Official 2022 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Matsubara Yuna

blissett and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  2. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    INAC lead at half-time and looking pretty comfortable.

Nojima have actually had some pretty good chances to score, but they continue to make the wrong choices in front of goal. This has been an ongoing problem.

Nojima play a fairly rough kind of game, but INAC look like sooks to me, but I am biased.

From what I can see Hiroshima are killing it. They are playing with a lot of confidence. Elfen just need a better midfield and they will become so dangerous in my opinion.

3. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Yes the wrong team. Very embarrassing.

blissett repped this.
  4. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Yamaguchi and Tachibana have come on for Hiroshima.

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  5. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Tanaka scores another nice goal. She has been a completely different player in the second half of the season.

6. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    It seems every time Nojima gets close to scoring INAC is the one that scores instead. Great shot by Mina Tanaka. Makes up for her really bad miss in the first half imo. She's really been scoring left and right after her condition improved.

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  7. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    NIce goal but there was an offside missed in the build up.

8. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Narumiya scores.

9. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Nojima 0 INAC 3

That should settle things really

KAPIJXM, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  10. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    A bit unrelated but the WE league probably has the best camera work out of all professional woso leagues. I really struggle watching the WSL. Sometimes their one camera doesn't even show the edge of the pitch.

11. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I take it back, only Tachibana is on. Why do they tease me?

blissett repped this.
  12. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    And I was just about to post that in the first case mentioned you have to wonder why she isn't on from the start(but I am biased)

13. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    My second favourite Hiroshima player Tachibana scores a very nice goal with her left foot.

14. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Shimabukuro with great awareness to intercept the ball high up the pitch. I'm really looking forward to watching Hiroshima next season with Masuya on the field. They may be the dark horse.

15. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
  16. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    FT Hiroshima 4-0 Chifure

I can't say much about either game because I was switching between the two but I do think Hiroshima's work rate this game has been ridiculous. It's really hard to imagine they were just celebrating their first ever win at home a few weeks back. Now they have 4 wins out of their last 5 games with their only loss being 2-3 against Kobe.

Edit: I did not know Tachibana was fluent in English... She is answering all her questions in English as some kind of joke.

17. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #1292 Manchester Nadeshiko, May 8, 2022
    Last edited: May 8, 2022
    F.T......Nojima 0 INAC 3

Sunday 8.5.2022...Significant day for womens football

INAC Kobe Leonessa win the first professional league title.

Congratulations to all INAC followers

(I hope the league is a success and there are schoolgirls watching today whose dream of being a professional football player are realised.)

KAPIJXM, blissett, Lechus7 and 2 others repped this.
  18. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    #1293 pierre bezukhov, May 8, 2022
    Last edited: May 8, 2022
    INAC run out very comfortable winners in the end. Congratulations INAC for becoming inaugural WE League champions.

I know the stats show INAC have an impenetrable defence and easily the best defensive record in the league, but if you were watching this game with no knowledge of this information you would probably think that INAC were a little lucky to get away with a clean sheet.

Nojima started well and were making things difficult for INAC, but to concede such an easy goal so early in the game is just unforgiveable. Yes INAC are the better team, but they were very nervous today and the longer INAC went without scoring the more nervous they would have become. That is why that first goal was so disappointing.

Also the midfield were doing all this hard work to turn the ball over and create some good short counter chances, but the forwards were letting them down with some poor choices in front of goal. Maybe the poor choices were down to INAC's incredible defending, but I tend to think it was Nojima's poor decision making. Or they could get a new manager.

Ohga was good in defence and Wakisaka tried hard with Sugita.

Nojima need another really good midfielder. My favourite player Chihiro Ishida probably is not good enough for the WE League, unless she can improve her passing and ball control in tight spaces. I still love watching her because her off the ball work is incredible, but she needs to do more for the team when they have the ball. I would love Yoko to come back, or anybody who is very good at holding onto the ball in tight spaces.

