Official 84th (2004) Emperor's Cup Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by shuvy87, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Re: The 84th Emperor's Cup [R]

Wait, then how is Jublio playing in the ACL already ? Was it because they won last year ?

Suwon will play Jubilo on April 6th, at Jubilo's home and Jubilo will travel to Suwon on April 20th.

ACL GROUP E Schedule:
    ---------------------
    Matchday 1 (3/9) : Shenzhen vs Jublio | Hoang Anh Gia Lai vs Suwon

Matchday 2 (3/16): Jubilo vs Hoang Anh Gia Lai | Suwon vs Shenzhen

Matchday 3 (4/6): Jubilo vs Suwon | Shenzhen vs Gia Lai

Matchday 4 (4/20): SUWON vs Jublio | Gia Lai vs Shenzhen

Matchday 5 (5/11): Jubilo vs Shenzhen | Suwon vs Gia Lai

Matchday 6 (5/25): Shenzhen vs Suwon | Gia Lai vs Jublio

May you all root for Suwon :)

2. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

it is because they won last year , AFC the GREAT said: Cause Jubilo Iwata won the 2003 Emperor Cup in 2004 Jan 1,so they are a Champion of the year 2004, In the same way, If they win 2004 Emperor Cup in 2005 New Year's day, They will play in 2006 ACL

3. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

No...that's not the reason. ACL wanted this year's representative. But JFA changed to the last year's winner so that the participating club will have more time to prepare for the tournament, epsecailly because 2004 ACL started in Febrary. JFA said that if they knew AFC will start the tournament on March, they would have rather chosen this years'.

Either way, it seems like Jubilo will participate. I don't think verdy has any chance in the final.

4. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC

Ticket shortage! http://www.nikkansports.com/ns/soccer/p-sc-tp0-041228-0004.html

Urawa supporters bought 70% of the tickets before the semifinal and now that the match is sold out, the only available tickets are 450 allotted to each supporters club and two that each player gives out to family members. So Verdy and Jubilo supporters are begging Reds supporters to sell the tickets they're not using.

5. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

70' Tokyo Verdy 2-0 Jublio Iwata

6. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

80' Tokyo Verdy 2-1 Jublio Iwata

7. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002

verdy defended well till the end with 10 men but jubilo deserved at least one pk.

8. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

FT Tokyo Verdy 2-1 Jublio Iwata

Tokyo Verdy also earned the right to attend 2005 XEROX Super Cup vs. Yokohama F Marinos and 2006 AFC Champions League.

9. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Er……2005 ACL started in march,Both Chinese ANd Korean FA Cup Champions were deciede in DEC 2004,And they will participate in 2005 ACL, I think to give the place in next season's ACL to this season's cup winner is more reasonable. any way, Is Tokyo Verdy the former team calld Kawasaki Verdy?
    if it is ,glad to see their back in Asia fields

10. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

You mean, Verdy Kawasaki? Yea....but just to let you know Tokyo Verdy is a lot different club from "old verdy". Back in those days, Verdy was the best team packed with veteran players like Kazu, Kitazawa, Bismarck, etc. Kinda like the Yankees in MLB (the Evil Empire).

Now, they are much younger team, There is no veteran players and more like a mid-table j club. Certainly they are much better team than they were in late 90s, but not as good as early 90s Verdy. They won't be a threat in ACL, unless they improve dramatically this year.

11. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Which brings me to this question. Has a relegated team ever been in the ACL before?? What if a relegated side goes into the ACL and gets smacked around a bit? Wouldn't that be "bad for ACL (marketing esp.) business"? I mean I'd want the best of the best in those groups. I'm not saying that Verdy could get relegated by season's end next year, but........

12. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I don't think Tokyo will have problem. i mean they have a year to prepare for ACL. Secondly, Tokyo is not kinda club that will relegate easily. ACL doesn't care who attends as long as they are the champion, so even if they relegate they still can play in ACL. But in the club point of view, it migh not be a good idea because it cost a lot for a club.

But for now lets worry Yokohama and Iwata. I think Yokohama has the potencial to win this year, but not Iwata.