Official: 2021 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ragbone, Nov 5, 2020.

1. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    What is the basis for hoping the Galaxy will be able to sign JDS to a TAM contract? I can't find an expiration date for his current contract and IIRC, COG reported that it was their understanding that he had some sort of agreement to automatically re-extend his current DP contract.

Beirut and TrickHog repped this.
  2. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I think it was originally based on the idea that the growth in the max salary plus the rise of TAM would mean his contract would soon be in the range of contracts where a buy down to non-DP was feasible. Not sure if that’s the case anymore, especially with the revisions of the CBA because of the pandemic

73Bruin, TrickHog, Berks and 2 others repped this.
  3. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that Pavon is gone and that's why we are seeing all the rumors about Mesut Ozil coming to the Galaxy. It appears they are looking for an attacking midfielder to pair up with Chicharito.

TrickHog repped this.
  4. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think there is a good chance Pavon stays. He is a known quantity, played every minute this year, but most importantly, Boca has serious money issues. According to COG if Pavon goes back to BOCA he gets a pay raise, I don't think they can afford him, and in a Pandemic it's not easy to trade him to someone besides the Galaxy. Ozil would be a disaster here, the last thing we need is another attacking midfielder who is known for not playing defense.

On JDS, COG is saying they may try and extend his contract but make him a TAM player as a way to get him under the DP threshold. They think he has 1 year left on his current deal.

73Bruin, TrickHog and MPNumber9 repped this.
  5. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't mind adding Dunbar to your bench list since in the hot minute we saw him, he appeared to do some good work.

Beirut, 73Bruin, The Cadaver and 3 others repped this.
  6. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just don't see it that way. Even with Pavon as a known quantity, the Galaxy don't want to pay a $10M transfer fee with coming off a COVID financial disastrous year, in addition too having paid such a high transfer fee for Chicharito. Especially when a player such as Ozil available on a free transfer.

7. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm not sure the Galaxy can afford NOT to do it (and I think DTK will negotiate that $10 mil down to 5 or 6, BOCA is not in a strong position).

If they get Ozil and he flops, I mean he hasn't played much in the last 18 months, I don't know that the Galaxy survives that in terms of ticket sales (and DTK will be gone, but not Klein, because he has 9 lives). Klein et al need a sure thing, and Pavon is it.

8. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, forgot him. I agree.

9. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again I don't see Boca wanting less than 10M. It is known Boca is currently asking 20M. I don't understand why you believe Boca is not in a strong position. They can simply wait till the next transfer window and triple their price with a European club.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....e-reportedly-imminent-latest-rumours.amp.html

10. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    This of course assumes that his current contract does not have a meaningful salary escalation clause, which I find unlikely.

12. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    JPAR repped this.
  13. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DTK's been firm that they like Pavon and he himself wants to stay here. It's been reported that Pavon sees going back to Boca as a step backwards. I think we will try to make it happen for the right price.

JPAR and LEM-LAG repped this.
  14. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That article is from January 2018! The transfer market has tanked in this Pandemic, no European club currently seems to have interest in him.

From DTK this week "“Cristian’s intentions are very solid on staying here," te Kloese said. "It speaks for itself that the club are happy with his performance. When the deal was done… the transfer market and everything around international transfers has changed dramatically. Hopefully we’ll find a good solution in the upcoming weeks.” COG has a lot to say about this.

There just isn't a whole lot of transfers going on this year. Everyone, including Europe, is for the most part sitting on their hands.

Either way, it gives us something to talk about besides another nigthmare Galaxy season. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

TrickHog, 73Bruin and hav77 repped this.
  15. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    After listening to the last COG podcast, I updated the end of contract for the following players :

2020 : Bingham, Kitchen, Feltscher, Corona, Kljestan (last two have an option). End of loan for Pavon, Yony Gonzalez and Harvey.
    2021 : Pipo Gonzalez.
    2022 : Chicharito.

Lletget and Steres signed extensions at the beginning of the season so they probably have contracts through at least 2021.

On Insua, they don't know, they "imagine" he has a two year contract (maybe three), which is contradictory to Transfermarkt who say his contract ends next month (and they were right on Pipo).

On Pipo, they also stated that Alajuelense was indeed interested, but he makes too much money (surprise!) so it doesn't sound feasible.

ProudNatRN, MPNumber9, JPAR and 2 others repped this.
  16. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Apparently Modric is coming to us once his year is done with Real Madrid.

kaburu, 73Bruin and hav77 repped this.
  18. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Isn't he like 35 years old? Can he keep up? I haven't watched him play recently, so I can't judge, but I hope this isn't a Klein 3 year deal

hav77 repped this.
  19. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    It looks like an random european rumor, as we have a dozen of these every offseason. It seems there is not a lot behind this one, like the Ozil rumor.

JPAR, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  20. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I thought that Modric was spectacular at the 2018 World Cup and thought that a 3 year contract for the 19/20 and 21 seasons made sense, not that the Galaxy could afford the transfer fee then, especially with Zlatan up front.. But starting a 3 year contract in July of 2021, seems almost a Gerrard like gamble. As JPAR pointed out, he would be 36 before the 2021 playoffs. Real Madrid is supposedly offering him a one year contract extension which is probably more attractive since he supposedly wants to retire there.

MPNumber9, TrickHog and hav77 repped this.
  21. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MPNumber9 repped this.
  22. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Thank you for making my day.

WarGalaxy, shelbo, MPNumber9 and 2 others repped this.
  24. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    during that 7 game winless streak, all I could think was, “God, Gio would be trying so HARD right now.”

Beakmon FC, Berks, JPAR and 4 others repped this.
  25. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wondering if Dennis te Kloese is working on re-creating the Mexico 2018 World Cup team with the possibility of naming Javier Aquirre as Manager with Chicharito, Jona Dos Santos and Giovanni Dos Santos as the center of the building blocks for the club.