Official: 2021 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ragbone, Nov 5, 2020.

1. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Same size as Messi...lol

2. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

Take care of him, Marcelo!

3. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  4. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So CoG. Is it United or City?

TrickHog repped this.
  5. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    He corrected later, it's City.

ragbone and TrickHog repped this.
  6. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    My 2 cents on Sapong— I feel there’s real value to having MLS vets in a squad, especially a squad that lacks leadership.

I doubt he would start very many games, but he might be someone our younger guys can look up to and learn from.

We haven’t been great at exploiting the FA market nor have we done well at trading for players in the league (probably cause no one wants our trash).

I guess what I’m saying is that I would prefer a 28-32 year old proven MLS player than some dude who played for a random European team for a few seasons.

hav77, TrickHog, JPAR and 3 others repped this.
  7. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are not wrong. But isn't that the thinking that brought us Perry Kitchen?

hav77 and 73Bruin repped this.
  8. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    We have a pretty decent record signing free agents : Magee was good in 2016, Pontius and Kljestan have been serviceable, only Larentowicz was a little bit disappointing given how good he was with Atlanta later.

The only blockbuster trade we made was Zardes and AM for Kamara, and Ola had a solid season for us. The problem was the vision behind this trade, it made no sense to sign Zlatan a few weeks after moving heaven and earth to get a proven striker in this League.

So I agree with your overall statement : we should look more inside the League. I dream of a trade bringing a proven CB like the recent trades of Zimmerman, Parker, Opara...

And speaking of Perry Kitchen, to me it's a mistery he didn't work in LA. He was so important and so good in DC, it seems it's not the same player constantly behind the play we've seen the past three seasons.

9. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I know. I was calling attention to the gaff in an obnoxious way, which is my wont.

LEM-LAG and TrickHog repped this.
  10. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playing in Europe before coming to us messed him all up.

2in10 repped this.
  11. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Fabian Johnson reportedly wants to come to the MLS. Would mind dumping Feltscher and having Johnson as an option. He is very injury prone, but he can play RW, LW, LB, and RB.

Might be worth looking into and seeing how much he'd want. I'd rather have him as a depth.

12. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yeah absolutely, and he hasn’t been the player we hoped he would be, but I still think we can find some success we’ve proven players.

The bad part is that Klein and DtK haven’t proven to have a good eye for talent like Bruce does (he has the Revs winning again..)

hav77, skydog, JPAR and 3 others repped this.
  13. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And if they can’t spot talent, doesn’t much matter where they look. ;(

shelbo, 73Bruin, hav77 and 6 others repped this.
  14. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    To me it's a mistery he hasn't signed in MLS yet. He probably asked for a big salary and MLS teams can't afford him (like Yedlin last summer, probably Danny Williams too).

He would require to go through the allocation order so maybe we would have to move up (we'll have the 8th selection next year). Soon to be 33, hasn't played since February, injury prone, probably won't come cheap, it seems very risky for a starter and too costly for a backup. And I love the player.

A few names who could pop up in the next few weeks for the Galaxy :

- Kevin Dawson (28 years old) : starting keeper for Uruguayan club Penarol, his contracts ends next month, and more importantly, we were linked with him last year. Still young, beloved by the fans of his club, I won't be surprised to see his name be linked with us again.
    - Kemar Lawrence (28) : signed for Anderlecht one year ago and didn't play a lot there. He has stated he wanted to come back to MLS and was close to sign with Cincinnati last summer. Would go through the allocation order so we would have to move up, and his salary would be substantial, but in our situation how could you refuse a defensive force, proven in MLS, in his prime? That would be the blockbluster signing I was talking about.
    - Aron Johannsson (30) : he recently said he'll leave Hammarby next year. I made the link because AEG also owns them. Would require a change of system to play with Chicha (but why not?), won't come cheap but wouldn't go through allocation order.

73Bruin, MPNumber9, ProudNatRN and 6 others repped this.
  15. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johansson wouldn’t go through the allocation order? You sure? He’s got something close to 20 caps with the USMNT though none for the past several years.

16. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    73Bruin, mbar, MPNumber9 and 6 others repped this.
  17. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Today is the deadline of something, right? Extending contracts?

I’m curious to see who will be let go.

2in10, TrickHog and LEM-LAG repped this.
  18. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    The deadline for making bona fide offers and exercising any options was 10 am local time today. The league leaves it to the team to publicize those actions, so we don't really know when we'll hear about them, but the news will trickle out once the players are notified.

If we can read between the lines on Rolf Feltscher's instagram, it looks like he found out he was being let go yesterday:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIMS7NbJOW3/

hav77, TrickHog and Beirut repped this.
  19. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    “Freedom”? If this is indeed his way of announcing he is leaving then that is a pretty big indictment of both him and our organization. Sounds too much like “Yay, I’m getting away from you guys!” Or maybe I’m just misinterpreting.

MPNumber9 and TrickHog repped this.
  20. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freedom to lift weights full time and not treat his body the way a professional soccer player should.

2in10 and hav77 repped this.
  21. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    #96 LEM-LAG, Nov 30, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Official : https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2020/11/30/la-galaxy-announce-2020-roster-decisions

Options exercised for Vom Steeg, Koreniuk, Traore, Zubak. Kljestan has a new contract.

Options declined : Corona, Insua, Yony, Cuello, Klinsmann, Wild.

Out of contract : Bingham, Kitchen, Feltscher.

BUT the club remains in negotiations with Corona, Insua, Klinsmann, Feltscher, Bingham and Kitchen.

Club still in negotiations with Pavon and Harvey's clubs.

So basically : Cuello, Yony and Wild are gone. The rest? We don't know.

ProudNatRN, MPNumber9, Baysider and 4 others repped this.
  22. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Overall I like the names who stay (I believe in Traore and Koreniuk), and I was not a fan of Yony so I'm OK to see him gone.

Re-negotating Corona's contract would be a good thing. I'm OK to keep Feltscher as depth too.

But I hate the perspective of keeping Bingham, Kitchen and Insua. That would probably mean 0 upgrade there.

So far so good but it depends a lot of who will sign new contracts with the club.

ProudNatRN, MPNumber9, Beirut and 2 others repped this.
  23. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    The following players remain under contract for the 2021 MLS Season: goalkeeper Eric Lopez, defender Nick DePuy, defender Daniel Steres, defender Julian Araujo, defender Danilo Acosta, defender Giancarlo Gonzalez, midfielder Jonathan dos Santos, midfielder Sebastian Lletget, midfielder Efrain Alvarez, midfielder Jonathan Perez, forward Cameron Dunbar and forward Javier Hernandez. Plus, Vom Steeg, Traore, Korniuk, Zubak and Kljestan.

So, 17 players currently with as many as 8 more players possible from this year, including Pavon and Harvey, and they have the expansion draft on Dec. 15. Plus, Perez likely needs another year at GII. With the six likely on reduced wages if they return at all, that leaves lots of room for a rebuild, both budget and roster space-wise.

ProudNatRN, TrickHog and hav77 repped this.
  24. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I remember hearing that Wild had a big future. I thought he looked good in the one game he played.

TrickHog repped this.
  25. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why the hell are we re-negotiating with Perry Kitchen?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY