Official 2024 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2023.

1. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Better coach

unepommekun repped this.
  2. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It was B, not C. Yoshino was in it.

unepommekun, lukephan and Miora repped this.
  3. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    That would be depressing if true. :unsure:

4. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Oh I promise you he is no better than Ikeda. His tactics in the U17 World Cup were quite appalling.

5. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results… What do people call them?

6. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Less worse coach then

7. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
  8. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    I’d still disagree. I prefer Ikeda over him. At least Ikeda showed us what this team can play like at its best.

JFA wont hire a foreign coach for the women’s side. They wont spend that much money anytime in the future. But Japan has never been good at producing quality coaches. If it’s the coaching that is keeping us away from winning trophies, I’m afraid Nadeshiko may not win much outside of Asia for a very long time.

Stayfou repped this.
  9. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    What about Norio Sasaki? Are you guys familiar with his name? :sneaky:

10. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    He was great for his time. Would he see the same success in today’s world of women’s football? I’m not so sure.

datschge repped this.
  11. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, I have always thought that you are not a better or worse player depending on the league you play. In fact, I don't like this exile both in japanese male and female leagues. If you are going to play in a top team or in a top league, is ok, but to play in Europe only because is Europe and play in a not so good team I don't think is the best idea, specially if you are very young yet. Another fact, in the last Men's Asian Cup, South Korea made a better tournament than Japan and half of the players play in their local league. In Japan, in the last years it seems that you go to the national team only for playing in Europe (both men and woman).

Talking about the game, I couldn't see it, but it was better like that for what I read here. They have to improve a lot if they can advance to the Olympics, I don't know if I can survive another breakdown of my favorite team, my body is not made of steel :p

12. Essex

Essex Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know where you're coming from, and Korea did advance further than Japan in the Asian Cup. But it's by only one round and to be honest Korea looked worse than Japan. Korea went out against a team whose combined market value is less than 1/10 of that of Korea... :confused:

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  13. Stayfou

Stayfou Member

Olympique Marseille
    Jul 9, 2019
    Maybe JFA can go for Marc Skinner :p

14. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    #589 Ponde_Ringu, Feb 24, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
    Blatant red card offense on Tanikawa yesterday. They both go for the ball and the North Korean player adds an extra kick towards her back after the ball is out of reach. The North Koreans are good, but every time we play them I see something like this happen with both men & women. I do not have a single spec of respect for them. Hence I don’t mind media ignoring them.

I don’t blame the referee for this as she had turned to keep an eye the ball but I wonder why there is no VAR for a match as important as this. JFA should file a complaint.

Several other fouls that should’ve been carded yesterday and the ref completely let them slide with a warning at most.

KAPIJXM, Lechus7, Miora and 4 others repped this.
  15. Elstree

Elstree Member

Iga FC
    Jul 21, 2022
    I thought the ref was really poor. Warned the Korean captain twice without a card.
    Also later there was a clash of heads. Are they not meant to stop the game to check when a player is down holding their head?

unepommekun, blissett, Stayfou and 3 others repped this.
  16. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    AFC Women's Olympic Games Qualifier

Return match Tokyo is winner takes all game...please please anything except penalty shoot out

(Hope lessons have been learned and we can have two goal victory)

Miora, Elstree, Ponde_Ringu and 2 others repped this.
  17. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I did not watch the game, so I do not know how bad it was, but it seems it was pretty bad.

To defend Ikeda a little bit I would like to point out that he has lost Miyazawa, Endo and Naomoto to injury and they were all pretty important players who played more on the left. My point being is that it might take time before he finds the right replacement on the left; I am not sure Ueki is the answer.

It sounds like Nakashima did not do enough in defence, but what was Koga doing? Sugita is probably not match fit, but I would prefer her on the left.

