Official 2022 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

2. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Ange Violet vs Nittaidai 13:00
    Ehime vs Setagaya 14:00

Nadeshiko League 2
    Tsukuba vs JFA 14:00

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  3. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I understand where you are coming from and I can see why the red card was given, but I believe that the ref was conned by Chiba and that is where my frustration/anger is coming from. Not the referee, but Chiba.

I want to stress that Kishi definitely made contact with Chiba's leg, but in no way was it enough to make Chiba fall the way she did. Chiba dived to make it look much worse than the contact actually was, which means Kishi should not be sent off in my opinion. Also contact is allowed.

After the initial contact Chiba took two more steps before "falling down". When contact is made on her leg she is at least one metre outside the penalty box, yet somehow she manages to end up two metres inside the penalty box.

If you are genuinely tripped you fall down immediately, because you lose your balance not two steps after the contact. It reminded me of the Americans against Spain in the last world cup.

But having said all that I can see why the ref gave the red card and I am just more disappointed with Chiba

This is what happens when somebody is genuinely tripped by a player. The play starts from around 20 seconds.

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I sometimes read some spars news from the US College boards on BigSoccer: Florida State University is one of the best programs of the whole nation, but I seldom read the name of Ran Iwai in their starting rosters. Probably she's anyway working well enough with them to get a call; I repeat: i'ts one of the top college teams in USA, so just the fact of being there means a lot.

5. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021

She’s been suffering from loose bodies in her ankle joints for a while now (since or even before her season at INAC). This was the reason she wasn’t fit during the Olympics.
    Though I didn’t know it was both her ankles. I’m glad she chose to go through with the surgery this offseason. This probably means she won’t play for the NT this summer though.

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    One of the finest Japanese talents of the last decade, constantly plagued by a non-stop chain of injuries. :( Sometimes I wonder what Iwabuchi could have been if she had always remained healthy.

7. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    logbooth, KAPIJXM, Ponde_Ringu and 5 others repped this.
  8. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021

Moeka Minami will be playing in Europe next season. She’s already signed a contract with her next club.

logbooth, unepommekun, Lechus7 and 2 others repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Good for her and for our defense! :thumbsup:

logbooth, Ponde_Ringu and Lechus7 repped this.
  10. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #1410 Manchester Nadeshiko, May 21, 2022
    Last edited: May 21, 2022
    H.T......Ehime 0 Setagaya 1
    Goalkeeper tried her hardest to give the visitors a one goal advantage at 6 mins but Setagaya were not able to take advantage.They did go a goal up at 22 mins with a headed goal from a CK from Kaneko.Game has been played in the Ehime half with CK after CK.Setagaya seem determined to go into next weeks top of the table clash with Iga at least 2 points ahead of them and so far nothing Ehime has done will prevent this.

Surprise me Ehime!

11. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    F.T.....Ehime 0 Setagaya 1

The only surprise is that the score remained at 0-1 and not because of Ehime's solid defence.More of the same in the 2nd half the only difference being that the home side created one scoring chance at 57 min which pulled a good save from Setagaya goalkeeper.It's very sad watching Ehime trying to play it out from the back and losing the ball time after time after time and not changing anything.Coach.....please learn and change.
    Iga will hardly be quaking in their boots after watching Setagayas performance against lowly Ehime (yes..I think it's time to start refering to them as lowly Ehime)

Things can only get better.

12. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Ange Violet 0-1 Nittaidai (Kaneko)
    Ehime 0-1 Setagaya (Kaneko)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Tsukuba (Okidoi) 1-0 JFA

13. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

We League (all games start at 13:00)
    Urawa vs Beleza
    Ohmiya vs Inac
    Jef vs Albi
    Nojima vs Mynavi
    Regina vs Nagano

Nadeshiko League (all games start at 13:00)
    Orca vs Nippatsu
    Iga vs Nagoya
    Cerezo vs Bunnys
    Harima vs Speranza

Nadeshiko League 2
    NORD vs Belle 11:00
    Mie vs Anclas 12:00
    Kibi vs Yamato 13:00

KAPIJXM, Ponde_Ringu and blissett repped this.
  14. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.

