Official 2023 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Brazil vs. Japan (2nd match) - extended highlights

lukephan, GunnerTNB, Miora and 4 others repped this.
  3. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am confused by the reaction of the Brazilian goalie when Tanaka scored. It almost looked like she did not want to stop the ball but could have. Maybe the Uzbekistan game made me suspicious of some actions.

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My impression was that, while diving, Leticia decided that the ball would have gone wide, so she decided not to touch it, but Tanaka's shot, despite quite weak and well-stoppable, was much more curved that she had figured, so it went in and her decision to let it pass through looked miserable in retrospect.

I agree that, by rewatching it, it looked quite suspicious, but I figure that my interpretation is anyway able to explain what we're seeing there.

5. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

We League
    Mynavi vs Ohmiya 13:00
    Jef vs Regina 13:00
    Nagano vs Inac 14:00
    Cerezo vs Nojima 14:00

6. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Kubota Mao was called for U19 in addition.

lukephan, Stayfou and blissett repped this.
  7. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Saori Takarada will join Leicester City from 1st January.

KAPIJXM, lukephan, unepommekun and 3 others repped this.
  8. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

KAPIJXM, lukephan, unepommekun and 4 others repped this.
  9. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thank you, that works.....:cautious:

lukephan repped this.
  10. Miora

Miora Member

As Monaco
    Madagascar
    Jul 23, 2022
    Overall I'm quite worried about last Momoko TANAKA's performances with NT and Beleza. She did 2 good saves against Brazil but her hesitations could have cost more for the team.

11. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Don't worry, she is ok = )

12. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

We League
    Jef (Kamogawa) 1-1 Regina (Ueno)
    Mynavi (Ishizaka) 1-2 Ohmiya (Sakaguchi, Funaki)
    Nagano (Dangda) 1-1 Inac (Tanaka)
    Cerezo (Wakisaka, Koyama, Yakata) 3-3 Nojima (Minamino, Hamada, Sasai)

lukephan, Stayfou, Lechus7 and 4 others repped this.
  13. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

We League
    Albi vs Urawa 13:00
    Beleza vs Chifure 14:00

Empress's Cup 4th round
    Fujieda Junshin vs Ehime 10:30
    Setagaya vs Nippatsu 11:00
    Iga vs Nittaidai 13:30
    Viama vs Harima 14:00

KAPIJXM, lukephan, Stayfou and 4 others repped this.
  14. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I watched the first-half of this game and it was a lot of fun. Mai Watanabe has been playing well for Hiroshima. Kamogawa made the mistake for the first goal, so it was good she was able to make amends.

Chihiro Yamaguchi played really well in the first-half. I am starting to think she should be a left-back or even play as a defensive midfielder. Her defensive work was again very good.

I also think that Erina Yamane is turning into a good commentator. I like her analysis of the games she comentates.

It took Nojima 500 minutes this season to finally score their first goal. It really looked quite bad at the end of the first-half with Nojima down by three goals, so I am very happy they were able to come back.

Cerezo looked like they may have worked too hard in the first-half because they slowed down a lot late in the game. They also perhaps looked a bit too relaxed at the start of the second-half possibly thinking that the game was over. I mean I understand the feeling because Nojima are bad, but still you have to play out the game.

Up until the first goal the match was pretty even with Cerezo maybe edging it, but then some careless play from Kawashima right in front of goal led to an easy put away for Wakisaka. As a fan of Nojima it was so frustrating, because once the goal went in Cerezo just picked up the pace and started playing some nice football.

In the second-half Nojima started playing much more direct, which kind of took Wakisaka out of the game in midfield; she was excellent again today. I think Nojima might want to try three at the back, because they really do have trouble getting numbers forward in attack.

