC. In case of qualification, the status of Persipura would have to be determined by the CAS after examination of the arguments of the parties (i.e. Persipura, PSSI, AFC and Adelaïde United FC) on the merits of this case.

http://www.tas-cas.org/en/infogenerales.asp/4-3-5626-1092-4-1-1/5-0-1092-15-1-1/

7. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1092892/Reds-resigned-for-ACL-play-off

8. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    This Thursday, ACL playoff. Aussie media slightly behind the times here. CAS hearing was one week before Aussie media told Aussie public.

Reading a few forums, Aussie people seem to be dumfounded by this. Let's remember, Adelaide was a playoff team to begin with, some people seem to think they have the right for Group Stage. But hey, if they win on Thursday they are. If they don't, then simply not good enough. Not worry about the money for travel already booked, AFC take care of that anyway.

9. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Its not a matter of whether they have a 'right' for the group stage or not. Its a matter that they were already told they were 'in'. That's the deal. No-one cares what or why things happened, but when you're told you are in something, only to be told at the last moment, hang on- you're not, here- have an additional game you weren't expecting, that's why there's been a bit of a kerfuffle.

And it seems not only Adelaide was surprised. ;)

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-leagu...s-rich-acl-berth-in-doubt-20120213-1t226.html

10. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I don't know what to say really. Adelaide were drawn into the playoff, they were fortunte that the team they were meant to play were withdrawn by the Indonesian FA who are corrupt as hell anyway.

Now, the Indonesian team got it overturned and will play. What does begger belief though is that the AFC are saying the losing team will not enter the AFC Cup, hold a minute, but when Persipura were orginally in the competition, the losing team would enter the AFC Cup, so AFC can bend rules for one competition, but can't for another?

So Ok, CAS can overrule anyone, but why can't they make a decent decision. Tell AFC Persipura can play ACL but recognise the fact that everything was set in stone so they must play in 2013 edition. Ok, again, this maybe puts out a few players and coaches who want the chance now, but surely the club comes first and 2013 is the better option for all around.

As for Adelaide, they weren't already told they were 'in'. It was not a guranteed position. They were in from someone else's misfortune. Now I understand they have made all these arrangements etc. The club should be re-imbursed and fans with evidence of going to Uzbekistan etc should be re-imbursed.

But what they should always remember is this. This is Asia, things are done on a whim, look at some leagues and you will notice games are changed at the drop of a hat, postponed, moved dates, moved stadiums. It's annoying, but seems to forever happen.

Anyway, I hope Adelaide can get the job done, for me personally, it would be cringworthy if they got knocked out, and lets face it, it could happen in a one off match. If they were to lose I would say Adelaide should go to CAS and get admittence into the AFC Cup as losers. By the time any decision would ever be made it would be too late, so Adelaide would never actually play on the field, but can play around with the AFC for a while.

11. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If they lose, I've read that the AFC will appeal to get them back in. So I think its in everyone's best interests for Adelaide to win this playoff. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some typical 'Asian' refereeing to help out with that outcome. :D

12. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Refereeing, all part of the Asian game.

13. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Everything is already stacked in Adelaide's favor. It's playing at home, Persipura is jet-lagged after arriving on Wednesday morning and is without its best striker, its two best imports could arrive the day of the match and the powers that be would all gain significantly more from Adelaide winning than Persipura. This thing is as good as won.

Never underestimate the motivating factor of being able to save face and sweep potential problems under the rug.

14. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    And it ends with an easy win:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1093747/Adelaide-wins-into-Asian-Champions-League

15. Blake8

Blake8 Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    well done reds, 3 aussie teams in the AFC, we shud get it this time

16. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Should get what?

17. Blake8

Blake8 Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    win the afc

18. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Oh yeah sorry. Great reasoning, 3 teams in it, of course shud win it now. Why didn't I think of that.

19. Blake8

Blake8 Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ohh there there crybaby, do u want a tisssue?:D

20. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hang on ...... seriously- you couldn't make this shit up :D

Adelaide could be kicked out of ACL

21. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-leagu...league-cash-20120315-1v8ci.html#ixzz1pEoOlCdM

22. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ... Heh.

Well, I guess I can't say that nothing's changed since the time of that post.

el-capitano repped this.
  23. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    'Young, Creative Aussie Midfielder? Pfft.': Kossie

24. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This kid looks great, they should sign him immediately:

Heh. I particularly like how they ran out of highlight clips for #10 and started mixing in highlights for #11 and #15.

el-capitano repped this.