Official 2021 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Since it's now Christmas (according to some shops), I come bearing gifts - the gift of SAD DEFEATS! :thumbsup:

South Korea: WK-League final 2021:
    Tanaka scored another penalty goal for Gyeongju in the 1st leg, 93rd minute, which made the opening game a 1-1 draw and seemed crucial at the time. But in the annual tradition, Incheon Red Angels gained the upper hand at home in the 2nd leg and retain the title for a ninth year, 2-1 on aggregate. For Asuna, there may be decisions to make in the off-season - she'll be 34 next season and had a bit less playing time this year. I assume she'll play the rest of her career in...Korea, but 4 years of losing the title at the final hurdles might make her consider other challenges.

Thanks for using the WK-League thread, Blissett (no one else does!), but I'm gonna start doing my Korean posts in East Asia women's football instead. It might encourage me to actually use the thread :)

Tanaka-2021-PO.png
    Penalty master: Asuna Tanaka at Gyeongju - (itop21sports, cc-by)

New Zealand: Arisa Takeda & Rina Hirano were on course for the Northern League title in mid-2021, but then... sad defeats! Western Springs, top of the table, lost 5 of their next 8 games and were overtaken by Eastern Suburbs, who deservedly retain the title, sealed it with a 3-1 win at Springs in the 18th matchday. Springs were in 2nd place, 4 points behind, when the federation had to cut the season short by 2 games in August, because of a Covid lockdown that has officially lasted 3 months in Auckland. It also cost Takeda and Hirano their chance to play again in the National League – theirs is one of the first local clubs ever to qualify to play for the NZ title, but the 2021 championship is cancelled.

Both players are still in the country, and on Hipstergram thanked the people at the drive-thru vaccination centre, which is great and heartwarming, but I wish they'd also been able to get back on the football pitch.

datschge, KAPIJXM, Ponde_Ringu and 4 others repped this.
  2. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Jonas Eidevall updates on Mana after the game against Mancheter United

"Mana couldn’t play today but we think it will be possible for her to play minutes for Japan, they have a camp in Europe. She will join up with them and we have good communication with Japan, hopefully she can play some minutes for them and be ready for the final."

3. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What happened to Mayu Ikejiri, who was once so clinical in front of the goal to deserve being called in NT even before making 1st Division? o_O She missed a sitter at the beginning of 2nd Half who could have given a 2-0 margin to Sendai: who knows if INAC could have managed to come back anyway?

After she came back from her South Korean season (where @sbahnhof had shown her goals to us through the famous WK-Thread we were talking about earlier), I guess she was injured for quite a long time, wasn't she? But now that she's back I would expect more from her!

Looks like it was an entertaining match, but the goals, at the first and last minute, were quite random: Chifure's one, in particular, makes you question Sakiko Ikeda's decision making; is it possible that this is what's considered Nadeshiko Japan 2nd best GK? :cautious:

Wow, Sanfrecce were quite unlucky with their shots at the beginning of the game! :eek:

Can I make a very frilly observation? The yellow of JEF's kits blends very well with the purple of Hiroshima's ones: these highlights were chromatically quite satisfying to watch! :D

The first own-goal was in fact as incredible as @pierre bezukhov had described it! :x3: Basically there were two Nojima's players ready to save Fuka Kono's shot on the goal-line, but Risako Oga managed to kick the ball right on Minami Ishida's foot! If they wanted to repeat that number they wouldn't manage to do it again in ages.

The moment when Sunday Lopez cried after her goal was very moving. :inlove:

I would say just one thing about this game: Ayaka Inoue should have passed the ball to Aya Sameshima way earlier!!!! :mad:

#5nadeshikofan and unepommekun repped this.
  5. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Yui vs Tottenham:

KAPIJXM, Lechus7, blissett and 1 other person repped this.
  6. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Tottenham got 3 yellows trying to stop Hasegawa, it was almost scary to watch. Imagine she gets injured right before the AFC tournament...

blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  7. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    On the JFA Nadeshiko site it reads
    Japan v Iceland live broadcast on B.S Fuji....What is B.S Fuji?

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  8. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Oh no this is hard to explain. BS stands for Broadcast Satellite. Channels with BS in front of them are satellite broadcasts. You basically have to sign up for cable if you want to watch BS. Fuji has it's main channel Fuji TV then its satellite broadcast channels BS Fuji and CS Fuji.

It might be harder to find a Japanese stream for this game because even some Japanese people won't have access to it.

9. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Netherlands vs. Japan will also be streamed on NPO 3 (first half) and NPO 1 (second half). It's still geoblocked though - VPN will be needed.

10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    1463354451511578624 is not a valid tweet id

11. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  12. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    :)
    I don't follow the domestic league in Japan anymore, but I've been following all the national team activity and checking this thread during major tournaments.

Also, I've been watching all the WSL actions of Iwabuchi and Hasegawa on stream or TV (I think WSL is also available free outside the UK, isn't it?).

I just stopped by to see if there are any streams available for upcoming Nadeshiko matches in the Netherlands.

Good to see the comments from familiar faces :)

13. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    That's football poem to me.

Ponde_Ringu, #5nadeshikofan and Lechus7 repped this.
  14. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  15. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Any alternatives for us non VPN people?

blissett repped this.
  16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am probably going to miss the first part of 1st Half anyway, but I wonder as well if there could be any kind of free streaming link...

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I like Narumiya starting. Nagano is interesting too.

The front-line with Kobayashi and Ueki is very old-style Beleza: I like it! :ninja:

unepommekun repped this.
  19. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Got a feeling this is going to be the first game I've missed in years unless some miracle free stream appears from out of the ether

20. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Oh my Ikeda with a blunder... she has been awful during last Urawa games, I was puzzled to see her starting

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Are you saying Iceland scored? As I was saying above, not only I've got no video-feed, but I was also busy in the last half-hour, so I am connecting right now.

What's the best live-ticker available in English, at least?

22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    yeah 0-1 Iceland, scored in around 15th min

blissett repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks.

This looks like an half-decent live-ticker.

24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I'm watching from 12th minute and possision is like JPN 75% - 25% ISL