Official 2021 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    #3201 Ponde_Ringu, Dec 22, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    I think we'll have to wait and see but at least she will be in a new team from the beginning. I would much prefer someone get playtime in a team that's at the bottom of the table rather than warming the bench in a team that win's the playoffs.

By the way the person that scouted Endo is Eni Aluko. The same woman that brought Iwabuchi to Aston Villa. She seems to like Japanese players.

Just to maybe *slightly* ease your pain.

"Beleza will receive an agreed-upon transfer fee

Out of respect towards Japanese women's football, ACFC has agreed to Beleza's proposed transfer fee that is higher than the average transfer fee in the American market. For the development of women's football I wish this becomes the standard of transfer negotiations in the WE league"

I think its the first time I've heard of a transfer fee when it comes the Japanese clubs. Even INAC didn't get anything for Iwabuchi. Maybe Beleza can use this to get a/some new player(s) during the transfer window.

She's one of the only players I think is a good example that some players don't necessarily have to go overseas to be world-class. Though I wouldn't mind if she did. It seems she likes playing on the wings and from her comments on the Netherlands game she also seems confident that she will get called up to the NT sooner or later under Ikeda.

#5nadeshikofan, unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It can sure be that you're right, but Angel City FC is an expansion team: they start from scratch and they won't have a preordained starting 11 from previous seasons. More generally, the fact that next season NWSL will add two expansion teams to the league should widen the base of players who'll get some significant playing time: of course, USA have more than enough domestic youngsters to fill even more teams than that, but the level required for the top prefessional league will mean that there will anyway be more chances than in previous seasons for everyone.

In the end, I only see Saori Takarada as the player whose development-time was actually wasted in USA (despite the fact that at the beginning of the season, she had initially received some significant playing time): Yokoyama was already on a descending curve, both in club and NT, when she arrived in the USA, and Momiki was coming from an injury-plagued season and found a not ideal situation in OL-Reign, with a change of coach and plans that happened very early and top-players coming from European OL that completely changed the face of the team.

tl;dr; previous experiences suggest that Endo could mostly sit on the bench, but let's wait and see, while givin this new team a chance of making her an impact-player like the one we knew at U-20 WWC 2018.

3. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Washington Spirit signed Takarada as a forward but then had to convert her to a CB because of her role in the NT. Recently she was played as a SB in the Iceland game. If I was the Spirit coach I would also bench a player that doesn't know which position she's playing in. There's obviously other factors like the coaching change that happened mid-season but I'm suspecting that's a big factor in her not getting enough playtime mid-late season.

blissett repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I agree with you and that's actually something that I had wanted to add to my post, but I didn't not to make it too long and out of focus (in fact we posted similar things about this subject at about the same time :giggle:).

More generally, it's not just Spirit coach who got confused: I do wonder myself if Takarada really is a CB. :cautious: At U-20 WWC she was Silver Ball and Bronze Boot; in Cerezo Osaka Sakai Ladies she scored ton of goals (although mostly in minor divisions). Are we sure we didn't convert to defense (because of the shortage of good defenders) a player that would have actually been better if she'd remained in an offensive role?

Ponde_Ringu and unepommekun repped this.
  5. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Well, I partly disagree.

I think Endo started enough games and if not, every game she used to come in as a super-sub for at least 30 minutes and really help Beleza to get a result. It's all depends on the structure Beleza plays. Ueki on top and 2 wings either Kobayashi - Endo or Kinoshita or Kitamura. If one player is out with an injury, whoever was left off, automatically takes this place. Without Endo, Beleza now has no subs at all, at least they had one (Endo) now they have none...

So yeah, I think Beleza are going to miss her, especially since you can't replace her with the same quality player on the Japanese market, not that many of them around... It's going to be another Menina youngster instead with 0 experience on that level...

pierre bezukhov repped this.
  6. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    You make a fair point about depth. Now that she is leaving who are they going to have come off the bench? They do not seem to have a lot of options. Maybe Utsugi will be fit enough by next year?

But I agree with you in that there does not seem to be an overall strategy for making the club strong again.

7. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Empress's Cup fourth round
    Sanfre vs Mynavi 14:00
    Urawa vs Iga 14:00
    Chifure vs Albi 11:00
    Nojima vs Cerezo 14:00
    Nagano vs Beleza 14:00
    Jef vs Orca 11:00
    Ohmiya vs Setagaya 11:00
    Inac vs Menina 11:00

8. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    JFA website report..."Live internet distribution"

Omiya v Setagaya
    Urawa v Iga

(Perhaps we will have unexpected Christmas gift...here's hoping)

KAPIJXM repped this.
  9. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Albirex Niigata is gonna have their own stream up for their game against Chifure today. Not sure of the quality or if it will be available overseas.

