Official 2024 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Nadeshiko “home” game at Tokyo has sold twice as many away tickets than home tickets. Seems the North Korean people living in Japan have gathered to support their comrades.

2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  3. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Apparently INAC Kobe will participate in an invitational tournament against teams including Man City sometime later this year.

4. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What does that mean? A name change for INAC?

5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    On wiki page it is said that the name of the club will not change... :unsure:

Well... we will have to wait and see if the new ownership prove to be help, hindrance or... just means of survival for INAC.

6. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Only 1500 domestic fans seems a bit disappointing for the finest women's national team in the world... :unsure:

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    At which time tomorrow's match will start for us in Europe?

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #608 blissett, Feb 27, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
    Also, for the Schadenfreude-guys out there: USWNT just lost to Mexico for the first time in the last 14 years by 0-2 in the Gold Cup (CONCACAF tournament with CONMEBOL invitees). :coffee:

KAPIJXM, PJ234, #5nadeshikofan and 3 others repped this.
  9. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    I've been watching women's football for last 13 years and must say the game is developing faster and faster. It's like a snowball: the level of play is getting better faster with every year.
    I just couldn't believe how fit, agressive Mexican women were in this match - they fought, they scored, they outplayed Americans, they didn't even steal time. I remember Mexico of the past - the girls had been physically dying in late stage of the matches and now...
    Same with the other countries - they've just caught up with physical aspect of USWNT game and play on equal terms with them. I dare to predict in 5-10 years US women will be left behind the international top (hopefully with Nadeshiko in there). :rolleyes:

Essex, Lechus7, Ponde_Ringu and 4 others repped this.
  10. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    AFC You Tube Channel..k.o....0934 GMT

Lechus7, Stayfou, blissett and 2 others repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ah, this means I am probably going to miss at least a little part of the 1st Half for work reasons; but I should be anyway be able to watch most of the game.

Elstree and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  12. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    My mistake, this image reads “tickets sold for seats behind the goals”. The seats in the main stand and back stand aren’t counted so there will be more than a couple thousand fans watching the game.

16,000 tickets had been sold at about 5pm so I’m guessing there will be about 20,000 fans. I still expect many of them to be those from the Korean community and I expect them to be loud during the game. The exact ratio, we won’t know until the day.

13. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    North Korean coach stated in the pre match presser today that they spent 25 days in camp in Southern China with a specific focus on exploiting the weaknesses of Nadeshiko. That against a Nadeshiko side with a completely experimental left side does feel like an uphill battle.

14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    20 years ago 32k Japan fans watched a team without any previous success winning their ticket over North Korea for Athens Olympics.

Present day Nadeshiko are top 10 in FIFA ranking, quarterfinalists of last WWC and former World Champions and runners-up. Their achivements surpass that of Samurai Blue yet it seems JFA wasted all of it.

Tbh ~20k fans in 68k seat stadium tomorrow... that reads as JFA's failure or embarassement.

It seems Yuki Nagasato was right on the money with her comments about JFA.:(

15. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #615 Lechus7, Feb 27, 2024
    Oh, my post above is me venting some steam and ranting toward the general mismanagement seen in women's football (JFA isn't a sole exception in woso by any means). Don't take me too serious... :p

By the way, it wasn't my intention to jump this way on informative post made by our friend @Ponde_Ringu and for this I apologize if my response was wee bit harsh or seem persolnal Ponde. :notworthy:

To be perfectly honest JFA is doing quite good job in many fields of woso developement, especially at grassroots level - much more than many other FA's that have the means but lack the will.
    Still... it stings a bit when you see how much further women's football in Japan could've been already if it got the attention it deserves from the people in key positions at Japan sports. :rolleyes:

16. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    I took no offense :thumbsup:. Agree with everything you say.

17. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    #617 Ponde_Ringu, Feb 27, 2024

JFA’s desperate call for fans seems to have worked somewhat. Twice the amount of fans in 2 days isn’t bad at all. If only JFA PR department were always this effective.

lukephan, Stayfou, Lechus7 and 1 other person repped this.
  18. Miora

Miora Member

As Monaco
    Madagascar
    Jul 23, 2022
    It's the tickets sold behind the goals, right?

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  20. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #620 Manchester Nadeshiko, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    AUS v UZB just starting.....what a crowd!

3mins....2-0 to Matildas

Edit...Japan v DPR Korea starts with impressive drone display

blissett and Lohmann repped this.
  21. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Nadeshiko Japan, GANBARE!!! :devilish:

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hi, guys: as I had figured, huffing and puffing I managed to be here with just a 10 minutes delay: how is it going so far?

Interesting that Ueno is starting; Kitagawa is what we all wanted to see on the Left-Side, so it's a much less surprising choice.

23. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Let's just say I have never seen such physically intense and aggressive match in my whole life of women's football fan.

If they keep this tempo and intensity their hearts will explode. :eek:

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, at least it looks like this referee does remember that Yellow Cards exist. :ninja:

Manchester Nadeshiko and Elstree repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Korean fans have been just shown on the standings, but it anyway seems to me that the support for Japan is loud enough.

Stayfou and lukephan repped this.