I think you will find that their success started to change once Yanase and Ogawa started playing together in midfield. Nakamura persisted with Shiho Matsubara for far too long in my opinion and I do not think he wanted to drop Kinga, because she is Kinga. Kawashima also going back up on the wing has helped them too.

Hiroshima have a good squad with tremendous depth in midfield and on the wings so Nakamura is spoilt for choice. Most of them will not play for Nadeshiko (Yanase, Nakashima and maybe Ogawa excluded), but he has a lot of good players just below that level. They still need better defenders. They could surprise next year. I hope they do.

Tachibana studied and played football in the US at college.

19. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

We League
    Nojima 0-3 Inac (Tanaka 2, Narumiya)
    Regina (Ueno 2, Matsubara Yuna, Tachibana) 4-0 Chifure
    Albi 0-0 Beleza

Nadeshiko League
    Speranza 0-1 Iga (Shimano)
    Harima (Chiba, Shinbori) 2-0 Orca

Nadeshiko League 2
    NORD (Matsuyama) 1-1 Kibi (Nishimura)
    Shizuoka (Morita, Tsuchiya, Watanabe) 3-2 Anclas (Hayashi, Koyama)
    DR Hiroshima 0-1 Mie (Kuwabara)
    Tsukuba (Okidoi) 1-1 Belle (Nakamura)

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks: although less than at Sawa's or Sameshima's times, I still somehow root for INAC, so I am happy that they won, although I admit it was pretty boring how they didn't get real competition from the rest of the league. Some kind of a "veni, vidi, vici" comeback from Kei Hoshikawa, who confirms being a solid coach. :coffee:

First win of the season for AS Harima Albion (Sonoko Chiba scores again :ninja:): now the only winless-teams in Division 1 are Speranza and Nittaidai. Setagaya are firmly at the top, having only lost their first game, at home, and won all of the subsequent 7 ones, but the situation at the top is made unclear by the fact that Iga have one game in hand and Cerezo even have two.

Shizuoka's (former INAC's) Ayaka Watanabe as a Full-Back/Winger looks like a luxury for Division 2: in fact the duel at the top between them and JFA will most probably define the season.

Given their previous respective records, I would have figured that the clash between the newly promoted teams would have gone to Diavorosso; Veertien Mie Ladies had their first win of the season instead, and it was an away one to boot.
    I find interesting that the name of Kuwahara (Mie's scorer) is Manon: I had never heard it before as a Japanese name. Is it anyway a local, if unusual, name, or does it come from European tradition (as in Giacomo Puccini's Manon Lescaut)?

Meanwhile, Belle faltered for one week with a loss, but they're now back to their usual draw score (5 draws out of 6 games so far :coffee:).

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sassuolo could do nothing to stop Juventus on the day these last ones had the chance to conquer their 5 consecutive Italian title. The match ended 3-1 for the bianconere, who were indeed crowned as the champions. Mana Mihashi played the whole game, while Nanoka Iriguchi just was a late sub at 83'. After being second-placed for a long time at the beginning of the season, Sassuolo could now even lost 4th place, should they lose to Inter next week: a quite sad ending of the season, if it'll happen. :unsure: It looks like our Japanese players (especially Mihashi) anyway had a quite good season.

Highlights:

22. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Congratulations to INAC and its fans for winning the first profesional league in Japan :thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    As much as I love Yamaguchi even I have to concede that Nakashima has been very good for most of the season on the left and deserves her first-team status. All Chihiro can do is be positive and play well when given the opportunity.

If she is willing to head east Nojima could definitely use her on the left.

Japan has a lot of good left-wingers at the moment.

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    All we need are good Left-Backs. :coffee:

pierre bezukhov and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  25. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    There does not appear to be a clear option on the left, which makes me wonder when Nadeshiko will adopt INAC's formation and just play three at the back with deep-lying wingers/wing backs.

Defensively it might make the most sense, especially against physically stronger and faster opponents.