Official 2022 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2022.

1. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I watched Nishio's play for the first time. Yes, she looks good, so may be another candidate for the main FW of U 19; Hamano, Fujino, Shimada, Hijikata, Matsukubo or her?

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  2. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    High School Champs final

F.T.....Hinomoto 0 Kamimura 3... with goals worthy of winning any final
    After last year so glad the game was played in front of a good sized crowd for these girls big day with Sportsbull doing the tried and tested everybody gets a close up and moms in the crowd coverage

(ps I read Ehime FC Ladies have signed one from each squad Ayumi Tagami from Kamimura and Kayori Maeda from Hinomoto)

Ponde_Ringu, blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  3. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    While Minowa is a good player but not so threatening, Aikawa always looked dangerous.

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  4. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Also No8 for Kamimura Sawa Kuroiwa (machine translation) stood out as a good player imo

unepommekun repped this.
  5. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's game:

U18 Championship final
    Cerezo vs Urawa 11:00

6. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member

May 17, 2021
    Apparently I can’t stop spreading false information. Hasegawa is joking from the start of camp.

Iwabuchi on the other hand, was planning on coming back at about the same time but there was a positive covid case on her plane which meant she had to quarantine for 2 weeks. She chose to quarantine in London and play in 2 of their games instead of being quarantined in Japan. It seems I owe JFA an apology.

7. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member

May 17, 2021
    *Joining* :rolleyes:

blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maybe she's joking too, happy to be going to meet again her former Beleza team-mates. :giggle:

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  9. pierre bezukhov

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Former JEF United player Minori Wakabayashi was voted the best player of Taiwan's Mulan League. She apparently plays in midfield for her team Kaohsiung Sunny Bank. I distinctly remember her being a defender at JEF.

I imagine the league is not that strong, but I wonder why more Japanese players do not play there, though there are more playing in the league. Taiwan is a great place.

The link is in Japanese, but I assume at some point there may be an article in English.

https://www.nikkansports.com/soccer/world/news/202201100000109.html

blissett, Ponde_Ringu and unepommekun repped this.
  10. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    High School Championship final highlight:

11. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:
    U8 Championship final
    Cerezo 2-1 Urawa

12. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  13. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It is true, Nakada is 28, only 3 years younger than Sugasawa, so age might be a consideration. But given her performance - oh well, JFA needs to look ahead to the future, not necessarily at the present alone. But if we are playing the age game, is Naomoto still a proper choice? I have to admit that I never paid much attention to her and somehow missed her qualities. And of course I agree with blissett that there are not enough Sharks on the team.

pierre bezukhov and blissett repped this.
  14. logbooth

logbooth Member

Arsenal
    Japan
    Jan 10, 2022
    Hello!! Oh my gosh it finally worked!

Hi everyone, I'm @logbooth on Twitter and have been trying to make an account here for weeks. Really big thanks to @Lechus7 who tried to help me initially and @Ponde_Ringu who got me over this administrative hiccup in the end.

Yay, so happy I can join this thread for discussions about Nadeshiko :))

15. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member

May 17, 2021
    Welcome to the thread :D

logbooth repped this.
  16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    New blood for the thread! :geek: This is a good beginning of 2022! :giggle:

Welcome to our thread, @logbooth. I see an Arsenal crest in your profile: can you give us any insider news about Mana Iwabuchi? ;)

logbooth and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  17. logbooth

logbooth Member

Arsenal
    Japan
    Jan 10, 2022
    Thanks all for the warm welcome! Hmm, nothing new so far I think! Was surprised when the match commentators mentioned that bit about Iwabuchi getting on the plane to Japan but having to u-turn because of the passenger who tested positive; I didn't recall seeing it on any statement or press release by the club :whistling:

Either way, the status quo with covid cases in the WSL isn't very transparent or forthcoming (as compared to the men's teams in the Premier League who name the infected players when they release squad lists) so it's hard to figure out which players in which team have it :cautious: Hopefully all our players from the Nadeshiko stay healthy and in good condition to take on the Asian Cup!

18. pierre bezukhov

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I agree with you. I remember her from her junior days in the national under 20 team that had Naomoto, Shibata and Tanaka. I thought she was a good player, but it felt like she was hyped because of her looks - like quite a few members of that team. But being able to watch her at INAC I actually saw that she was a very good player.

Since moving to Omiya she has been one of the standout players in the league in my opinion. Admittedly she is finding it harder to contribute, because she is being shutdown a lot more quickly now, but still she is contributing. She is technically so good and she brings other players into the game, and she can actually cross the ball with accuracy.

I think if a player has been playing well for a period of time (at least one year) in the league then they should be considered for the national team regardless of their age. In the end they probably think she is not fast enough to play on the wing, but I would take her over Endo at the moment.

Shibata is another player in my opinion who must wonder what she has to do to get into the national team and I believe she has a much stronger claim along with Sugita.

And now for something completely different:

Apparently Nojima have signed Rinko Ushikubo and and Ami Dekimura from Toyo University. I have no idea if they are any good or not.

19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Welcome @logbooth, happy having you here with us and thanks @Ponde_Ringu for all the help in making that happen.
    Exciting month (...and come to think a whole year) lies ahead of us and it should give us a lot to talk about here. :)

Ponde_Ringu and logbooth repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Breaking news: Yuki Nagasato is back in Chicago (to join the partner she's engaged with, she says). :eek:

Chicago Red Stars, despite the latest scandal involving their coach of the last ten years, Rory Dames, who subsequently left the club, should be a more competitive environtment than Racing Louisville, for this final part of Yuki's career.

21. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member

May 17, 2021
    #96 Ponde_Ringu, Jan 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    Some news that may effect our players off the field.

Yogibo has been acquired by a Japanese company. It shouldn't cause too many problems since the league made it's deal with Web-Shark (Yogibo's distributer in Japan) which happens to be the company that owns Yogibo now but still we may see some changes.

This next one isn't as important but I found it interesting.

For the first time in Nadeshiko history, the women's national team will take a Japanese chef with them to cook for them during the Asian Cup. The JFA has sent ingredients to their hotel and the chef (who has been cooking for the men's NT since 2004) will also procure ingredients in India. Apparently his curry and hamburger steaks have a good reputation.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/200f905cc9ee81964f22c35b5db001529dd58797

22. logbooth

logbooth Member

Arsenal
    Japan
    Jan 10, 2022
    This is nice to see; I remember back in 2015 when they didn't even have a nutritionist and natto was the only Japanese food they got to have during the World Cup in Canada... :(

23. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Iwabuchi says in some TV program on Dazn that her most memorable match is vs Barcelona. Barca's football seems to be very shocking for her and she thought it might be what Japan should aim for.

24. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member

May 17, 2021
    #99 Ponde_Ringu, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    Apparently Ikeda tested out a 4-5-1 with Kumagai as holding midfielder. If it were up to me I would've chosen a 4-3-3 over a 4-5-1 because I don't think any forward in the team would be comfortable as a lone striker and we don't have any quick wingers. But anything will do if I can see Kumagai tested in that position in an actual game.

There were plans to play games against a college club today but they got cancelled because of the spread of omicron. They played each other instead. The team is leaving for India tomorrow (15th)

25. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well done editing out my comment regarding Naomoto.