Official 8/27 Super Hoops at Wiz pre-game thread

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by ElJefe, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were the worst on Wednesday so that's not a big loss unless they can turn it around immediately. It seemed ROB didn't complete a pass until the 70th minute and I would rather have Cassar or Burse than pitiful performance that Shaka through out there. Funny how it's rust for Shaka giving up three to a Houston team with 4 reserves but Sala was shaky giving up two.

2. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

didn't see the game....but if this is even close to being true then it just strikes me that his recent "form" continues....

3. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Yep, he was awful again. Same with Cooper and Ruiz, they're just not on the same page. I don't honestly know what's wrong with ROB, but one of the most dissapointing things about the game on Wednesday for me was that we were playing pitifully and no one on the field was yelling at each other like anything is wrong. Usually ROB would be tearing someone a new one on the pitch, but I guess the passion just isn't there right now.

4. JuanIg

JuanIg New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Dallas

I'm not surprised. Clarke has a vested interest in having Hislop be the starter. This was his blockbuster move and he needs to make it work or his job could be in trouble. Who would waste that much cap space and a foreign spot on an aging keeper who would be "rusty" when he arrived in August? Why not go after an attacking mid or, god forbid, a decent right defender. If Hislop turns out to be His-Flop, I think it could be the thing that puts Clarke's head -- as well as Morrow's and Knight's -- on the chopping block.

Changing line ups for the USOC is one thing. Benching your starting keeper -- who helped get you into first place -- for a regular season game is another. Those of you who know Dario keep talking about how confident he is and that he isn't bothered by the Hislop hoopla. I bet that patience won't last long, if he loses a starting job to a guy who recorded 3 goals and ZERO saves in his first performance. Clarke saying he doesn't know which one to start is insulting.

I hope this is a tactical move by Clarke to keep KC guessing about our game plan. Somehow I doubt he's that smart.

5. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Relax, I would be shocked if Sala didn't start on Saturday.

6. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    I noticed the Wizards had "Dog's Night Out" a little while ago. I was bored and I made this:

[​IMG]

7. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Wow....that's craptacular. Here's an idea, next time you make a photoshop gag, try to actually use some humor.

8. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

from what I hear neither Sala nor Hislop will start on saturday.

9. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Er... not really. Signing a almost 40 keeper on the down side of his career as a backup is not really a blockbuster.

What cap space. All the reports I am getting list him under 100K, that's nothing in MLS teams. I even have one source saying he's just over the league Min. And they had a foreign spot open, after letting Willo go, a move that covers Hislop salary and created a roster space, they still have a foreign spot open.

nothing says they won't. Rosters aren't locked till the trade deadline on Sept 15. They can still trade in MLS and sign any discovery who was on a free prior to Aug 15.

10. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that is interesting cause Cassar is still not healthy.

11. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

probably more to do with the game being on SUNDAY than anything else.....

12. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Smartass :p

13. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh? Please explain.

14. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

it all started long, long ago ....with post #30....

15. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We went to training this am to get more auction stuff (Bobby Rhine game worn shorts from the Burn days :p ) Bobby says tomorrow they turn things around...........I said promise? He said yes! ;) YAY!
    The guys look ready but they have looked ready the last few times I've watched, so.............???
    Wilo was there working out in FCD gear today. Thought it was wierd that he was wearing FCD gear.
    Coach Knight wasn't there so Cassar worked with the keepers.

FCD 3 - Wiz 2

Carlos and EJ both end scoring droughts. :D

16. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    /Willow/ You know Buffy? Sweet girl. Not that bright. /willow/

You know Bobby? Nice guy. Wrong about this.

This team is falling apart, and CC is not capable of putting together a team that can win. Mainly because there are not eleven players who care. He knows he is out of here next year no matter what.

The irony is that we though Mike Jeffreis know how to destroy a team. Next year, we will see a true master, Steve Sampson, show Jeffried how it is done. there are still some games left, but this season is over.

Wizards 3-1 Dallas

Dead but dreaming,
    Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

If Diegoredd says it is tv gold, what else do you need?

17. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    ^^^ Translation please

18. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allow me to introduce you to one of our three* most 'mystic' and often 'misunderstood' posters...Scipio Gothicus. Scipio is our resident board contrarian, also known as the voice of unrelenting pessimism and doom.

Too much knowledge of the dark, gothic side of the world.... basically he is saying that
    * FCD will lose, it is all the Coach's fault.
    * That Colin is worse than the Coach he replaced (Mike Jeffries - who led us into the debacle of the year that shall not be named - after 2002 and before 2004).
    * And that the worst is yet to come because Colin will be replaced next year.
    * His replacement will be Mr 3-5-1, that is Steve Sampson (US nats coach in 1998, fired from coaching job with LA Galaxy earlier this year)

Hope that helps...

*Chazsoccer has also written translations of Brushes Sands, including a Primer on Wadespeak complete with references. Some preliminary work has been done on Ze Bill interpretations, but this work is still in its infancy as his language usage is not yet well understood.

19. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not 'mystic', but count me among the 'misunderstood'.

20. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    Mysterical ??

21. FC Zippy

FC Zippy Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Midland
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OH MY GAWD, Steve Sampson only uses TEN PLAYERS? No wonder he's such a SHITE COACH. I'm no soccer genius, but having someone on permanent Red Card seems like a recipe for disaster.

:eek:

22. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Yet teams continue to sign Dema Kovalenko to contracts...I'm just as confused as you.

23. FC Zippy

FC Zippy Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Midland
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 'M' in MLS stands for 'maiming', right?

24. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not glad that ROB's hamstring is giving trouble per today's DMN but it does explain the year he is having. I guess he is not healthy after returning from injury earlier and wonder why FCD rushes these things. Here is a definate difference in regular season - post season strategy. If this was a European league then playing Ronnie to win the league makes sense but here where MLS Cup is the goal calls into question why any important player would be rushed back. A healthy O'Brien is a key to the playoffs. It is getting late now and I wonder if he can recover in time to be in form when it counts.

25. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    An interesting stat, with LA drawing a pk last night, we're now the only team in the league to have not attempted a pk the whole season.

Let's change that tonight!

This game is just massive now. If we can get three points, we're 7 ahead of Houston(8 ahead of Chivas) with a game in hand and 5 points behind DC with a game in hand....come on you hoops!