Official 2022 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Urawa v Beleza first 5 min into 2nd half...
    [​IMG]

2. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #1427 Manchester Nadeshiko, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    65 min....Reds 0 Beleza 2...Fujino..l.when it's your day...it's your day

It seems to be turning into a pretty ill tempered affair from Reds point of view

Edit...73 min...Reds 1 Beleza 2...Sugasawa (pen)

Edit..85 min...Reds 2 Beleza 2...Sugasawa...offside??

blissett, unepommekun and Lechus7 repped this.
  3. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    2423 - good attendance. It's ~300 above this season average for them.

Urawa notes almost 20% raise in average attendance for 2022 - comparing with pre-pandemic 2019.

4. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #1429 Manchester Nadeshiko, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    F.T....Reds 2 Beleza 2

Edit...Cerezo just beat Bunnys...10-0

KAPIJXM, unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  5. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

We League
    Urawa (Sugasawa 2) 2-2 Beleza (Fujino 2)
    Ohmiya (Takahashi, Toriumi) 2-5 Inac (Tanaka 3, Takase, Narumiya)
    Jef (Chiba) 1-1 Albi (Kono)
    Nojima (Matsubara) 1-2 Mynavi (Miyazawa, Hamada)
    Regina (Ueno) 1-0 Nagano

Nadeshiko League
    Orca (Kaneshige) 1-0 Nippatsu
    Iga (Mori) 1-0 Nagoya
    Cerezo (Iwamoto 2, Momono, Koyama 4, Kitahara, Morinaka, Wada) 10-0 Bunnys
    Harima (Shinbori, Chiba 2) 3-0 Speranza

Nadeshiko League 2
    NORD (Marugata, Suzuki Wako, Suzuki Marina) 3-0 Belle
    Mie 0-1 Anclas (Aida)
    Kibi (Yamada) 1-1 Yamato (Hori)

6. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    :(

I had really liked his comeback and I found that he had given a clear identity to the team. I hope he leaves because of some good opportunity for him and I hope he's replaced at INAC but some half-as-competent coach (not like that one from overseas, whose name I have even forgetten, who had brought INAC at its worse record a few years ago).

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's interesting that this is the first goal scored by Haruka Hamada this season, while in past seasons she had been so good that she had even been called to National Team: has she been injured? :cautious:

We have the final rankings and (even if I don't want to take anything away from @KAPIJXM) I'll anticipate that Nojima retains 10th place out of 11 over Chifure just becuse they have taken 2 goals less then them (the goals scored are the same: 13) :p.

@Lechus7, where do you find the assists' chart that you use to post on the international boards? I can't seem to locate it on WE League website.

Wow, had I said Cerezo was the team to beat? Looks like I was spot on! :eek: A 10-0 win (now their goal difference is +19) and they're the only Division 1 team with no loss.

Also, were we talking about Shinomi Koyama from our U-20 NT?

Well, she added 4 goals in a single game to the 4 she had previously scored so far, thus she takes the lead of the scoring chart! :eek: I am officially impressed.

Meanwhile, while Cerezo haven't lost a single game, the other team from Osaka, Konomiya Speranza Osaka Takatsuki, is still win-less and drops to last place after today's loss to AS Harima Albion (Sonoko Chiba, with a brace is always good ;); players like her or Iga's Hitomi Mori are really dominating forces in this category).

Ok, Belle record of draws is gone. They start losing too much! :devilish:

9. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    https://fbref.com/en/comps/893/stats/WE-League-Stats#all_stats_standard

take notice that sometimes you need to wait couple of days before an update and even if general stats like matches played or minutes played are already updated, assist or cards may still be not.

unepommekun, Ponde_Ringu and blissett repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  11. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yurina Enjo wins Championship in Poland with TME UKS SMS Łódź.
    She will get to play in UWCL (qualifiers)

[​IMG]

12. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Average Attendance in WE League 2021/22 season is up 16.4% (in compare to 2019)

AttendanceWEL.jpg

13. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    To be very honest, I think Japan could use a few more players that can do what Chiba did here. I can think of so many scenes in international games when a Japanese player continues to push on 200% when they could've just “dived” for a definite penalty or foul. Honestly is excellent, but it can, occasionally and unfortunately, be a hindrance in football. Especially when most of your opponents seem to do whatever they can to win. Maybe it's a side effect of professionalizing the sport.

14. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  15. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    There is always going to differences of opinion about dives and handballs but an ex player told me while watching 2015 WWC......"as a general rule of thumb if something LOOKS 'unnatural' it usually is"
    Players jumping up to head the ball fling both arms up to get leverage not one.
    Players who have been impeded fall over in one go not 'in instalments'
    I suppose the truth is it is only the player herself who knows what's what.

16. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Regichi (?) of Regina ladies (players who came from Ehime to Sanfre):

pierre bezukhov and blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    NWSL update:

- on Saturday, the 21st of May: Portland Thorns-Houston Dash 0-2. Hina Sugita was only subbed-in at 79' for Portland, when the score was already set. :confused: People on the US boards claim it was due to the Thorns having played a mid-week match, thus needing an heavy rotation of players.