The starting lineup on the surface looks a little strange, but to me it looks like he decided to go with players who are playing in Europe or are match sharp. It makes sense, though I am less convinced by his actual formation. Hayashi has been in fine form, so why not let her start instead of Kumagai? It sounds like Kumagai was poor as well.

People stated that Nadeshiko's B/C team beat North Korea easily at the Asian Games, but people have to appreciate that the pressure is completely different. The Nadeshiko B/C team had absolutely no pressure on them, so they could play freely without worrying too much about the result. If they lost it did not matter because they were the B/C team.

But this is for Olympic qualification, so there is just so much more pressure.

I imagine Nadeshiko will win pretty comfortably in Japan.

KAPIJXM, Miora, #5nadeshikofan and 6 others repped this.
  18. Elstree

Elstree Member

Iga FC
    Jul 21, 2022
    Kanto University Women's Soccer Opening Festival

Kanto Gakuren B Selection 3-1 Kanto Gakuren C Selection
    Goals
    C - 76 Minutes
    B - 78 Minutes
    B - 79 Minutes
    B - 82 Minutes

Urawa Reds Ladies 5-0 Kanto Gakuren A Selection
    Goals
    All second half, 2 in injury time.

After watching Nadeshiko vs N Korea earlier in the warm weather I felt cold watching these 2 games played in snow/sleet/rain.

--------------------------------------------------------

Training match results

24/2 - Renofa 4-3 Diavorosso (2x45,1x40)
    24/2 - Yamato ?-? Speranza
    24/2 - Nagano 2-4 Nagoya (2x45,2x35)
    24/2 - Ehime 1-0 Harima (3x40)
    24/2 - Viama 1-2 Mynavi (2x45,1x30)
    25/2 - Yamato 4-2 Nippatsu (3x40)
    25/2 - OSA Rhea 2-1 Bunnys (3x30)

19. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021

20. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    extended highlights

KAPIJXM, lukephan, Elstree and 3 others repped this.
  21. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It seems Nakashima was subbed in too late. By the time she came on Nadeshiko's passing had became even less accurate and she wasn't as effective as she usually is because she couldn't get into play. When she got the ball, she did well. I assume she had defensive duties but maybe they were more reliant on the actual defense.
    I was surprised to not much action from the forwards. It seemed they were holding back.
    The combination of Shimizu and Hasegawa worked well in my opinion; I am sometimes worried that Shimizu could be overworked.

22. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Mr Ikeda... My old friend...

:giggle:

23. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I dare say that the key player of the second leg is Tanikawa.
    She is the one who is the most likely to get goals.:)

lukephan, frideswide, blissett and 2 others repped this.
  24. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    https://inac-kobe.com/news/notice/8317

INAC Kobe have a new parent company. Their new owners are Daiei Kankyo. Only time will tell how this effects the club but I’m expecting a name change at least.

There are also rumors that Red Bull are in negotiations to buy Omiya Ardija sometime this year. I would expect a whole red bull themed rebrand for this one judging from the clubs they already own.

KAPIJXM, lukephan, blissett and 5 others repped this.
  25. Elstree

Elstree Member

Iga FC
    Jul 21, 2022
    Would that have anything to do with this?

2024/2/21 12:00

Nankatsu SC Co., Ltd. has announced that it will take over the management of "INAC Tokyo", which is operated by the specified non-profit organization INAC and operates in Tokyo as a training organization under the direct control of INAC Kobe Leonessa, from April 1, 2024. We would like to inform you that it has become. In addition, we would like to inform you that Nankatsu SC WINGS Academy and INAC Kobe Academy have concluded an affiliated club for the purpose of mutual exchange.

■Transfer of INAC Tokyo Academy
    Effective April 1, 2024
    [Before change] INAC Tokyo Leoncina (U-18) → [After change] Nankatsu SC WINGS U-18
    [Before change] INAC Tokyo Femina ( U-15) → [After change] Nankatsu SC WINGS U-15

https://www.nankatsu-sc.com/45991.html