Official 2021 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomoko - Momoko :p

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    fangbat repped this.
  3. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Thank you for the correction.
    Looking at those got me thinking if I will ever be able to see Nadeshiko Japan in the flesh (so to speak) ever again.....We live in strange times.
    Off topic...
    Please be careful everyone.... Covid doesn't care who you are or where you come from...So many deaths.

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    @Manchester Nadeshiko, I predict that we're going to meet again at a stadium (in flesh, not just in spirit) to watch a Nadeshiko Japan game as we did in Parchal in 2017, when all this will have ended! It's a promise. :)

5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Dang again...:sleep::laugh:

unepommekun repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lechus7 repped this.
  7. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    #208 unepommekun, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    Transfer info:
    Matsubara Shiho (Albi - Sanfre)

This means sisters are united.

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tomorrow, Milan AC will play a Coppa Italia (national cup) match vs Sassuolo, but this article on the very reliable local website "calcio femminile italiano" says that newly signed Hasegawa won't be part of the roster yet (not sure why, but probably she's not cleared yet to debut: maybe she's still quarantining after coming from Japan? :cautious:).

Lechus7 and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  9. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Beleza......Kobayashi signs new contract......good news for viewers of goal scorers

fangbat, unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Article about Hasegawa:

1355194125369409538 is not a valid tweet id

11. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    For the opponent Sassuolo (which is third behind Juventus and AC Milan in Serie A) Mana Mihashi appears to play all games. Can you give some more insights on her?

12. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Great news Beleza fans!

We just Re-Signed Iwashimizu (50 years old, oh actually 34 I think) who haven't played for 2 years, Doko who was out whole last season and Kurosawa, our future starting Goalkeeper who you might remember for scoring own goal in the last game of last season, costing us possible 2nd place in the league!

Let me remind you who we lost in those past 2 seasons.

Mina Tanaka - 1 of 2 best CF strikers in this league. Yuka Momiki - 1 of the best creative players in Japan. Yamashita - THE BEST GOALKEEPER in Japan. Miyazawa - 1 of the best young players in Japan and Hasegawa. Hasegawa is Hasegawa.

Who we signed:

Kitamura Nanami...

Love this transfer campaign, absolutely love it!

unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #214 blissett, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    I am sorry that I don't think I can give as much insight as one could expect, given the fact that I am Italian and I live in the North of Italy. The fact is that, as I repeatedly said in the past, I actually don't follow much Italian women's league (of course this will change now that Milan AC signed Hasegawa :geek:): not only I follow Nadeshiko League much more than Serie A Femminile, but there are other leagues from overseas (or Women's Champions' League matches) that I follow more closely than my country's league.

Anyway, what I can tell you is that Sassuolo is one of the most "modern" and "progressive" football clubs here in Italy, both in men's and women's football (the women's coach mentions that there is a lot of sinergy with the men's team) and I guess it's an ideal environment for a Japanese player (also because the region where the team is located, Emilia-Romagna, is known for its friendly people and its delicious food... oh well, true for a lot of other parts of Italy, actually :p).

I can't really say that I know much about Mana Mihashi career in Japan (maybe @unepommekun can help here), but, as you rightfully noticed, since she joined Sassuolo she's a regular starter and she mostly play the whole 90', a sign that the coach has to consider her fully dependable. Although she's listed as a DF, both in the roster and in the weekly line-ups, she often happens to show in offense (not sure if mainly with header from set pieces: I didn't actually follow Sassuolo's matches this season) and I have read that she sometimes takes set pieces also (this is often one of Japanese players' features when they play overseas: they're normally so technical that they're easy given, occasionally or permanently, the set pieces duty).

I found a funny interview to Mana Mihashi after a match from October 17th of 2020, when Sassuolo beat Florentia by 3-0 and Mihashi won a PK for her team leading to 1st goal and scored the 2nd goal with an header.
    You can listen to her in the first minute of the video below; her Italian is very slow and funny, but mostly correct: she gives herself a grade of just 3,5 out of 10 in Italian, but 10 out of 10 in Sicilian (the local vernacular from Sicily, a region in the South of Italy), because her team-mate Maria Luisa Filangeri, who took the duty of teaching Italian to her, is from Sicily and tends to teach her Siciliano instead of actual Italian. :giggle:

Apart from this, she says the usual things that you would expect from a Japanese player: that she dedicates the goal to the team, that she hopes to get better... usual things indeed, just said in Italian instead of in Japanese. :p

https://www.sassuolocalcio.it/sassuolochannel/?video_id=0_44ocp2m5

[​IMG]

KAPIJXM, datschge and unepommekun repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Do you remember about Yuuka Kurosaki, the Japanese player I had mentioned here two years ago, who was playing for the Kentucky University team in USA? According to the Women's College thread, she's headed back to Japan, after having played for Oklahoma University also:

Here are her stats from her stint in USA.

[​IMG]

15. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Mmm, the European invasion continues.

1356529703427985412 is not a valid tweet id

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Told you so, @Twistal: apparently INAC are dismantling too.

17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Only 18 spots in NT roster for Olympics...competition is getting fierce. Good.

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ...and let's hope Olympics actually take place!

