Official 2024 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    I mean… the stats say it all don’t they… the players certainly fought to the bitter end but it never felt like little Nadeshiko were gonna win this one. I doubt the North Korean players were really concerned at any point either.

2. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    That's true, Koreans controlled the game, but for me, outclassing opponents requires greater scoring (at least 2:0) or physical advantage.

unepommekun and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  3. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    What a GOLAZO by Ueki! :eek:

unepommekun, blissett and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  4. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Great goal by Ueki. Good assist from Hayashi :thumbsup:

unepommekun, blissett and lukephan repped this.
  5. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    unepommekun and lukephan repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Moeka Minami scored the opener with an header from CK-action today in Roma-Fiorentina that ended on a 5-0 score. She played the whole game. Saki Kumagai was just an HT sub instead, but look at her pinpoint pass in the action of the 5th goal. :coffee:

Previously today, Napoli had lost a game vs Pomigliano by 3-1; since the team had avoided relegation last week already, it was all about giving playing-time to some fringe players: subsequently Miharu Kobayashi didn't play. But, surprise, Yuki Togawa did! She started and she played the whole game. :) (You can hear the coach calling her name out loud at 0':31" of the video highlights :giggle:).

lukephan and unepommekun repped this.
  7. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I have some questions about the game against North Korea.
    1. Both teams used long balls a lot, but while North Korea took many chances from them, Japan's ones were almost wasted.
    Why? Was it caused by the difference of the abilities of CBs or FWs or some strategic problem?
    2. I wonder if Little Nadeshiko seriously intended to catch victory of this game. If they desperately wanted to win this, I think there were a lot of different tactics or selection of players on pitch.

KAPIJXM, lukephan and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  8. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    These are just some random thoughts about the game. Again I may be misremebering things, so please take what I say with a grain of salt.

The North Koreans sat a bit deeper than Little Nadeshiko. Also North Korea's full-backs very seldom pushed forward in the first-half, which meant they had numbers back for any ball that went towards Sato. In the second half they were more attacking and one of their best chances came from the left-back.

It also has to be said that the passing to Sato was not particularly good. And then there was Hirakawa and Shinjo who both sat deep with Sakaki (?) sitting even deeper in midfield. Both Shinjo and Hirakawa ignored Kinoshita on the left and continued to play through the right. What I am trying to say is that there really was only Furuta and Sato to aim at.

Little Nadeshiko played a high defensive line, which meant that the North Koreans had a bit more space to run in to. But in general when the North Koreans played their long balls they transitioned play more quickly, which allowed them to catch the Little Nadeshiko off-guard.

I also think that their forwards were just faster than Little Nadeshiko's defenders. The North Koreans were good on the ball, strong and fast, which made it difficult for Little Nadeshiko to compete.

At times it looked like they were playing a 4-2-4, but I am probably wrong because I am terrible with identifying formations. I believe their central midfield can be got at, but you need a player to get by a midfielder like Kikuchi, or some very slick passing. The key is the slick passing has to come in North Korea's half.

That is about all I can remember.

Let us not forget that this is all the North Korean's play for. These players have nothing else to look forward to, so their intensity is just on another level. They are going to be very hard to beat. I am just not sure they are all seventeen that is all.

KAPIJXM, Ponde_Ringu, lukephan and 3 others repped this.
  9. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You are right, Sakaki was sitting deeper, it was basically a 4-1-4-1.

10. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    #2385 unepommekun, May 20, 2024
    Last edited: May 20, 2024
    Young Nadeshiko members for Sud Ladis Cup (27 May - 6 June):
    http://www.jfa.jp/news/00033944/
    Itamura is in maybe instead of injured Tsujisawa.
    Kashimura is in from Menina, but why not Ikegami (injured?)
    And Ohshima is neither there.

11. Elstree

Elstree Member

Iga FC
    Jul 21, 2022
    Saito played for or was in the U17 squad in her time.

I thought the game was Viamas poorest game this season. I'm glad they won or they would take it out on Iga this coming weekend.

12. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You all probably knew this but I just found out that Regina and Inac have highlights of their games on their club webpages.

13. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Ikegami did not play on the weekend, so who knows?

As much as I like Ohshima she did not play that well in the World Cup Qualifiers, so it kind of makes sense. She is a little bit inconsistent, but when she does do something good it is usually very good. I think she should be in the squad even if it is just to have her come off the bench, but I am not selecting the team.

There are some players who are given way more slack than others. Not to pick on Amano, but she does seem to get an easy ride. I assume it is because she plays for INAC. Sakakibara is quite a good player in my opinion and versatile, but never enters the conversation for Young Nadeshiko.

I think we should point out that Koga, Tanikawa and Fujino could be in this team.

14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Remina Chiba subbed in after 64 minutes in 1:0 win in Cologne.

15. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I agree, Sakakibara has given me good impression every time.
    I'm concerned about CBs. Yoneda always chose safety clears against strong North Korea attack. As a result we were continuously under their threat, and finally gave them goal.

By the way, Tanikawa scored yesterday again.:p

lukephan, frideswide, blissett and 3 others repped this.
  16. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yup she surely did :)... wining goal against last year champions and league vice-leader Hammarby, scored in their house no less.

17. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Controversial result with Hammarby being denied, what looked like a pretty clear equaliser at the end of the game. The fans were not happy.

lukephan repped this.
  18. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yeah, unfortunatelly officiating is quite poor across this league. In yesterday game, Tanikawa herself was the vicitim of a reckless challenge - YC worthy, but the ref did nothing.

19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #2394 Lechus7, May 21, 2024
    Last edited: May 21, 2024
    Squad is based on six WWC 2019 veterans and around 10-12 players that joined before WWC 2023.
    Notable omissions: Ria Percival (retired fron NT), Abby Erceg (retired from NT) and Betsy Hassett, Annalie Longo, Paige Satchell.

20. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Nadeshiko:
    [​IMG]

21. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Ford Football Ferns..? I know many national teams have corporate sponsors, but to be included in the name?

lukephan, Ponde_Ringu and blissett repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, that's the final straw of the Big-Brother-like corporate world we live in. Since I am a fervid advocate of the freedom of speech, I always take pride in spelling all the names (competitions, stadiums, awards, etc.) without the compulsory sponsorship-name added. :ninja:

lukephan, Elstree, frideswide and 2 others repped this.
  23. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Beginning of the end?

How about if they were sponsored by The John Shortingham Pencil and Yardstick Corporation

Maybe they could then just get rid of Fern and Football and just call themselves The Shorties

Is nothing sacred in sport anymore?

blissett, lukephan and frideswide repped this.
  24. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Well the Australian NT are called CommBank Matildas and they were Westfield Matildas before that. Their men’s team are the Subway Socceroos. Maybe it’s an oceanic trend. FAs of both countries are always struggling financially as football is not as big there domestically. They probably need all the money they can get.

25. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    How many times do I say this?:D
    Tanikawa's goal:

Ponde_Ringu, blissett and lukephan repped this.