Official 2021 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    blissett repped this.
  2. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Highlights Leverkusen-Potsdam

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Waiting for tomorrow's big match Juventus-Milan (and for "minor big match" Sassuolo-Fiorentina), in Serie A Femminile Florentia San Gimignano vs San Marino Academy has been played today.

It ended with a 0-0 draw that's not a bad result at all for San Marino: this result puts them at 9 points, 5 points ahead of Napoli, that will play tomorrow in Milan vs Inter (at the moment, Napoli is in the relegation zone, while San Marino aren't).

Shiho Kunisawa played the whole match, she had more than decent grades and she saved a shot on the goal-line. :)

pierre bezukhov and unepommekun repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Don't get me wrong: more professionalism in women's football is good for the players and it made possible that Yui Hasegawa landed in my town in the first place.

But there are downsides also: today, Juventus-Milan will only be broadcasted and streamed on pay-TV channels (that I don't have, because I usually don't care for men's football games they use to broadcast). So, despite living in Italy, I'll probably be stuck with a live-ticker as everyone else. :( Unless I am going to find some pirate-streaming later, but I won't hold my breath for it...

KAPIJXM repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Although it only marginally touches the subject of this thread (and it's also in Italian!), I want to share this video @sbahnhof posted on the Women's league in Italy thread, because there is one scene that's really worth seeing. At 18'45" Mana Mihashi tries to translate a sentence from Japanese to Italian with the help of an automatic translator: the sentence is so easy that I would be able to translate it myself, despite my poor Japanese, but the result in Italian is quite disappointing; it says: "The solution that I come from Japan is the cauliflower midfielder"! :laugh: Of course Mana's face, after that, is like... :x3:

Sassuolo's captain explains that the problem with Mana is that she doesn't speak English and no-one in the team speaks Japanese: so they're forced to teach Italian to her, sometimes with comical outcomes. :giggle:

In other words, I daydreamed about Juventus-Milan all week, but in the end I think that a win by Juventus remains the most likely outcome: it's true that Juventus have only won by 1-0 from PK the 1st round match, but they're still too much strong on the Italian scene; they won three consecutive title and half their team is made of top Italian NT players, while the other half is good internationals.

One can hope, but I am trying to stay with my feet on the ground about this match.

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #381 blissett, Mar 7, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Juventus-Milan starting line-up have been announced, at about an hour from the start, on usually reliable milanenews24 website: it looks like Yui Hasegawa will start in a sort of 3-4-1-2 line-up, with Yui probably as a Left-Winger (supported on her side by Italian NT Full-Back Bergamaschi) and Vero Boquete working just behind the two strikers Giacinti and Dowie to support them.

[​IMG]

frohike repped this.
  7. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    unepommekun repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you very much!!! :):):)

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As I expected, Juventus is ahead already at 8' with Bonansea.

Milan is playing only on the Right-Side, it seems: few chances for Hasegawa to play the ball.

10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    It looks quite strange...
    Bouqete ball distribution is simply weak but her teammates still refuse play Hasegawa instead. It looks like her media success disturbed some pecking order in the team :cautious:
    Hasagewa basically plays now as defensive mid o_O

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Actually Boquete too plays too much far from the opponent box. Milan should give much more continuity to their offensive action, but it's difficult now that they're 0-2 and that Juventus scored with two so depressingly easy goals.

Actually now, at 43', Milan had scored from a CK action, but referee whistled an imaginary foul (basically, if a GK have an awkward play, she can always count on the ref calling a "confusion" foul :rolleyes:).

Juventus-Milan 2-0 at HT. Let's see if something will change at HT.

Edit: Milan had a pair decent chances, but Juventus basically broke Milan's defense with no problem for their two goals.

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Now Milan are at least shooting, but Boquete's and Dowie's effort are very high over the crossbar and frankly forgettable. The ref doesn't help by not calling a PK for Milan.

13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Well...either Milan will build their team around Hasegawa for next season or Japanese is wasting her time in Serie A. Pretty much like Iwabuchi in Villa.

From what I see Nadeshiko League looks much stronger than Serie A and even than FA WSL where gap between top 4 and the rest is huge.
    After watching a number of matches in all three leagues I'd say that teams liike JEF, Mynavi or Albirex would've walk over the likes of Birmingham, Everton, Fiorentina or Milan.

Judging by player quality and level of competitivness WE League will start as top 5 league in the World. Advertisment and global media coverage will become crucial not only for league developement but also for stayin in top. Reformed UEFA Champions League will boost women football in Europe and AFC will need to match it fast. However if JFA manage to attract foreign star players during the next 2-3 years to Japan then WE League may even become No.1.

datschge and unepommekun repped this.
  14. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Jan 29, 2021

Lechus7 repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #390 blissett, Mar 7, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    No luck for our top-players overseas, today: Juventus-Milan 4-0 FT (Hasegawa on the pitch for the whole match), while Manchester United-Aston Villa just ended 3-0 (Iwabuchi equally on the pitch the whole match).

16. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I'd rather say that MIlan destroyed themselves today. Overall they need to invest in depth on the bench and some better fullbacks as well. Bouqete was an exciting player...some 5 years ago ;) and today she probably lost her contract extension :laugh:

blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A scene from today says it all, I guess: in the middle of 2nd Half, the game is on 2-0, so theoretically there is still some chance for a comeback (actually not); Hasegawa takes a CK and accurately finds Boquete completely free at the edge of the box. Vero shoots... and the ball points at some far away cloud in the sky. A perfectly executed scheme... ruined by the poorest finishing! :x3: You don't expect this kind of shot from a supposed top-player.

Lechus7 repped this.
  18. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Mind you, Juventus getting destroyed in Europe as well, just to show how big that gap is for Milan in Europe.

The Italian league reminds me of a Spanish league. 1 Top team (Barca) (used to be Atletico Madrid initially) destroying everyone left and right. 2nd place puts a bit of pressure (but not enough) and the rest of this league is just not good enough. But after 3 or 4 years of development, it's more or less competitive (outside of battle for 1st place). Levante is decent, both Madrid's teams building new squads, other teams grow in quality. At least I can see 3 Spanish teams advance into the play-off in the Champions League.

In Italy, only Juventus can advance into the play-off in the Champions League, just to be eliminated straight after.

Not sure what Hasegawa would learn in her next 3 season's in Italy. 2 good matches against Juve and the rest is just not good enough teams all season long. But maybe I am just too harsh on the Italian league.

p/s best competitive leagues in Europe should be Germany and England, even France, Spain and Sweden I would fancy more than Italy.

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yes I generally agree with what you are sayin though I think you're bit harsh on Serie A (Juve gave Lyon run for their money last time in UWCL). Still.. Germany, France, England and Sweden have as you pointed out stronger leagues. Spain is getting there and with investments Serie A should also join them.
    Considering Hasegawa all depends on how long she plan to stay there and if Milan will buy better players for UWCL. Let me remind you that new UWCL starting this fall will guarantee each club with 6 matches (h/a) against quality opponents in group phase.

blissett repped this.
  20. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Yoko's team won, and she played the whole game. I have no idea if she played well or not, but I might be able to see a replay on Sporting's website at some point next week.

The skill level of each team in the (soon to be) WE League is higher than most teams in Europe. Watching Villa and the Spanish League games featuring Yoko I am amazed at how bad the technique and passing is by some of the defenders. But speed and physicality makes up for a lot.

Also the Japanese players have a pretty good understanding of the fundamentals of the game, or I should say the Japanese game, so there is much better cohesion. They learn from a very young age the Japanese way of playing.

The Spanish League is kind of fun to watch, because - excluding the top three or four teams - it is crazy how teams play.

I think Hasegawa going to Milan is good for her. She gets to experience a very different kind of football, which I think is a good thing. However, I'd be surprised if she is there longer than a season. But maybe she is on a lot of money.

blissett repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Surely Juventus isn't well-positioned in Europe yet ; there is something to be said in their defense, though: in the last two editions of the competition they were paired with Barcelona and with OL in the Round of 32. How many other clubs in Europe would have done better, given these pairings?

That's not to say that Italian football is up there with the strongest leagues, but probably they could do a little better with some more luck in the draws.

Well, at the peak of the "Green Machine era", how many "real" opponents had Beleza in Japan, apart from the "clasico" vs INAC? :sneaky: That's not to say that Italian league can be compared with Nadeshiko League, but the problem of dominant clubs is actually everywhere.

Of course Nadeshiko League is much more technical than Italian League can ever hope to be (thus all the "oooh" and "aaah" from the media as soon as they've seen Yui move on the pitch or touch the ball), but I guess being confronted with much more "physical" European leagues can anyway help our players facing match-ups with this kind of teams in international competitions.

Hey, let her stay here at least for long enough that I can actually have the chance of going to the stadium to see her! :eek: What kind of a joke would it be if she'd remain in my town only for as long as the venues remain off-limits because of the Covid?

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    After Kunisawa's 0-0 draw with her San Marino Academy and Hasegawa's 0-4 loss with Milan, another Japanese-related result was due from Serie A Femminile, and it's a good one: Sassuolo has beaten Fiorentina by 1-0 and is now "just" 5 points behind Milan, at third place.
    Mana Mihashi had the assist for the lonely goal, as you can see from highlights :):

sbahnhof, KAPIJXM, datschge and 2 others repped this.
  23. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Japan will play with Paraguay next month in Sendai. Not the strongest opponent but after 13 months without a match a good one to take the "rust" off.
    It's not official but Brazil want's to come to Japan in June friendly window.

KAPIJXM, sbahnhof, unepommekun and 2 others repped this.
  24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Let's hope it finally happens! :notworthy:

In the list of the things I've missed in this pandemic year, Nadeshiko Japan matches are up there quite high!

25. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Japan..... March 11th 2011

We remember all those who lost their lives, all those who grieve for them, the "missing" and their loved ones and all those who are still suffering the effects of the tragedy of that day.

With sympathy and respect M.N.

KAPIJXM, sbahnhof, Lechus7 and 1 other person repped this.