- on Saturday, the 21st of May: Angel City FC-Kansas City Current 1-0. Jun Endo played the full match for Angel City.

- on Sunday, the 22nd of May: NJ/NY Gotham FC-Racing Louisville FC 0-1. Nahomi Kawasumi and Kumi Yokoyama both started for Gotham. Naho was subbed-out at 64', Kumi was subbed-out at HT (the score was already 0-1 since quite early in 1st Half). Gotham is in a kind of bad spell, with two losses in the last three games.

- on Sunday, the 22nd of May: Orlando Pride-Chicago Red Stars 2-4. Yuki Nagasato played the full game for Chicago (but didn't score or assisted any of the goals :p).

unepommekun and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  18. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Sugasawa does it. She dived to get a penalty against Scotland at the last world cup when really there was minimal contact from the Scottish defender. It was a smart dive. She also has fallen down very easily this year in the WE League. Naomoto is probably the worst and even Takahashi does it.

Urawa probably do the most simulations out of any of the WE League teams and yet they are easily the biggest team in the league. Naomoto loves throwing her weight around and makes some pretty hard tackles, but if the opposition reciprocates with similar tackles she will roll around on the ground for thirty minutes. I do not like her for doing it, but I kind of respect her for it.

The thing is I am less critical of simulation when players do it in the penalty box, because they just want what is best for their team and they are human after all. Referees just have to be better at picking out dives.

My main problem with diving is how much it has crept into the game all over the pitch. Players now go down easily anywhere on the pitch and I believe that it creates the wrong mindset. Players start looking for fouls and contact rather than playing the ball. Football is about the ball and controlling it, not looking for contact when you have the ball in an attacking position. Also it sometimes get opposition players sent off.

But having said that I completely understand why players do it and at times it is necessary, because it slows down the play and can break up the rhythm of the opposing team.

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't really want to enter this kind of discussion: I'll only mention that one of the biggest things that drove me to women's football in general and to Nadeshiko Japan in particular was fair-play.

I am against diving and simulations of any kind, in any part of the pitch, for whatever reasons and regardless of the fact that refusing to dive or to simulate gives disdvantage against teams doing that, period.

20. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Confirms my belief that she has the shiniest hair in the league.
    Thanks for that.

21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Nojima Stella Sagamihara manager Makoto Kitano steps down.

22. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Masaaki Sugano who led Nojima from their founding year until 2018, leading them to first division, will take over as General Manager and coach from next season.

https://stellakanagawa.nojima.co.jp/cn36/pg1263133.html

Hamada Haruka has fulfilled her contract with Sendai Ladies and will be leaving. Quite surprising since I feel she’s been the face of woso in the region. It’s great that she was able to score the winning goal in her last game after a season she mostly spent injured.

She doesn’t have a team to go to yet which might mean Sendai thought she wasn’t good enough to keep…

23. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    His name is actually Masaki Kanno. It always makes me feel a bit better when native Japanese people get the reading of a kanji wrong.

He took Nojima to third in the league and also to an Empress's Cup final. When he was manager they played some very attractive, attacking football. It will be interesting to see what he does and how much he changes things up.

When he managed Nojima he had some very good players at his disposal and his squad was better than the one he is taking over, so I am curious to see how much of a difference he can make. But I am a little excited about next season.

I figured Kitano's days were numbered. I think Nojima have slightly loftier ambitions than finishing second last in the WE League and losing to Nadeshiko clubs in the Empress's Cup. There goal was to win the Nadeshiko League when they first formed the club to give it some perspective.

Kitiano did take over a depleted club that had lost a lot of its good, experienced players, but a lot of the football was pretty uninspiring under him even when some of them were still there.

Having said that, the second half of this season was much better, but given how poor Nojima were in the first half of the season they really could only get better. Kitano also was not afraid to play some of the younger players and I think he is correct in saying that he has helped the development of some of the players.

With Kanno coming back Yoko might come back. For those of you who do not know Yoko has not played a single match for Rayo since January and has been sitting on the bench. I wonder what she will do.

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1449 blissett, May 23, 2022
    Last edited: May 23, 2022
    Thanks for confirming my supposition about Hamada's injury. :thumbsup:

I can understand your feeling! :p

Yoko Tanaka signing for Rayo Vallecano was actually disgraceful: how to bash on a woman player's career.:unsure: I really hope she can get back to Japan and find anew the joy of playing football.

25. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Am I the only one who thinks that Ibuki Nagae was a little lucky not to be sent off and incredibly lucky not to be given a yellow card?

I may be too harsh, but to me that is a blatant hand ball. I do not think she should have been sent off, but at least a card. Just so you remind players that raising your arms to stop a goal on the goal line is not okay.

The action starts around the 65 second mark.

unepommekun and Ponde_Ringu repped this.