Official 2022 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    H.T......Ehime 1 Nagoya 2

Goals from Yamada at 6 min and 35 min for Nagoya and a very long range speculative effort from Osajima at 27 mins that found the back of the net.
    Business as usual for Ehime.....A defence that operates on a 'haste and confusion' basis and an attack that cant hold on to the ball long enough to make anything happen.

2. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    H.T.
    Cerezo (Maegawa, Tsutsui) 2-0 Harima
    It's very entertaining game; Cerezo players play very aggressive and their decision making is fast although they lack some important players due to U20 or else.

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You know these are the kind of things I find funny: it was Komatsu day! :laugh:

(Mina Komatsu for Bunnys and... what was the name of the men's Komatsu? :cautious:).

4. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Rui

blissett repped this.
  5. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    F.T.....Ehime 1 Nagoya 3

Another goal at 56 min from Yamada? but Nagoya should have scored at least five today.
    I desperately want to write something positive about Ehime but week on week there are no positives.Sadly they have the feel of a side that's lost all confidence.They make the same mistakes week after week and in view of this you have to ask what is the coach doing about it and the answer is obviously...nothing.Have a look at min 60 when they try to play out from the back.That should have been fixed a long time ago by any coach worth anything
    I am wondering if Ehime FC Ladies problem is as simple as this is what happens to a team when you lose all your best players all in one go.
    Ehime....played 12 won 2.....things cant get any worse surely

6. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Iga 0-0 Orca
    Cerezo (Maegawa, Tsutsui, Matsumoto, Shiragaki) 4-3 Harima (Fujiwara, Higashi, Shinbori)
    Ehime (Hiratsuka) 1-3 Nagoya (Yamada 3)
    Harima's never give up spirit put Cerezo in a dangerous state, but Cerezo scored the game deciding goal in the last minute.:eek:

Setagaya (Nagasaki, Watanabe, Kaneko, Murakami, Mitsumoto, Horie) 6-0 Speranza
    Nippatsu (Katayama, Hirakawa) 2-0 Nittaidai

Nadeshiko League 2
    JFA (Tanigawa 2, Hamano, Matsui) 4-0 Belle
    Anclas (Yanagita) 1-0NORD
    Tsukuba 0-6 DR Hiroshima (Imai, Adachi 3, Akamine, OG)
    Kibi 0-3 Mie (Ichikawa, Yamaguchi, Yagami)

7. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Above....if Nadeshiko You Tube Channel had instant replay I wouldn't keep getting the goalscorers wrong...Hiratsuka for Osajima...sorry

blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  8. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  9. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    #1559 Ponde_Ringu, Jun 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    Omiya Ardija Ventus hosted an online auction for signed uniforms from this season. The auction prices were surprisingly high.

The uniforms that were auctioned at the highest prices were

Ayu Nakata -576,000yen
    Maho Murakami -228,000yen
    Aya Sameshima -201,000yen
    Minori Hayashi -127,000yen
    Minori Tajima -104,000yen

https://auction.hattrick.world/top/481

I know Omiya aren't the first to try something like this. But given how successful this was I expect many other WE or even Nadeshiko league clubs to try something similar.

Omiya is also the first club to announce new signings. It seems they're focusing on strengthening their defense.

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meanwhile, just for your information, guys: a typical feature of this yearly thread was my "seasonal scorers rankings" that I used to publish here in the first days of the year, that used to be the end of Nadeshiko League season (when the final of Empress' Cup had been just played).

Now, not only the Empress' Cup final was played at the end of February of 2022, but the league itself dragged on until the end of May, having become a "winter league" (encompassing two solar years, 2021-2022) instead of a "summer league" (2021 only)! :x3: So it only made sense for me to calculate seasonal scorers at the end of the league, that's basically now.

I did, but I found that these particular piece of statistics has become hardly relevant. :unsure: When there were at least three competitions in Japan's women's football (Nadeshiko League, Nadeshiko League Cup and Empress' Cup) + the occasional international tournament for clubs, you could get significant differences between the league top-scorers' rankings and the full "seasonal scorers" rankings. Now, with just the Empress' Cup and its very limited set of games (due to direct elimination and the WE League teams entering the tournament quite late) to add, I found it's not really worth compiling the whole seasonal rankings here (although I did it anyway in my files).

To give you a rough idea: in top 10, the only differences, compared to the league's rankings, are: Yuika Sugasawa having three more goals (but she was topping the rankings anyway) and Riko Ueki and Haruka Osawa catching up with Miyu Yakata at 6th place through their single goal in Empress' Cup. If we widen the view to top 20, we just have Nanami Kitamura and Hikaru Naomoto at 13th place, leaving a bunch of other players behind through their lonely goal in Empress' Cup, and Miho Kamogawa catching up with them at 13th, from 23th in the league, just because she scored twice in Empress' Cup. Of all the about 100 players who have scored in the league, a dozen others have also scored a goal in Empress' Cup. That's all. :unsure:

Not actually worth a thorough analysis. Unless some significant Asian competition for clubs (Champions' League-like) arises, I guess my "seasonal scorers" compilation has stopped making much sense.

11. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    The WE_league board are considering hosting a League Cup starting next season. Most probably during the winter break. So the rankings will start making sense again soon. ;) You could also count the pre season tournament, though I guess they're technically not part of the season.

I feel like I always post here in bursts and I apologize for that but here's an article I translated. Chair Okajima gives her thoughts on the first season and what she hopes for the future of the league.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10X-5pE6A61uxZun1HcvgeZnWFH1DjTfSTsNdm31h49w/edit?usp=sharing

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, a new League Cup could indeed make my seasonal scorers relevant again: we're going to see if it really happens.

I tend not to consider pre-season goals or anyway not-official matches (apart from any other consideration, they're also quite impractical to track).

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  13. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    transfer info:

Takizawa Chise (Nagano - Regina)

14. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Nagano are going to miss her. She also is a Nagano girl, which is a real shame. I like it when the teams have players from the local area.

I am not entirely sure Regina need her as much as they need a really good defender, but still a nice pick up.

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Time for an NWSL recap, including some mid-week games that were played last week:

- on Tuesday, the 7th of June: Angel City FC-Houston Dash 0-0. Jun Endo played the full game for Angel City;

- on Wednesday, the 8th of June: Chicago Red Stars-Washington Spirit 0-0. Yuki Nagasato almost played the whole game for Chicago, having been subbed-out at 88';

- on Wednesday, the 8th of June: San Diego Wave-Portland Thorns 2-2. Hina Sugita played the full game for Portland;

- on Saturday, the 11th of June: Racing Louisville FC-Angel City FC 2-3. Jun Endo almost played the whole game, having been subbed-out at 90', but she left on a 2-2 score, since the winner was scored at 90'+3' from PK! :eek: Angel City FC are now 3rd in the rankings, level with Portand Thorns;

- on Saturday, the 11th of June: Kansas City Current-NJ/NY Gotham FC 1-0. Benching their Japanese player is not actually looking like a paying strategy, since Gotham dropped at 7th place. Anyway, Nahomi Kawasumi was subbed-in at 84', just after the opponent's goal, and Kumi Yokoyama at 89' :unsure:;

- on Sunday, the 12th of June: Chicago Red Stars-Orlando Pride 1-0. Yuki Nagasato played the whole game and picked up a Yellow Card. Chicago currently share the 1st place in the rankings with San Diego Wave! :eek:

- on Sunday, the 12th of June: Houston Dash-Portland Thorns 0-4. Hina Sugita played the full game (off-topic on the Japanese thread, but Olivia Moultrie, the 16 yo who managed to lower the age-limit in NWSL and someone had deemed a "bluff", scored a brace :coffee:). As mentioned above, Portland Thorns are 3rd-placed along with Angel City.

KAPIJXM, Ponde_Ringu and unepommekun repped this.
  16. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    correction:
    Tanigawa - Tanikawa

Ponde_Ringu and blissett repped this.
  17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Damallsvenskan - 14th round

Linkoping 2 - 1 AIK
    (highlights)

Saori Takarada played full 90. Yuka Momiki was sub off at 67th min. Takarada played as LB this time around. Since the begining of the season she was started as RB, CB, AM, DM and LB. Without a doubt she has become the most versatile player in the Swedish league.
    Honoka Hayashi played full 90. Despite the loss it was a good game by AIK. Positive changes introduced by new coaching staff finally began to surface.

1. Rosengard ---- 14m ---- 36p ----- 42-14
    2. Linkoping ------ 14m ---- 31p ----- 32-13
    3. Kristianstads - 14m ---- 30p ----- 31-12
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    4. BK Hacken ---- 14m ---- 26p ----- 27-12
    5. Vittsjo ----------- 14m ---- 26p ----- 18-13
    (...)
    11. Kalmar -------- 14m ---- 9p ----- 12-40
    -------------- (relegation zone) -------------------
    12. Umea IK ----- 14m ---- 7p ------ 13-32
    13. Bromma. ---- 14m ---- 6p ------ 11-32
    14. AIK ------------- 14m ---- 6p ------ 9-33

18. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Tomoe Tanabe, previously an assistant coach and academy coach in Nojima Stella (praised by coach Kitano in his blog) will take over Chifure in upcomming season.

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1570 blissett, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    When I posted my recap, I hadn't the highlights of the last matches available yet. Now that I do, I first have to correct what I said about Olivia Moultrie, the youngest scorer in the history of NWSL, who actually hadn't a brace but one goal and one assist; then it's worth noting that Portland's first goal was actually an own goal that was forced by a Hina Sugita's cross in the box in what was literally the first action of the game, as you can see in the highlights below :); also, she started the action leading to 4th goal with another pinpoint cross in the box:

unepommekun and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  21. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    #1571 Ponde_Ringu, Jun 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    pierre bezukhov, unepommekun and Lechus7 repped this.
  22. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Nittaidai vs Cerezo 13:00
    Nagoya vs Setagaya 13:00
    Speranza vs Bunnys 13:00

Nadeshiko League 2
    Belle vs Tsukuba 13:00
    JFA vs Shizuoka 14:00

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  24. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    They are almost the same; wafuku (和服) means Japanese clothes.

KAPIJXM, #5nadeshikofan and blissett repped this.