Official 2022 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yesterday, last match-day of Serie A Femminile 2021-2022 was played. Sassuolo have beaten Inter by 2-1 thus retaining their 4th place (Inter could have passed them with a win). Mana Mihashi played the full game and scored the opener at the end of 1st Half (her first goal of the season on the last match-day: better late than never :p), while Nanoka Iriguchi just sat on the bench.
    It's been a good season for Sassuolo, but it could have been better. Mihashi sure was a dependable player throughout the whole season; Iriguchi made some useful experience.

Highlights:

2. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Round nine highlights from the Nadeshiko League.

3. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yuka Hirano will leave 1.FC Köln(No information about new club).

4. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    A bit late to join the convo about NWSL but sharing some media coverage on Sugita and Endo.

Comments on Jun Endo from a show focused on Angel City.

Total Football Analysis on whether Sugita can replace Horan in the Portland midfield.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/a...s-2022-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Not NWSL nor media (or even football related) but a blog post by Narumi Miura about having her first natural (not drug induced) menstruation after 7 years during October 2021. Apologies if some may find this a bit uncomfortable to read but I thought it was very brave of her to share this story.

https://note.com/narumi08/n/nb889fd80bbd7

logbooth, Lechus7, unepommekun and 3 others repped this.
  5. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Not at all. In fact, I'm really thankful to you for giving this chance to read this kind.
    I was moved to tears a little for some reason as reading this.

6. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Miura san...."I hope the menstrual problems of female athletes will be better understood regardless of gender..."
    Agree absolutely

logbooth, Lechus7 and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  7. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    I just found out this man Miura is introducing us to is an anti-vaccine, COVID conspiracy theorist so I would take parts of this story with a grain of salt. I don't know if I have to say this here but please consult a medical expert first. I'm a bit worried now since this man seems to have connections to a lot of woso players but that's not a conversation for this thread.

Lechus7, unepommekun and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  8. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Schedule for EAFF E-1 is out. Dates and times are in JST.

July 19th 16:00 Japan v South Korea

July 20th 15:30 China v Chinese Taipei

July 23rd 15:30 Japan v Chinese Taipei

July 23rd 19:00 China v South Korea

July 26th 16:00 South Korea v Chinese Taipei

July 26th 19:20 Japan v China

logbooth, Lechus7, unepommekun and 2 others repped this.
  9. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    As I was reading it I got a Novak Djokovic vibe from that guy. The problem with these fitness/health gurus for me is that I agree with most of what they say. Eat healthy, exercise and look after your body and you will have a lot fewer problems. Also not depending on drugs to fix all your problems is also a good way to live.

However, it is when they veer off into vaccination conspiracy theories that it really does my head in. Mainly because they have very little understanding about how vaccines work and why we actually use them. As you say this is not really the place to discuss this stuff.

I noticed that she was binge drinking at the age of 16! That is really rare in japan for somebody so young.

Anyway, I am glad she is healthy and feeling good about herself.

logbooth, unepommekun, blissett and 3 others repped this.
  10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Question.
    Attendance record for Japan WNT (played in Japan) is still 31 324 from OG qualification match against North Korea in 2004 at National Stadium?

By any chance @blissett you know what's the attendance record for Italy WNT (at home) ?

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not sure and even for me, despite being Italian, it's difficult to find a reliable source about it.

the 100.000 attendance in Mexico for the non-official World Cup in 1971 is often mentioned (it's been mentioned in the relevant thread here on BigSoccer also, as an example of a non-FIFA-supported record), but of course it's not "at home". Its mere presence though, seems to obscure most of the other data.

12. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yeah, it's pretty much the same with Barcelona attendance record but in club football.

13. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    The W.E. League awards event will be held on 7 June 2022 1600hrs JST and event will be live on DAZN You Tube.
    Awards for...MVP...Best eleven...Outstanding players award...Top scorer...Fair play award...Best coach...Referee appreciation award and Most impressive WE League Action Day

(Before the awards proper can I suggest we here participate in a 'let's not take ourselves too seriously' on line award event to genuinely celebrate the completion of the first season of professional womens football in Japan)

In view of this...
    I would like to nominate Mami Ueno for the LNTOTS Award for 'The most shiny hair in the WE League'

(Hope this idea will be received in the spirit intended)

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In a midweek NWSL match yesterday, Portland Thorns posted a 1-1 draw at home vs Washington Spirit. Hina Sugita played the whole match.

