Official 2022 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Welcome to 2022 Nadeshiko Japan Thread, guys.

We learnt in these last two years not to make too many long-term plans, since our sight can't really embrace the span of a whole year of pandemic evolution.

Let's set our eyes to the immediate future, then. In less than a month, barring new emergencies, AFC Asian Cup 2022 should be the first test for our new NT coach Futoshi Ikeda and his team: so far we barely had a gimpse of his plans, so let's see if, at least at the dimension of the Asian scene, they can work and Japan can keep being a regional (continental) powerhouse (for what it's worth, since Asia has become quite marginal on the women's football's world stage in the latest years... :unsure:).

At club level, this would normally be a time of evaluation of the past season, but things have changed: not only we're in the middle of WE League's season, but even Empress' Cup is still far from its conclusion, since semifinals and final will be scattered between now an the end of February! :eek: Thus, it doesn't make much sense that I post here the seasonal scorers' chart, as I used to do in the first days of January in past years: I'll move that feature to the actual end of the season, since it looks like we transitioned from a summer league to a winter league (maybe to align with most European leagues? :cautious:).

I am aware that having someone telling his own dreams isn't normally very exciting, but I had a dream tonight involving Nadeshiko Japan, so I'll share it with you anyway, guys. :p I was following the highlights of a Nadeshiko Japan's game while already knowing the score, that was a 1-2 loss. The typical dreamlike feature was that it was a NT game but the players were actually wearing their club kits: so Ueki scored Japan's early goal in a Beleza's full-green (I'd bet that the one playing in my dreams was the film of one of the latest goals she scored in the Empress' Cup, although she was probably wearing the white kit there :p); Saki Kumagai (who was stretchered out after an horrific injury: it's a good thing that I don't believe in premonitory dreams :x3:) was wearing an OL jersey (my brain probably didn't register yet that she signed for Bayern, after so many years of identifying her with an OL player! :laugh:); some other players (the unidentified one who made the cross for Ueki's goal, for instance) were actually wearing costumes from Japanese Anime series, like a suit that was a sort of mix between Captain Harlock's cloak and the coat of Lady Oscar from The Rose of Versailles! :p
    I was waiting to see the end of highlights, figuring that Japan had probably taken the two goals in the last minutes of the game, since they were still ahead by 1-0 very far into the video, but before that could happen... I woke up! :giggle:

Even if I claimed that I don't believe in premonitory dreams, I can still extract a good omen from my dream: I see it as a sign of a quite pessimistic view, from my part, of Nadeshiko Japan's chances in the months ahead (thus the consciousness of the fact that I was watching the highlights of a 1-2 loss), but the fact that I couldn't actually see the goals against Japan before the end of the dream, and that Japan kept clinging to that measly 1-0 win until the end of it, could mean that it's worth gritting our teeth and trying to believe in it. :) Japan is no longer as strong as it was in the early years of the last decade and will have to work much more than before to get any positive result, but they can still do something and give us some joy.

Even more than the actual wins, I hope we can get back to see that particular style of play that made most of us, posting on this thread, fall in love with the team. :inlove:

KAPIJXM, Lechus7, #5nadeshikofan and 4 others repped this.
  2. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, happy new year everyone and welcome to the new thread :)

3. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

High School championship tournament first round (10:30, 13:45)

KAPIJXM, Lechus7, Ponde_Ringu and 2 others repped this.
  4. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    30th Annual Cheers and Tears Tournament

F.T....Hinomoto 1 Maebashi Ikuei 0

Excellent game

(how cynical of Sportsbull to charge to watch recorded games as I'm guessing those might likely to want to watch schoolgirls football are probably schoolgirls)

unepommekun repped this.
  5. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

High School Championship first round
    Fujieda 1-0 Chikuyo
    Tokiwagi 2-0 Hiroshima Bunkyo
    Yanagigaura 2-4 Kyoto Seika
    Teikyo Nagaoka 1-7 Tokaidai Fukuoka
    Teikyo Daisan 1-3 AICJ
    Gyosei Kokusai 2-2 (PK 5-4) Tokoha Tachibana
    Ottemon 3-2 Ohtani Muroran
    St. Capitanio 2-0 Naruto Uzushio
    Kaishi Gakuen 1-2 Seisa Shonan
    Hkkaido Bunkyodai Fuzoku 0-1 Kagawa Nishi
    Seiwa Gakuen 0-1 Kamimura
    Nippon Koku 0-1 Ohsaka Gakugei
    Sakuyo 3-0 Senshu Kitagami
    Kashima Gakuen 2-1 Himeji Jyogakuin
    Maebashi Ikuei 0-1 Hinomoto
    Fukui Kodai Fuzoku 1-3 Shutoku

6. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

High School Championship second round (10:30,13:45)
    U18 Championship first round (11:00, 13:30)

7. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    The JFA has decided to give Menina a few exceptions for the U-18 tournament to “prevent over exhaustion of youth players due to traveling long distances between games”

-They will be allowed to register an additional 9 players for the tournament

-The newly registered players can only play in the first and second rounds of the tournament.

-The newly registered players will not be allowed to play in the semi-final and final. Those games must be played by players who were originally registered.

-Players registered for the Empress Cup semi-finale will not be allowed to register for the first and second rounds of the U18 tournament.

https://t.co/FJGnRwPjeP

Lechus7, KAPIJXM, #5nadeshikofan and 4 others repped this.
  8. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    You usually post your 'ones to watch' every tournament??

9. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I don't know which team is the strongest this year.
    Kamimura got the title of summer inter high school tournament.
    Fujieda is always the favorite.
    Hinomoto, Tokiwagi and Seisa Shonan got the title and Sakuyo and Shutoku became the finalists recent years.
    The most unexpected outcome of the first round would be the Fukuoka's victory.

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  10. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    H.T.
    I selected the game of Fukuoka who scored 7 goals in the first round, but AICJ leads the game 2-0, I'm a little bit surprised that it is a very organized and talented team.

11. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Kashima v Hinomoto will not live stream

Watching... Osaka v Sakuyo

edit...10 min.....Hinomoto pictures back

12. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    H.T.....Kashima 0 Hinomoto 0..... very competative

13. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    F.T.....Kashima 0 Hinomoto 2

Good game.....Great individual goal from No 11 on 81 mins.....Hinomoto skipper No 7 caught the eye again.....Feel like they will have to create more goal scoring opportunities if the are going to go further but good win.

blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  14. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Hinomoto No 7 Minowa is going to Inac.

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  15. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

High School Championship second round
    Fujieda 2-0 Gyosei
    Ottemon 0-0 (PK 5-4) St.Capitanio
    Tokiwagi 3-0 Kyoto Seika
    Tokaidai Fukuoka 0-3 AICJ
    Ohsaka Gakugei 2-0 Sakuyo
    Kashima 0-2 Hinomoto
    Shutoku 0-0 (PK 3-1) Seisa Shonan
    Kagawa Nishi 2-3 Kamimura

U18 Championship first round
    Menina 2-2 (PK 5-3) Ohita Trinita :p
    In fact, Menina's members are U15.
    Solfiore Sakuyo 0-6 Cerezo
    Kawagoe Menina 0-1 Albi
    Club Fields Linda 0-6 Sfida Setagaya
    Nojima 8-0 Fukuyama Rosas
    Inac 8-0 Shimizu
    Urawa 1-0 Ehime Mikan
    Mynavi 6-1 Anclas

16. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    AICJ's most members won the title off all Japan futsal tournament, so it's not so wonder that their technique is superb. They could be the dark horse of this tournament.
    Impressive players are #24 Umezu and #20 Kuwahara.

17. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Ohsaka Gakugei is another technical team, but might lack physical strength somehow.

18. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    [​IMG]

19. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Empress's Cup semifinal
    Urawa vs Cerezo 16:00
    Jef vs Menina 19:00

20. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Any way of getting to watch them?

21. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    They are being shown on BS1, but I do not know how you can watch them online.

Urawa just scored through a pretty harsh penalty on Cerezo in my opinion. I have only just started watching it.

But the JEF/Menina game is definitely on BS1 from 1900.

22. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    The first five minutes JEF did not touch the ball. They get a throw in and score. I think Kamogawa scored the goal.

23. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

High School Championship quarter final
    Shutoku vs Kamimura 10:30
    Tokiwagi vs AICJ 10:30
    Fujieda vs Ottemon 13:45
    Ohsaka Gakugei vs Hinomoto 13:45

U 18 Championship quarter final
    Albi vs Setagaya 11:00
    Menina vs Cerezo 11:00
    Nojima vs Inac 13:30
    Urawa vs Mynavi 13:30

24. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    They are interviewing the JEF manager at half time! During the broadcast I learnt that the manager of Menina is only 29.

The game is going pretty much as I expected. Menina have most of the possession, but the possession at times has been all in JEF's half. Still there is some nice football being played. Menina have created a few chances but nothing too problematic for the JEF. It could change in the second half.

But JEF are very well organized. I think JEF could use the ball a little bit better, but they are not rushing things too much when they get the ball.

25. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Menina have started the second half very well and are playing much better. Their possession has been a lot more dangerous. they look like they might score, but I do not know how long they can keep it up before they get tired.