But I am just glad they were able to get a point today.

lukephan, Miora, Stayfou and 6 others repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I didn't know Yamane had become commentator: I am happy it's turning out well for her. :thumbsup:

Way to go, Nojima!:giggle:

Stayfou and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  16. Serafim Dahl

Serafim Dahl Member

Barcelona
    Japan
    Aug 25, 2018
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    A question:
    I can find lists of players playing abroad for virtually all nations when it comes to male players, e.g. https://us.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/japan/, but I haven't been able to find similar lists of female players playing abroad. Is there a comprehensive list of japanese female players playing in foreign countries?

17. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    #4517 lukephan, Dec 9, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
    Yui Hasegawa played whole match for Man City against Aston Villa.

18. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    There is not much information unfortunately even in Japanese regarding Japanese players playing overseas. Most of the lists I found only look at players who have played for Nadeshiko Japan.

At the moment there are Japanese women who have not played for Nadeshiko Japan playing in Argentina, South Korea, Taiwan, Spain and Australia. There are probably some women playing in Portugal and Brazil as well.

The penalty for Ohmiya's first goal was incredibly soft. Ohmiya are having a bit of luck this season.

Miora, Stayfou, Serafim Dahl and 2 others repped this.
  19. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

We League
    Albi (Miura, Yanagisawa) 2-0 Urawa
    Beleza 0-0 Chifure

Empress's Cup 4th round
    Fujieda Junshin (Uemoto) 1-3 Ehime (OG, Tago, Imakura)
    Setagaya (Ohtake, Mitsumoto, Mochizuki, Shinbori 2) 5-1 Nippatsu (GonNo)
    Iga (Nishikawa) 1-1 (PK 2-4) Nittaidai (Lee)
    Viama (Kakazu, Fukumaru, et Nagatomi) 3-3 (PK 4-5) Harima (Yamagishi, Uchida, et Kamei)

Lechus7, KAPIJXM, Elstree and 4 others repped this.
  20. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Me and @Manchester Nadeshiko atm :ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  21. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  22. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Urawa looked pretty uninspired today. Their midfield is absolutely stacked and yet they barely troubled the Niigata goal and Niigata held their own in midfield. Urawa also started with only one up top (Shimada) and left Sugasawa and Seike on the bench at the start of the match.

I sometimes think that Urawa believe they can just turn up and beat teams without having to actually play with a system. To be honest it usually works because they have so many good players, but Niigata are pretty well organised this year and a quite difficult to break down.

I would like to see more Hanon Nishio for Urawa, but if they are only going to play one up front then she is not going to get many opportunities.

From what I have seen of Beleza so far this season they have looked very good. Probably the best team in the competition. But today they ran into an Elfen team that played a very deep back five which had no interest in pressing high up the pitch.

Beleza really did not know what to do with such a defensive set-up and did not really trouble the Elfen goal. Beleza really like it when teams press them high up the pitch, because they are so good at keeping the ball and playing around the high-press, but I think against some of the weaker teams Beleza are going to face a lot more walls of five.

I thought Miki Sakuma had a very good game on the right for Elfen and of course Ayuka Onuma continues to impress in central defence.

Miyagawa for Beleza could have been sent off in the first-half if there was VAR, yet somehow she did not even get a yellow. She basically just kicked Sonoda's leg when she was about to break on goal.

Elstree, Miora, unepommekun and 5 others repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    For record, with the elimination of Fujieda Junshin High School and Via Materasu Miyazaki (no Yuma Saito's goals! :eek:), there are no more teams in Empress' Cup that are lower than Nadeshiko League Division 1. :coffee:

unepommekun, lukephan and Stayfou repped this.
  24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Today in Italy:

- Roma-Milan 2-1; Moeka Minami and Saki Kumagai played the full match for Roma, who keep their perfect record, although Juventus remain 2nd-placed just three points behind.

- Napoli-Como 0-0; Miharu Kobayashi started and was on the pitch untl the end of the match that saw her team make their 1st point of the season! :eek: (At the 10th match-day :cautious:).

Highlights:

unepommekun, lukephan and Stayfou repped this.
  25. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Honoka Hayashi played 71 minutes, while Riko Ueki the whole match for Westham against Everton.

unepommekun and blissett repped this.