Official - 2022 roster moves and signings thread.

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ragbone, Nov 7, 2021.

1. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I don't understand the Vanney knows what he is doing comment. Lletget hasn't been more that a role player for the Galaxy and after being resigned an expensive one. If you have a robust roster than does most of the heavy lifting, then I see a place for Lletget. But that isn't today's Galaxy.

For the record, Lletget played 2 years for BA. The first 2015, he scored 7 goals with 2 assists. In 2016 he scored, 1 goal with 8 assists (in the only year Gio played well). Thats an average of 4 goals and 5 assists. That isn't significantly different from the 3 goal 5 assist kind of guy who doesn't play great defense that we saw this year and what he was under Sigi and GBS.

ProudNatRN and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I am curious if we acquiring all this GAM to potentially buy down Pavon to a TAM player?

ProudNatRN, The Beautiful Gamer and JPAR repped this.
  3. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to have a lot of demand to wring the most we possibly can from the eventual trade partner.

I love Seba. I'll be sad to see him go. That said, you can't watch his minutes last season for LA Galaxy and argue he deserved more minutes. Your best players have to be your best players and, for whatever reason, he was not one of our "best players" this year. Is that on him? Is that on Vanney? Is it a matter of formation/role? I have no idea. But for once I like us being proactive with an asset that isn't fitting 100% in to make some moves that we think will be improvements.

Fingers crossed

ProudNatRN, JPAR, hav77 and 8 others repped this.
  4. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I guess we'll see, but if Vanney wasn't willing to shift to a 4-4-2 when we desperately needed it with Chicharito last year, I don't see him doing it now. I could see him saying that in 2023 Chicharito will be gone and we can replace him with someone who can play as more of a target forward.

------------------DP----------------------
    -Cabral---------------------Grandsir
    -----------Raveloson--DP------------
    ------------------DM-----------------------

If Raveloson plays one of the 8's, there's no need for Lletget and so we might as well try to get something for him.

ProudNatRN, JPAR, hav77 and 2 others repped this.
  5. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #155 The Beautiful Gamer, Dec 9, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    That sounds like a total Bruce move and much needed quality vet depth for NE as well. That team will not be getting ousted from the playoffs in short order next year.

JPAR and hav77 repped this.
  6. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be cool with me if this happens. It would still leave the DP spot open and a returning Pavon would have no choice but to bust his butt to prove his is still worth having on a roster. And that would be great. But its all just speculation and I still highly doubt that this will go down.

hav77 and 73Bruin repped this.
  7. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m a bit bummed about Lletget. One of my favorites, love his connection to the USMNT, and a good guy to root for. I get it, it’s a business….but it’s hard to recognize this team. And he will do great with Bruce. Sigh.

Skevin, skydog, Beakmon FC and 3 others repped this.
  8. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Steres is rumored to be on the trading block too. Not surprising given his lack of playing time last year and his relatively high salary.

9. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will miss Seb. But being “hard to recognize this team” is not necessarily a bad thing given what we have been watching for a while now.

Berks, ProudNatRN, Beakmon FC and 5 others repped this.
  10. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It might be Vanney looking for a shift in culture within the team. As much as I appreciate their service to the club, I’m not sure Lleget and Steres have shown the type of leadership that carries a winning team.

I think they need a change of scenery and we need a change too. I’m 100% fine with this.

11. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

Pavon could be back. His contract ends next June but, according to COG, other teams are after him.

The Beautiful Gamer, JPAR and ProudNatRN repped this.
  12. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steres and DePuy are basically the same guy: a backup central defender. And DePuy is a lot cheaper.

Berks, The Beautiful Gamer and JPAR repped this.
  13. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our core leadership were experts at saying the right thing about effort, and caring about the city, the fans, the crest, etc. but when the chips were down the last 1/3 of every season you'll have a hard time convincing me that guys like Jona, Seb, Steres and others cared 1/2 as much about the team's failures as I did.

A culture cleanout (assuming it gets better not worse) might be good.

Dawdler, JPAR, Beirut and 1 other person repped this.
  14. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If Seb and Steres are gone, would Julian and Efrain be the longest tenured Gs?

15. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    It's gonna be Efrain, who signed with the first team ahead of the 2018 season. Then Julian and, if he stays, Zubak.

73Bruin, Beakmon FC and hav77 repped this.
  16. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I think that this is a terrible idea. Even if he is not convicted, we will hear that he is an accused sexual predator, whose victim didn't get a fair hearing. And that is likely to be the best case scenario, unless authorities in Argentina charge the woman for attempted extortion. The worst case being that he is convicted after being signed.

Berks, SuperNerdToTheRescue and Geneva repped this.
  17. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This is such a typical CK and JK move. A unending string of bad decisions. :thumbsdown:
    These 2 need to go ASAP. But no one in the AEG organization holds CK accountable at all for his dismal results so I don't have much hope we will get a fresh, energetic face running the Galaxy organization.

The Cadaver, 73Bruin and JPAR repped this.
  18. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    My assumption is that immigration lawyers/authorities will be the gatekeepers for the legal issues related to this signing. If he is still in the system in Argentina, there is a good chance he won't be able to get a work visa from the US Gov't to come to the US and/or won't be permitted to leave the country by Argentine authorities. Of course, that doesn't eliminate the risk of it becoming a PR problem based on the accusations, but if bar is high enough on the legal side, then that will minimize that risk.

19. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My issue with Pavon, putting the sexual assault accusations aside just for a moment, is the utter laziness of it. Suggests to me that we still have no idea how to scout for players. This has been an issue all the way back to the lazy Steven Gerrard signing. Very uninspiring.

20. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I’m with you. Nothing worse than feeling bad after loss, logging into IG the next morning and seeing some of our players partying or having fun.

I’m not saying they can’t have a life, but when losses are brushed off that easily, that contributes to a culture of losing, which we’ve had for years now.

Zlatan was hard on his teammates, but he wasn’t wrong. There something not right in that locker room.

21. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I just don’t think Pavon fits anymore. It’s clear and obvious that this team needs a Dmid and a attacking midfielder who can play off of Chicharito / Jovelic.

mbar repped this.
  22. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    So Pavon will be our 'new' DP? (hope Klein doesn't sign him to a 5 year deal). Does Cabral move up top or does this mean he sits?

Pavon is definitely a 2nd scoring threat and should help us score.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  23. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    I have zero trust in this FO. I am telling you all this will mean we lose Dejan and keep Cabral. I just know it! :eek::cautious::mad:

24. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anybody have any general idea of where Pavon’s legal issues stand at this point?

I know our front office has done some daft things the past several years but signing somebody who has a pre-adjudication rape case working it’s way through his county’s judiciary seems like a move too stupid even for Klein to make.

73Bruin repped this.
  25. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep and for me DePuy proved that his is the best partner for Williams. I am good with those 2 as our starting CB pair. Same for Araujo and Villafana as Left and Right Backs. We just need quality bench depth.

Beakmon FC repped this.