DAZN You Tube Japan free game......Urawa v Beleza

Ponde_Ringu and blissett repped this.
  15. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    I feel she may be converted to defensive mid.

blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Any clue about the club, or at least the national league, she's headed for? :cautious:

I see Lechus7 has posted on the German boards, figuring that she's been signed in Frauen-Bundesliga: is it just a guess, @Lechus7, or do you have any additional info?

For my part, I can say that, if there is an European club that could very well use a strong international CB, it's Roma. Italian league will be fully professional next year (!), it's getting better and better in technical and financial terms, its reputation benefitted of Juventus' run to Women's Champions' League quarter-finals and it's likely that, in one or two seasons, it could qualify three teams to the Champions' League.

Roma, with their 2nd place in the league, just qualified for next year Champions' League (or course starting from the preliminary rounds in August), so being signed with them could be a chance for Minami to experience the top European competition. Roma used to have one of the strongest CB duo in the league in Italian NT stalwart Elena Linari and Jamaican international Allison Swaby, but Swaby left mid-season to go playing the NWSL in the USA and the hurried replacement (Swedish Beata Kollmats) didn't actually seem quality enough. So Roma are in search of a high-level CB and those are a luxury in today's women's football... :coffee:

unepommekun, Ponde_Ringu and Lechus7 repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In other news, Philippines WNT just conquered 3rd place at SEAG (South East Asian Games) tournament by beating Myanmar by 2-1 and the two scorers were their Japan-based strikers Sarina Bolden and Quinley Quezada. Since Philippines' squad is chock-full of players who were raised in the US college system, I guess it's quite flattering for WE League that it's actually Japanese development bringing in the goals. :ninja:

KAPIJXM, unepommekun and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  18. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    It's only a guess but I'd like to see her play in BundesLiga's UWCL bound club

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1419 blissett, May 21, 2022
    Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Wow, two Kaneko scoring the only goal for their respective teams in two 0-1 wins that incidentally were the only Division 1 games that were played today, Yui Kaneko for Setagaya and Mayu Kaneko for Nittaidai (and both at their first goal in the league)! :eek::eek::eek: What kind of an incredible combination is it? I wasn't even aware that there were two Kaneko in the league, to the point that I had initially thought @unepommekun could have made a mistake (I know, I know: how did I dare to think that? :x3:).

Are Yui and Mayu Kaneko in any way related? :cautious:

Also, first loss for JFA in Nadeshiko League 2 after 9 match-days, one week after slaughtering Kibi by 8-1! :eek: What a bizarre day in Japan today.

20. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I don't know it, but I don't think they are related. If they are Tanaka, you would not be surprised so much. Kaneko is not so popular but nor rare.
    By the way, I know you like this kind, so I omitted their first names on purpose. :D

About Nittaidai, I have known some shocking truth today.
    Sekiguchi Mai (really hopeful CB, in fact I liked her play very much and I was really concerned about her absence last year) was diagnosed as having fatal heart disease.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last year, they were really strong as being able to aiming at the title, but lots of accidents attacked them, adding to the Sekiguchi's absence.
    First, Mouri Miyu (U18 candidate) was injured. Second, captain Lee was heavily injured. Third, Watanabe Mai (U20 candidate) was injured.

Watanabe Mai seems to have come back this year at last.:)

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    :geek::D

22. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  23. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    unepommekun, pierre bezukhov and Lechus7 repped this.
  24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #1424 Lechus7, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    1st half of Urawa vs. Beleza in one emoji = :sleep:

other matches at HT (open)
    Omiya 0 - 3 INAC
    Nojima 1 - 0 Mynavi
    Sanfrecce 0 - 0 Parceiro
    JEF 0 - 1 Albirex

25. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #1425 Manchester Nadeshiko, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    H.T......Reds 0 Beleza 0

Good game..highlight...Yamamto's ability to seemingly go past any of the Reds at will.

Edit...46 mins ...Reds 0 Beleza 1....Fujino...all her own work...nice