Official 2024 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Actually, there’s more of a chance of a broadcast now that the match will be held outside of North Korea. NHK & DAZN broadcast teams were reportedly scrambling to make plans after the news about Jeddah went public. I’m hopeful.

2. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    The AFC's face-saving explanation for the change (avoiding questions of player safety on an artificial pitch in -4C weather) was that the JFA had complained there were "too few flights to North Korea for its fans".

One wonders how many Japanese fans were planning to travel to Pyongyang in February in the first place (assuming they could even get visas to a country with which Japan has no formal diplomatic relations), and how many of those dedicated fans could suddenly instead book flights/hotels to Jeddah with three days' notice?

3. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Japan would not be able to play at SheBelieves Cup (and we don't know what tricks North Korea would use in April).

4. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    We don’t even know if fans are going to be allowed in the stadium yet. :rolleyes:

5. Elstree

Elstree Member

Iga FC
    Jul 21, 2022
    Problems at Bunnys?

Translated from Japanese by Google
    At first, I didn't have a uniform, so I took a photo with last year's red jersey.
    I forgot to take a picture of her smiling face a few days later. Photographed with an iPhone.
    Today I decided to take another photo because the photo I took with my iPhone was too dark to use. .

They haven't given us a schedule and we don't have a coach, so what can we really do to improve the team going forward? I'm worried about the future.

6. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    They're taking their celebrity chef with them, so I guess it's alright..

7. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Honestly, ******** that meaningless competition ^^

lukephan repped this.
  8. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    #383 frideswide, Feb 20, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
    Unconfirmed rumours the North Koreans have been training in Sochi on the Black Sea. From there they can fly direct to Jeddah via Istanbul. There are no Tokyo-Jeddah non-stop flights so the Nadeshiko have to go to Doha (13hrs), then on to Jeddah (2hrs 30min). The UK-based Nadeshiko can fly non-stop from Heathrow.

9. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    #384 frideswide, Feb 20, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
    Probably Saki Kumagai has the worst schedule -- she travels 20.000 km, spending one night in Tokyo before turning around. I think Yui Hasegawa had the misfortune to fly to Tokyo early, so she's in the same boat I believe.

lukephan, Ponde_Ringu and blissett repped this.
  10. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    “The North Korean team seems to have quite a bit of time and is holding their training camp outside of the country while preparing for the heat. It looks like an easy place to travel to, and they seem to be acting as if the location of the event was decided early on...It is possible that the North Koreans were approached by the AFC to host the event in Saudi Arabia, and while they proceeded with their own preparations, they dared not accept the offer, delaying the official decision until the last minute while flirting with other options such as China.”

-Quote from South Korean Media

Sochi and Jeddah are also in the same time zone.

I hope this will be my last post about this issue as no amount of complaining can solve this. But again, what a ridiculous situation. How unfair can a qualifier get. JFA should file a complaint after these games. They should sue someone if a player gets injured.

11. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Pardon me

IMG_5696.jpeg

KAPIJXM, lukephan, frideswide and 7 others repped this.
  12. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    I know she is an important player but I think she should rest especially if she was forced to come from Italy to Japan and then to the Middle East again within just 2 days.

lukephan and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  13. Grampus

Grampus Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I am looking forward to watching the next episode of Team Cam where a group of Nadeshiko stand in front of a big map of Asia guessing where they are going to play. Whilst some of the other players appear on Zoom playing football in their hotel at Heathrow airport.

lukephan, Ponde_Ringu, Miora and 5 others repped this.
  14. Stayfou

Stayfou Member

Olympique Marseille
    Jul 9, 2019
    A good news and a bad news. The good news is that both games against North Korea will be streamed on DAZN Japan. The bad news is that both games against North Korea will be streamed on DAZN Japan.

KAPIJXM, lukephan, Ponde_Ringu and 2 others repped this.
  15. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Yeah there are not a whole lot of people who watch it, but if you want to watch the WE League you have to get DAZN. I mean it kind of makes sense, but it would be much better if it was free-to-air.

I am actually curious is to know if anybody else who uses DAZN Japan has been having problems with their website. @unepommekun @Ponde_Ringu ?

I have been using it since the start of the WE League and I had never had a problem until the start of this year. It just does not really work on my PC anymore. It works fine through my Playstation, so I am not that concerned, but I may have to send another angry email. Their customer service is not the best.

lukephan, Ponde_Ringu and unepommekun repped this.
  16. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I don't have any problems to watch it, but have some minute complaints like CF appearing first.:p

lukephan, pierre bezukhov and frideswide repped this.
  17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  18. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Waiting for Sasaki to make some similar statement…

19. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    haven’t faced any problems other than the frequent price hikes.

Stayfou, lukephan and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  20. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021

NHK will also broadcast the two games.

The away game will be shown live on their BS channel and replayed on their main channel from 24:30 JST

The home game will just be shown live on their main channel.

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Talking especially to friends in Europe: do we now have an exact starting time of the Korea-Japan matches in Europe (CET)? :cautious:

lukephan repped this.
  22. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    I am not in Europe but 14:04 CET.

lukephan and blissett repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you. :thumbsup:

Why the odd :04 thing? o_O

24. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    :04 is the time for Kick Off. :coffee:
    Broadcast will probably start earlier than that

lukephan, #5nadeshikofan and blissett repped this.
  25. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Hopefully these two matches will be served live with turnips on You Tube