Official 2022 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    blissett and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  2. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    I think Endo.

blissett repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, how to waste a FK from an excellent position. :x3:

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Miyagawa in for Hasegawa at 73'.

6. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    The Spanish do not like Fujino

blissett repped this.
  7. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don’t know why Naomoto was subbed out of two. I thought she was much more influential in the midfield. It looks like Sugita is playing the left wingback.

And now Miyazawa is in for Hasegawa. Sigh.

blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Spain keep conceding FKs to us: they know we're going to waste them. :x3:

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nagano could have done much better than that shot! :x3:

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, come on, you must be joking!!! :x3: That save on the goal-line on Sugita's shot at 87'!

It just won't go in. :(

11. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    International friendly
    F.T....Spain 1 Japan 0

Two friendly games....a goal would have been nice...a single goal

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, deserved or not, we lose another game. :(

When will we score?

Both my teams lose by 1-0: Japan vs Spain and Italy vs Northern Ireland (3rd 1-0 loss in a row for them: Brazil, Austria and now this! :x3:).

13. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Ueki…hope it’s nothing serious.

Japan looked more likely to score for a good portion of that match but both teams quite toothless tbh. Spains goal might’ve been lucky but Tanaka wouldn’t have scored that so they deserve the win.

blissett repped this.
  14. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    She probably come off the pitch wondering if she's just competed in the Womens Rugby World Cup

blissett and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  15. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Ikeda not letting me down in my predictions since he got that job. I feel like I am an expert in Women's football right now, thnx to him.

I should check again what's Japanese World Cup group looks like. I think I am ready for another prediction already ))

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maybe Spain deserved the win, but you would have sure deserved an equalizer for staying up watching the full game! :notworthy:

Sorry for you (and for me, even if it's just 22:00 here in Italy :x3:).

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  17. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    We can see they were giving all and working hard, but that is it. At any point in the match, we actually controlled the game with possession. We are able to win the ball back a lot (I'm sure it's due to the strength of this Spanish side), so we had the ball a lot but so frantic all the time.

If you watch 90 minutes instead of highlights, please follow Hayashi and tell me what she actually offers - this is exactly the same performance I see in the WSL. She doesn't lose the ball because she hardly ever touches the ball. When she has the ball, she doesn't make the pass that breaks the line - just sideways or backward. When she makes slightly longer than short passes, they find no one. Can't tackle, can't press. She never affects the game. A complete passenger.

Anyways, I really don't want to pick on her but just frustrates me watching her play 90 minutes. Especially her partner Naomoto was making a lot more impact. Maybe some say that's just different roles they play, and Hayashi is just keeping the balance positional-wise or whatever. Sakaguchi used to play the role while Sawa was a more dynamic one, but she was always involved - either receiving the ball from the back-four or being a part of the pressing pack as well as quality on the ball. I know you can't compare to someone like Sakaguchi but just wondering what Hayashi's role is supposed to be...

I don't know if this 5-back is experimental or if Ikeda is seriously thinking about it going forward, I guess it wasn't that bad in these two matches. Not sure where the goals are coming from, but at least it might help to contain the strong side a bit - we're not good enough to dominate possession anyway.

The positive for me is that I thought Naomoto looked much better than I thought she would be, but again it could be just due to the opposition - against the first team, I can't see her winning so many duels. But she did what she can against the opposition in front of her.

And you have to say Fujino did very well for the whole 90 minutes. I didn't think she was that special in U20, but I thought she actually looked better in the senior squad.

18. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    The trick is to stop expecting goals when watching Nadeshiko. :giggle: Really wasn't too frustrated and went to bed pretty happy.

blissett repped this.
  19. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Naomoto has been the core of Urawa's strong attacking football from last season, and there has been one more special talent for it, but she has never played in these games.:( I have been often furious about Sugasawa's goals from Hikaru's passes or FKs and when Seike went through oppositions' DFs very easily because I didn't like that team so much.:p
    I have known Fujino is one of the strongest shooters in Japan, but I didn't recognize she also can send killer passes for another FW.

Ponde_Ringu, hirohiro and blissett repped this.
  20. Elstree

Elstree Member

Iga FC
    Jul 21, 2022
    Nadeshiko Replacement

According to this Belle fan, after 2 rounds played, Viama, Fujizakura and Belle are in and D Izumo are out.

Bell's victory today has decided Bell's stay and Yamanashi's promotion! Congratulations to both teams According to Article 5 (2) ①. Izumo has lost to Bell and Yamanashi, and even if Izumo wins in Round 3 and is on par with either team on points, the two teams will not be able to surpass each other on points.

