Official 2024 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Well deserved consolation goal for fighting till the end. :thumbsup:

Congrats Nadeshiko for winning the tourney. :D

2. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    My usual Sunday evening with Nadeshiko - THEY WIN. :inlove:

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  3. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    My woman of the match is Nakamura Konoha (Cerezo).

Ponde_Ringu, blissett, Stayfou and 4 others repped this.
  4. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Agreed.
    Cerezo is becoming big factory of talents in Japan.

5. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Hinata Miyazawa was subbed in at 90th minute for Man United against Everton.

6. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Risa Shimizu, Honoka Hayashi and Riko Ueki played whole match for Westham against Brighton.

7. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Hina Sugita played second half for Portland Thorns against Racing Louisville.

unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  8. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Narumi Miura entered the pitch in 64' while Manaka Matsukubo in 75' for NC Courage against NY Gotham.

9. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    #1459 frideswide, Mar 31, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
    One cannot really expect a decent game here, since neither side has anything to play for -- the season is almost over, Brighton started the day in 9th place, West Ham in 11th, and neither is in serious danger of relegation. And indeed, it was a scrappy 0-0 draw.

What was of interest, though, was that a total of five AFC national team players were playing in a single WSL match: our three Nadeshiko girls, plus, on the Brighton side, Li Mengwen (China) and Lee Geum-min (South Korea).

To be honest, I kept thinking what a waste it was that they were not all with better teams. In particular, Li Mengwen is hugely impressive at right back (before becoming a footballer she used to be a 200m/400m track athlete, and it shows: virtually impossible to get by her.!)

10. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Maika Hamano was on the bench for Chelsea against Arsenal in their FA League Cup final.

unepommekun, blissett and frideswide repped this.
  11. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

As for those Japanese trio, West Ham is a terrible team, but to be fair that is the level of the team in WSL that they are guaranteed to start. I think it's not that bad they play for West Ham. They do have a few really awful players playing every week though.

Top three plus United, there is no way they can play for those teams - they won't even get a look. The rest of the teams in the league, frankly there isn't much different in terms of quality. Liverpool and Leicester sometimes have good games, but I wouldn't say they are much better than West Ham in terms of football they play. It may be possible for Shimizu to play for some of the mid-table teams but it's not like she's an outstanding fullback in the league anyone queuing up to sign her. I think Ueki and Hayashi would find it more difficult to find playing time elsewhere.

Miora, blissett, pierre bezukhov and 3 others repped this.
  12. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    #1462 frideswide, Mar 31, 2024
    Yeah, I agree about Ueki and Hayashi -- they are occasionally dangerous, but just lack accuracy. Today Ueki missed a wide open header and was too easily pushed off the ball. Hayashi has moments of real talent -- she had one excellent strike in today's game -- but is invisible for long stretches of the match. Fortunately for them (in terms of playing time) the rest of the team is even worse.

Shimizu is a different story -- similar to Hasegawa she seems to be involved in every play (I'm not saying she's as good as Yui, but she has some of her qualities). But as you say, if she's not special enough for the top 4, where should she go..? I was thinking maybe Spurs or Liverpool, but not sure. (At least she should get out of East London -- have you been to the ground in Dagenham where they play? It feels like you've been exiled to Siberia or the outskirts of Bratislava when you go out there -- it's miserable..)

13. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not sure about Spurs. They are better team simply because they've got better players than West Ham but I don't think they are a good team. Liverpool definitely have a style they are trying to play and have had a good season too - not just beating teams around them but also some big results against the big guns. But not sure they are desperate for a fullback. I was thinking Leicester would be a good fit - their defence is leaky but they really play good football - high press and ball on the floor. It would be so cool to join Takarada and Momiki who both made quite an impact to the team already.

Agree on Hayashi - most of the time she doesn't make any impact. She's lucky she plays for West Ham to be honest.
    I think it has been good for Ueki playing in WSL week in week out. I actually think she's improved some aspects of her game. Yes, her finishing sometimes lets her down, but I think she's gaining very useful experience.

14. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    #1464 pierre bezukhov, Mar 31, 2024
    That video has now received over a million views!

They played on Wednesday and then had to play on the Saturday, which to be honest is not a lot of time between matches and very seldom happens in the men's game these days.

They also played five matches over fourteen days, which is a pretty hectic schedule for a league that only has twenty-two rounds. I mean they played more than 20% of their games in two weeks.

The scheduling for the WE League is always a bit strange, but I am not sure Niigata needed to play Urawa on Wednesday.

Miora, Stayfou, blissett and 1 other person repped this.
  15. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Yuki Nagasato entered the pitch in 81st minute for Houston Dash at Bay FC.

blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  16. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Nadeshiko League highlights:

KAPIJXM, Elstree, blissett and 4 others repped this.
  17. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Maika Hamano accepting her League Cup silver medal at 1 minute mark:

18. Elstree

Elstree Member

Iga FC
    Jul 21, 2022
    Thursday friendly/training match.

Viama vs Taiwan

The Taiwanese women's national soccer team will be holding a training camp in Miyazaki City for three days starting April 2, 2020 (Tuesday), so we will hold a presentation ceremony of Miyazaki Prefecture products to welcome and encourage them.
    Additionally, from 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 3rd, the coach and player representatives will pay a courtesy call to Governor Kono.
    https://www.pref.miyazaki.lg.jp/sportsland/press/2024/03/20240328110407.html

The Miyazaki training camp for the Taiwanese women's soccer team will be held. We would like to inform you that it has been decided that a friendly match will be held open to the public on the following dates. Date and time: 4/4 (Thu) 14:30 kickoff (45 minutes x 2) Location: Ichigo Miyazaki Shintomi Soccer Stadium *Free admission

19. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    If I'm not mistaken the senior keeper for the Taiwan team plays for Yunogo Belle (currently languishing in Nadeshiko Division 2.. oh dear... how have the mighty fallen..)

20. Elstree

Elstree Member

Iga FC
    Jul 21, 2022
    She left Belle at the end of the 2023 season
    https://www.yunogo-belle.com/single-post/news-231212

I think Belle have a great chance for promotion this year. Time will tell.

21. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Yui being the most talented one, focusing on camera skills rather than training. :p

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  22. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ponde_Ringu, lukephan and unepommekun repped this.
  24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The initial moments of this video reminded me of @unepommekun's avatar. :p

lukephan, Lechus7 and unepommekun repped this.