Ponde_Ringu and unepommekun repped this.
  15. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    short listed squad for U20 training camp (5/23-26@J-Village)

GK
    ISHIDA Kokona (Waseda University)
    FUKUDA Shiori (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Urawa Reds Ladies)
    OBA Shu (East Tennessee State University/USA)
    NODA Nina (Nippon TV Tokyo Verdy Beleza)

DF
    NISHINO Akane (Mynavi Sendai Ladies)
    NAGAE Ibuki (INAC Kobe Leonessa)
    IWAI Ran (Florida State University/USA)
    TABATA Haruna (Cerezo Osaka Sakai Ladies)
    SUGISAWA Mihoshi (Omiya Ardija VENTUS)
    TAKESHIGE Akari (INAC Kobe Leonessa)
    ISHIKAWA Rion (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Urawa Reds Ladies)
    KOYAMA Shinomi (Cerezo Osaka Sakai Ladies)

MF
    MORITA Misaki (Nittaidai SMG Yokohama)
    NAKAO Momo (University of Memphis/USA)
    YOSHIDA Riko (Chifure AS Elfen Saitama)
    IWASAKI Kokona (Nippon TV Tokyo Verdy Beleza)
    AMANO Suzu (INAC Kobe Leonessa)
    OYAMA Aemu (Nippon TV Tokyo Verdy Menina)

FW
    SHIMADA Mei (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Urawa Reds Ladies)
    YANASE Funa (Sanfrecce Hiroshima Regina)
    YAMAMOTO Yuzuki (Nippon TV Tokyo Verdy Beleza)
    NISHIO Hanon (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Urawa Reds Ladies)
    FUJINO Aoba (Nippon TV Tokyo Verdy Beleza)
    HIJIKATA Maya (Nippon TV Tokyo Verdy Menina)
    HAMANO Maika (INAC Kobe Leonessa)
    MATSUKUBO Manaka (JFA Academy Fukushima)

Schedule
    Mon. 6 - Tue. 14 June: Domestic training camp (Fukushima)
    Thu. 7 - Mon. 11 July: Domestic training camp (Chiba)
    Fri. 29 July - Fri. 5 August: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup Costa Rica 2022™ Pre-camp (TBC)
    Sat. 6 - Tue. 30 August: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup Costa Rica 2022™

16. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    LNTOTS Award.....'The WE League player who would definitely lend you 7500 yen to get home if your wallet had been stolen'....Emi Nakajima

logbooth, Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Shinomi Koyama already scored 4 goals in Nadeshiko League 1 this season, so I hadn't realized she was a DF! :eek:

How does she use to score? Is she particulary tall and can score headers from CK actions?

18. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    She hasn't played as a DF in the team, rather an attacking MF.

blissett repped this.
  19. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    These members are almost as is expected, except the three players playing in the USA.
    https://www.etsubucs.com/wsoccer/news/2021-22/18231/ohba-named-socon-freshman-of-the-year/
    https://www.targma.jp/js/2021/06/16/post3587/

Ponde_Ringu, Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  20. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    You can see her super goals last week in the highlight pierre introduced.

blissett repped this.
  21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Some stas from WE League on U20's

U20statsjpg.jpg

blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  22. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I just watched it and I have to say that the referee got that completely wrong. Kishi was sent off for essentially getting the ball with contact that was created by both players.

If anything Chiba should have been given a yellow card for simulation. From what I could tell she tripped over her own feet and then dived to make it look good.

Here is the video. I would love to read about what people think of this decision. The red card starts around the 90 second mark.

23. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Simulation....dragged her trailing leg and threw herself down....should be reviewed and cancelled....red card against your name for that is ridiculous...imo

pierre bezukhov and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  24. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I am a little surprised that Mahiro Nishigori has not been called up. She is still very green, but has played well at times this season for Nojima. I mean she is nowhere near the level of Yoshida, Yanase and Takashige, but those three have been brilliant this season.

I have watched quite a lot of Suzu Amano play this season and given the team she plays for I am not convinced she should be getting selected ahead of Nishigori. Maybe I am biased, because I am a Nojima fan.

I assume Kinoshita is not going to the Under 20 world cup, because she has already played for Nadeshiko Japan. It is a shame really, because she would be a huge assett for them.

I like that they have chosen some college players. I mean it is not just their play, but also their insights into the US team could be useful.

I am glad I am not the only one who thought it was ridiculous. I wonder if they do reviews of red cards.

25. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #1400 Lechus7, May 19, 2022
    Last edited: May 19, 2022
    My three cents.

Right call - dogso - RC.

High speed run.
    foul1.jpg
    Chifure player looses initital shoulder to shoulder.

Chifure player makes then last-ditch sliding tackle, hits the ball ...
    foul2.jpg
    ...however takes herself out of following chase by going into ground... at the same time JEF player rides the tackle, stays on her feet and can continue advance on 1 v 1 with goalie.

Till this moment all action was within the rules.

Unfortunatelly at the end of the challenge the trailing arm of Chuifure player traps for a moment left leg of JEF player denying her chance to continue her play (no to mention a sliding mass of 50kg that hits the legs of JEF player from the side at high speed). After that losing balance and tripping was a given. foul.jpg
    Here's the moment when dogso starts.

EDIT: I'd give YC for this if another defender was in vicinity.. but she was the last defender.