Article 5.
    (1) Each match shall last 90 minutes (45 minutes each for the first and second halves).
    (2) At the end of all matches, the team with the highest total number of points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a loss) shall be ranked higher.
    (3) The team with the highest total number of points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a loss) shall be ranked higher. However, if the number of points won is the same, the winner shall be decided in the following order
    (1) The winner shall be decided in the following order.
    (i) The number of points won in matches played between teams with the same number of points won.
    (ii) goal difference in matches played between teams with the same number of points won
    (iii) The number of points scored in matches played between teams with the same number of points won.
    If the ranking cannot be determined after applying (i) to (iii), (i) to (iii) shall be applied again only to the direct confrontation between the teams concerned to determine the final ranking.
    The final ranking shall be decided by applying (1) to (3) again only to the direct confrontation between the teams concerned. If this procedure does not result in a decision, steps (iv) to (vi) shall be applied.
    (iv) Total goal difference in the round-robin
    (v) Total number of goals scored in the round-robin
    ⑥ The team with the lower point total based on the following
    A) One point for each warning
    B) 3 points for each ejection due to two warnings
    C) 3 points for each sending off

Translated with DeepL

http://www.nadeshikoleague.jp/pdf/policy_rule/guideline04.pdf

unepommekun repped this.
  21. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I have only seen the highlights, but it looked like Nadeshiko created the better chances. I have no idea what team Spain put out, but if that is going to be part of the team that goes to the world cup then Nadeshiko should feel encouraged. But Spain demolished Argentina and beat the Americans, so who knows where they are at?

Spain defended desperately, but at times Nadeshiko's finishing really let them down, as always. However, I liked some of the free-kicks taken by Nadeshiko and they are obviously experiementing quite a bit at training. I just hope on of them works.

I am as perplexed by Ikeda's preference for Hayashi as you are, but he obviously rates her. I think she is a good player, but is she better than Shibata? Kinoshita? No way in my opinion. The goal as well is pretty much on her.

I have said this before, but I hope that whoever coaches Nadeshiko next comes from outside the JFA youth system, because the coaches tend to play favourites a bit too much.

I think he will stick with it for the world cup, despite not really having a really good right wing-back. Shimizu is not a wing back. I would prefer her playing in the back three.

I am also not convinced by Endo at left wing-back either. She is great going forward, but defensively she does strange things. Sugita should probably play there, but I would prefer her in the centre of the pitch. Can we get two of her?

Naomoto has been one of the best players in the WE League over the last year. Something happened about a year ago and her work rate really improved and along with it her football.

It looks like Nadeshiko are going to miss Chiba. She is a very interesting striker. If they had a forward who did not freeze when they have time on the ball they might actually worry teams more.

blissett, hirohiro, Ponde_Ringu and 2 others repped this.
  22. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Yes, she might be the last piece Japan wants, and Tanikawa could add some weapon Japan currently lacks in the near future.

blissett and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  23. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Glad to hear Naomoto has been playing well. I think it showed that she is in good form. It's just her decision-making... There was only one long-range shot by her this time, but that was ridiculous... Yes, and her work rate was really impressive.

Yes, I noticed that during the U20 tournament - there were a couple of shots that made me think 'oh she looks different. But I felt I didn't see anything else in that tournament - to be honest, the whole team didn't play well apart from one game, so it wasn't fair to judge from only that tournament. Indeed, I was surprised by her performance last night - very composed on the ball, with good decision-making, and also very good off the ball. We didn't get to see her much in the final third but no one really did anything in the final third.

24. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Ikeda's comment after the game

We went into the game against Spain three days after the England game, and we had a lot of things to sort out in defense. In the first half, we conceded a goal at the beginning because we were ball watching. In the second half, we decided who the first defender would be and increased the defensive pressure. However, it is true that we cannot win without scoring goals, so we must continue to pursue greater precision and chemistry. We must continue to improve this aspect of our game in preparation for the World Cup.

During October and November, we aimed to broaden our own capabilities in order to be able to respond to different opponents and situations in the tournament by increasing our options in the way we play. I believe that what we tried in these four games will lead to our own growth. The meaning of playing with three backs is to press forward and win the ball in the opponent's camp. Of course, we need to make decisions depending on the time of the game, but I think the players got a good feel for how to press in the second half and the continuity of the press today. In attack, we would like to improve our precision by increasing the number of players, ideas, variations, and involvement.

Although we are playing in the same group in the World Cup, we were not thinking about what we can do next year, but rather what we can improve from the England game against the opponent in today's match. However, as a team, if we give the opponent even a little freedom, as we did in the first half, they will move the ball, and they will organize their attacks relentlessly. I felt that Spain has the technical ability to play high quality football, no matter who is on the field.

25. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Can Ikeda now finally give up on Mina Tanaka? She might be good against very weak teams, but fails against real competition.