Official 2022 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    H.T....Iga 1 Ehime 1
    The optimism lasted till the 26th min when Iga equalised.
    Ehime are doomed to concede in the second half
    They are defending too deep with a defense that sadly lacks the technical ability to do so in front of a goalkeeper who is putting it kindly...a LIABILITY..(have a look at min 39 if you need a good laugh at a team playing it out from the back with a rubish keeper)
    Please surprise me in the second half Ehime F.C. Ladies

unepommekun, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  2. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #1352 Manchester Nadeshiko, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
    61 min...predictable eventuality....Iga 2 Ehime 1
    Surprise surprise...it was down to poor goalkeeping

74 min....Iga 3 Ehime 1
    Goalkeeping error

It's getting past a joke now it's very sad to watch

3. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    F.T....Iga 3 Ehime 1....congrats KAPI
    Following the fates of Ehime F.C. Ladies every week at the crack of dawn is like intentionally jumping off a very tall building....to start everything is ok but you sort of know inside it's not going to end well.
    I have to believe that that things will improve and the massive downturn is not just down to losing their best trio to the WE League and steadying stalwarts like Hikari Sato and Ayumi Oya leaving but perhaps mid table mediocrity is now the only realistic expectation for the team.It's getting very difficult to watch them making the same mistakes week after week.Hey ho...perhaps the coach will eventualy put an ankle tag on the goalkeeper that sounds an alarm if she comes within 10 km of a football pitch and start a big reorganisation.

Edit..just remembered it's halftime Beleza v Mynavi....a chance to watch some of my favourites..feeling better already

4. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yui Hasegawa is watching Beleza - Mynavi from the stands.

5. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    A chance for Yui Hasegawa to watch some of her favourites?

Lechus7 repped this.
  6. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    After playing full season among a number of very average players perhaps she wants to see and feel some quality for a change ;)

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  7. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Utsugi with 2nd missed sitter this season :ROFLMAO:

8. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    .... aaand redemption for Utsugi :)

9. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    After what she's gone through you have to be a bit heartless not to share her joy in scoring

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ...but: I bet @Twistal's comment will be quite cynical anyway! :p

#5nadeshikofan repped this.
  11. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    So was NT coach Ikeda, WE League Chair Okajima, Omiya coach Okamoto, INAC coach Hoshikawa. Seems to be a popular match.

With this loss Sendai are out of the race for third place (and a 5million yen prize).

12. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Iwabuchi too...

13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    In a broader aspect, Utsugi's winning goal also shows that in a highly technical team, manning the key offensive positions with strong and tall players is not only desirable but necessary and brings measurable results.

Well, if we take a closer look, the selection process adopted by Tokyo Verdy already begins to reflect the general trend of placing emphasis on physically strong players. Quite a number of the youngsters nowadays that transfer from Menina to the first team are characterized by above-average physical conditions.

14. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:
    We League
    Beleza (Shimizu, Utsugi) 2-1 Mynavi (Miyazawa)
    Albi (Michigami 2) 2-2 Regina (Ueno 2)
    Chifure (Yuumura) 1-4 Jef (Ichinose, Tanaka, Kishikawa, Shirowa)

Nadeshiko League
    Ange Violet 0-6 Harima (Yoshida, Koike, Shinbori, Chiba, Fujiwara, Inowaki)
    Iga (Mitsuhashi, Shimano, Ogawa) 3-1 Ehime (Fujisawa)

Nadeshiko League 2
    JFA (Hamano 2, Itamura 3, Kanenari?, Sasaki, Matsui) 8-1 Kibi (Nishimura)
    Yamato (Hamamoto 3, Nishiyama) 4-0 NORD
    Shizuoka (Yamada, Morita, Takashima) 3-1 Mie (Kuwabara)
    Anclas (Koyama, Yangita) 2-0 Tsukuba

KAPIJXM, Lechus7, blissett and 1 other person repped this.
  15. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Mami Ueno with 8 goals for the season (3rd top scorer)....now who would have predicted that?
    (Obviously the individual who decided to bring her from Ehime F.C. Ladies to Hiroshima Sanfrecce Regina)

blissett, Ponde_Ringu and unepommekun repped this.
  16. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I think her goal number is 10.

blissett and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  17. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Sorry the WE website obviously has not been updated today.That would make her 2nd highest scorer?

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  18. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #1368 Manchester Nadeshiko, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
    W.E. site update....top goalscorers.....15.5.2022
    Sugasawa....12
    Ueno............10
    Tanaka..........9

edit.....on the last day of the season 22.5.22 it would be a nice gesture if DAZN continued offering 2 free games per match week

Sanfrecce v Nagano and Reds against Beleza please

unepommekun, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Interesting game, decided by 2 braces, one per side, in Niigata: you don't see very often a 2-2 score with 2 players scoring 2 goals each. :coffee:

I missed Utsugi's goal: I want to see a replay of it as soon as it's available (Utsugi remains one of my favourite Champions from 2011 :ninja:).

AS Harima Albion scores 6 goals and no-one of them by Fumina Katsurama? :eek::(
    At least Sonoko Chiba scored (Utsugi and Chiba are two of the players @Manchester Nadeshiko and I met in Algarve with the National Team some years ago ;)).

The website gives me a translation of Rina Kanari for that player, @unepommekun, but of course I can't figure if it's correct. With today's hat-trick, Mao Itamura already has 8 goals in 8 match-days.

Meanwhile, first win of the season for Anclas. draw's maniacs of Belle are the only winless team, now.

20. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    It depends really.

If Utsugi would've played this whole season as a rotation player, this would've been a decent signing. But since she played only 6 games or something 5 to 25 minutes each time, it doesn't feel quite logical for me.

But it's nice that she finally scored, interesting if Beleza would keep her as a player for next season, including trip to the USA. Makes sense at least marketing-wise.

#5nadeshikofan, Ponde_Ringu and blissett repped this.
  21. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    I was watching the Chifure v Chiba match and I really have to feel sorry for Chifure…4 goals conceded and a red card for their last home game…

If memory serves me right this is the first ever red card in the WE league. Straight red by DOGSO too.

Lechus7 and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Their last game of this league at all, actually, not just their last home game: next week they're going to be the "We Action Day" team of the week-end that won't play that match-day.

This means that they're guaranteed last place in the league, independent from Nojima's result next week, since their goal difference is already worse than Nojima's one.

Edit: sorry, not true: they have to hope Nojima lose their home game vs Sendai by more than 3 goals to pass them on goal difference (or even by just 3 goals, as long as Nojima don't score any)

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  23. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    First of all, thank you @Manchester Nadeshiko. Second, now I understand better your problem with your GK, the second and third goal are two very huge mistakes, with a GK like that is impossible to make it better. And the thing of always pass the ball in short passes near their area is not a good idea if your team hasn't the optimal quality to do that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The mention of Hina Sugita and her Portland's fans seems like a good excuse for NWSL recap from this week-end:

- on Friday, the 13th of May: Portland Thorns-OL REign 0-0. Hina Sugita played the whole match for Portland.

- on Saturday, the 14th of May: NJ/NY Gotham FC-North Carolina Courage is postponed for a covid outbreak in NC Courage.

- on Sunday, the 15th of May: San Diego Wave-Chicago Red Stars 2-1. Yuki Nagasato played the full game and had the assist for Chicago's goal at 90'+1' (see highlights below)

- on Sunday, the 15th of May: Washington Spirit-Angel City FC 0-1. Jun Endo played the whole game for Angel City.