1474517061993115653 is not a valid tweet id

10. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    H.T.
    Chifure 0-1 Albi
    Ohmiya 0-1 Setagaya
    Jef 0-0 Orca
    Inac 0-0 Menina :eek:

11. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    The Urawa vs Iga game is definitely being streamed. Well it is streaming in Japan.

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  12. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    The Omiya v Setagaya game was just available in U K

(Ps...Christmas greetings if you celebrate Christmas or Happy Saturday if you don't)

13. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result (1):

Chifure 0-2 Albi (Yamaya, Ibaraki)
    Jef (Kamogawa ) 1-0 Orca
    Inac (Hamano) 1-2 Menina (Hijikata, Hiwatashi):eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Ohmiya (Murakami, Uetsuji) 2-1 Setagaya (OG)

14. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    4.45 am....got live pictures of the Reds/Iga game on the JFA site...wake up KAPI.... if Menina can beat INAC who knows?

KAPIJXM repped this.
  15. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021

A valid concern from a fan

“Now that INAC are out of the tournament and there aren’t any league games for 3 months, INAC’s possible national team members don’t have an opportunity to show their worth before the Asian Cup. We may well see players like Yamashita and Sugita not selected for the tournament. Maybe they should go abroad?”

I haven’t watched the game and I don’t even know the starting lineups so I wont comment but it’s an interesting thought.

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  16. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    H.T....Urawa 0 Iga 0

Looks pretty even to me so far...
    I dont think it would be readily apparent to the casual viewer which one of these two teams is the professional outfit if told one of them was 'non league'

KAPIJXM and unepommekun repped this.
  17. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    H.T.
    Urawa 0-0 Iga
    Sanfre 1-0 Mynavi
    Nagano 0-3 Beleza
    Nojima 0-1 Cerezo

18. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan

If Sugita is not selected for the national squad come the Asian Cup then I seriously do not know what Ikeda is thinking. Sugita has consistently been Nadeshiko's best player for the last two years (along with Iwabuchi) and has been the best player at INAC (along with Narumiya).

If anything she seems to be getting better. What am I missing? What happened at the national camp she went to?

Yamashita should be in the team as well. On an aside note. Based on her performances I have seen this I would like to see Arisa Mochizuki get a call up to the national team. When i have watched her she has been very good. It is part of the reason Stambaugh has not been getting in the team.

Nojima are losing to Cerezo, which is not a surprise. But they might be able to find a way to score in the second half. Cerezo usually start fast. But I do not hold out much hope.

19. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    F.T.....Urawa 1 Iga 0

Iga concede a goal with four mins to go but must go home with their heads held high.They played well

(if that performance is anything to go by then it is the WE Leagues loss imo that Champions Iga will not be appearing next season)

20. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result (2):

Urawa (Seike) 1-0 Iga
    Sanfre (Matsubara Shiho, Kinga) 2-0 Mynavi
    Nojima (Matsumoto, Wakisaka) 2-3 Cerezo (Matsumoto, Takawa, Koyama)
    Nagano 0-4 Beleza (Kitamura, Ueki, Kobayashi, Yamamoto)

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  21. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I am very happy to see Horoshima topple Sendai. I hope they can get through to the semi-finals, so I can watch them.

I will be curious to see the highlights of the Nojima game. I really want the coach to step down, but it will not happen. Nojima are a weak team, but the way they play at the moment is pretty bad and losing to Cerezo is embarrassing. I know Cerezo are a good team, but it is the principle.
    I only watched the second half of this match, but it is second halves like this where I completely understand where @#Twistal is coming from regarding the way some of the top teams play.

You have the champions of last season packed with Nadeshiko squad members playing on the break and unable to handle a high press from Iga. Iga looked like they new what they were doing, whereas Urawa did not. Though I guess playing on the break got them the win, so what do I know?

But Urawa played into Iga's strengths. I do not know why Urawa did not play out from the back more. I mean they have really good players that should be able to handle pressure. But they did win the match.

But the Iga coach can come and join Nojima if he wants.

22. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    How sad is it that Hiroshima's first ever win at home isn't even watchable online. JFA chose to professionalise the sport, the least they can do is treat the professional clubs like professional clubs and actually show their games. :(

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess I'll add some other :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Well, if Menina can beat INAC, maybe @Twistal doesn't have to be so worried about Beleza turning into Menina 2.0, after all... :cautious:

Merry Christmas to everyone.

24. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Actually, I wanted to say before that game how cool this would be if youngsters will be able to at least control the ball against INAC for like 65%. It would show that the Beleza style really works well. But seeing them winning this game, makes me even more proud lol

No matter how bad management is, players just not letting this team die. Hijikata should start for Beleza now, she might be as good as Hamano already.

Merry Christmas to everyone as well!

unepommekun, Ponde_Ringu and blissett repped this.
  25. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Hoshikawa says, "it's not that a high school team beat us; rather a good team beat us.":)

blissett repped this.