But I agree: with Nadeshiko Japan withdrawing from SheBelieves Cup, you can feel a sense of urgency from top NT players who need to confront with international competition at least at club level, if they can't do it at NT level at the moment.

19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    unepommekun, datschge and blissett repped this.
  20. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Small summary.

USA - NWSL

Yuka Momiki (OL Reign -> Linkoping FC(loan) -> OL Reign)
    Kumi Yokoyama (Washington Spirit)
    Saori Takarada (Cerezo Osaka Sakai -> Washington Spirit)
    Nahomi Kawasumi (INAC Kobe(loan) -> Sky Blue FC)
    Yuki Nagasato (Chicago Red Stars -> Hayabusa Eleven(loan) -> Racing Louisville)

EUROPE

Division 1 Feminine (FRA)

Saki Kumagai (Olympic Lyon)

FA WSL (ENG)

Mana Iwabuchi (INAC Kobe -> Aston Villa)

Damallsvenskan (SWE)

Honoka Hayashi (Cerezo Osaka Sakai -> AIK Fotball)

Primera Division* (ESP)

Honoka Yonei (SD Eibar)
    Maya Yamamoto (Espanyol)
    Yoko Tanaka (Sporting Huelva)

*REEF and JFA have mutual agreement of cooperation, Japanese are also playing in Segunda Divison (a dozen? I'll check later)

Serie A (ITA)

Yui Hasegawa (NTV Beleza -> AC Milan)
    Mana Mihanashi (Sassuolo)
    Shino Kunisawa (San Marino Academy)

Frauen Bundesliga (GER)

Mina Tanaka (INAC Kobe Leonessa -> Bayer Leverkusen(loan))

ASIA

W-League (AUS)

Chinatsu Kira (Urawa Reds -> Melbourne City)

WK-League (KOR)

Sawako Yasumoto (MyNavi Vegalta -> Suwon WFC)
    Naoko Sakuramoto (Nojima Stella Kangawa -> Suwon WFC)
    Mebae Tanaka (Nojima Stella Kanagawa -> Suwon WFC)
    Nanase Kiryu (Changnyeong WFC)
    Aya Shimojo (Changnyeong WFC)
    Asuna Tanaka (Gyeongju KHNP WFC)
    Natsuki Yoshimi (Hwacheon KSPO WFC)
    Fumina Katsurama (Hwacheon KSPO WFC)

KAPIJXM, fangbat, Dernhelm and 5 others repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not just a "small summary", but an excellent recap: thumbs up! :thumbsup:

Some observations or questions:

Does anyone know what's her situation, after the injury she had picked up in her first match in Sweden? Did she completely recover from it? (Could be important in an Olympic perspective also, of course).

There are rumours that OL-Reign could get some players from the OL mothership, if the Covid situation gets at least a little better in the spring: on the US and French boards the names of Bouhaddi, Maroszan or Renard have been made by people with some insight of the situation.
    Of course if would be good for Momiki to play alongside such top-level players of the women's game.

Yes, in past years someone (probably @KAPIJXM) had pointed out at quite a lot of Japanese names in other Divisions.

Probably there are still other Japanese players in Frauen-Bundesliga Second Division also? (Don't remember who was better up to date with the situation: maybe @datschge).

Talking about leagues that are different from "First Division" ones, it could be worth mentioning that there are sometimes Japanese players scattered through the US college system; occasionally, some of them are relevant names that were part of Youth National Teams in recent years: Ran Iwai comes to mind, who's currently in Florida State University's roster.

Random note: another "Japanese derby" is scheduled for this Sunday, when Milan AC vs San Marino (Hasegawa vs Kunisawa) will be played. Of course, I am not sure if Hasegawa will actually make her debut; the odds for this match are anyway vastly in Milan's favour. :p

22. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    "Small summary".....looks like a lot of hard work to me....not gone un-noticed....thanks

23. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yuka Hirano plays for 1.FC Köln and Mai Hirata plays for Eintracht Frankfurt II (both 2.Bundesliga Süd) but the 2.Bundesliga was interrupted three months ago and it is not clear when 2.Bundesliga will be allowed to continue the season because they are not considered as professional league.

24. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    #225 datschge, Feb 2, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Can't say I've followed it before (my sports app doesn't cover it, so...), Frauen BuLi 2 is split into two sections, north (Nord) and south (Süd). Was looking through soccerdonna.de which seems well updated.
    • Yuka Hirano (平野優花) plays for 1. FC Köln (2. Frauen-Bundesliga Süd) since 17.03.2019 which is in the run of relegating to BuLi 1. Twitter Instagram

• Mai Hirata plays for Eintracht Frankfurt II (2. Frauen-Bundesliga Süd) since 04.10.2020, there is the possibility to play for the first team in BuLi 1 as well. Twitter Instagram
    That's all I got (and Lohmann beat me to it).

Edit: Hirano mentions in her blog at https://note.com/yukahirano06/n/n3c0801f45b2a that while the league is shut down (as Lohmann rightly mentioned) her club got permission from the city to do training practices.

Edit2: That date for Mai Hirata is all wrong, thanks to FFC Frankfurt merging with Eintracht, she's actually playing for them since 15.10.2017 if not longer.

Lechus7, blissett and Lohmann repped this.