Official 2021 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    0-1 for Chicago at HT.

The goal was scored at the 4' minute of stoppage time, that only existed because of a long break for an ankle injury to Pugh when the game was already into stoppage time (Pugh seemed to be able to resume the game but we're going to see in 2nd Half.).

I'd say Spirit's DF who was marking the assist women (I guess it was O' Hara?) and GK Bledsoe who allowed the cross to fly high to the far post are mostly responsible for letting Rachel Hill free to head the ball in quite easily.

I'll be so frank that I'll look brutal: I've recently watched some bright and intense UEFA Champions' League games; if this is supposed the best show NWSL can offer, I have to say that I am quite unimpressed. :cautious:

KAPIJXM and unepommekun repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Takarada only comes in extra-time, at 116', with her team ahead by 2-1! :laugh:

(Washington equalized through a PK in 2nd Half and went ahead in the first half of extra-time with a Kelley O'Hara's header from a Rodman's cross)

unepommekun repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The match ended 2-1 for the Washington Spirit.

So, we "somehow" have two Japanese players having become NWSL champions. I say "somehow" because Kumi Yokoyama hasn't got a single minute of playing time in official matches since moths, while Saori Takarada has just become the go-to time-wasting sub for the last 3-4 minutes of the games. :unsure: They're anyway part of the team that won the US League, but I'd say they'll have to change next season if they want their career to progress in any way. Especially Takarada, who's still so young, definitely has to find a team where she can actually play! :devilish:

KAPIJXM and unepommekun repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Today, Sassuolo had an away Coppa Italia's (the national cup) match vs 2nd Division team of Cesena, that they won by just 2-0, less easily than expected mainly because of bad finishing and good saves by opponent GK. Both Mana Mihashi and Nanoka Iriguchi started (Irigughi was subbed-out at 66') and Mihashi even scored the second goal for her team (it's been officially given to her, although it's quite likely that the ball was already in from a previous shot when she slammed the rebound into goal :cautious:).

At the moment,we just have this video from Cesena's YouTube channel; the woman commenting the match has a tough time with foreign names: she can't correctly spell Bugeja for the life of her (to the point that she often recurs to calling her "Sassuolo's #7! :laugh:) and she always spells Iriguchi as Iriguki. :giggle:
    Her tone is also quite depressed: she was obvioulsy rooting for the home team. :rolleyes:

datschge, Ponde_Ringu and unepommekun repped this.
  5. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    DAZN Japan You Tube.....Mynavi v INAC....now playing in U.K.

6. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Ikeda in the stands again.o_O

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  7. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Mynavi is a little bit better, but Inac always has won this kind of games this year.

8. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Yamashita was down for a bit there. Play has resumed but she has some taping on her left knee now.

9. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Yamashita has conceded for the first time this season! 1-0 Sendai Shiraki is the scorer. Nice shot on the turn probably meant Yamashita didn't see it coming. Things are getting interesting.

10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Longest consecutive run without conceding a goal:
    Ayaka Yamashita - 12 games (including pre season) ~1136 min :thumbsup:

11. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Takahira was injured. She was very good so far.

blissett, #5nadeshikofan and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  12. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Sugita is really good.....

13. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021

I missed the sub... or did she come back on?

14. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    She came back.
    Sugita hit the bar.

blissett and #5nadeshikofan repped this.
  15. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    H.T.....Mynavi 1 INAC 0....good game...just happy it is actually on screen after yesterday's DAZN 'no show'

blissett and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  16. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Entertaining first half. Sendai not making the mistakes they were making in the Urawa game though they do still seem to rush a little under pressure.

17. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That was a very nice first half. Pressure equally applied, but Sendai had more of the game. It seemed Kobe had issues when coming over the left; not enough or too late support in the middle.

18. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Narumiya scores off of Sugita's deflected shot to make it 1-1. Sugita is doing wonders on their left.

Tanaka is taken off for Hamano... tbh I don't really know if Tanaka in her current state should be called to the NT.

19. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    It almost looks like Sendai have run out of energy.

20. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    F.T....Mynavi 1 INAC 1
    Good advert for W.E. League womens football imo
    Lot of very talented players on display today.
    Particularly enjoyed some of the episodes of Mynavi one touch passing and the pure class that is Hina Sugita.

Lechus7, KAPIJXM, blissett and 2 others repped this.
  21. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Both teams probably could've won this game if they scored their chances.

Narumiya & Sugita were really good throughout the game and it showed even more as players on both sides started slowing down near the end. Those two were just everywhere, running constantly.

Ikeda was at this game and if he didn't see a reason to call Sugita back to the NT Japan are in for a bumpy ride.....Again I hope this isn't the case and he left her out to try other players.

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, that's what I hope too, as well as with Yamashita.

I am sorry that I didn't find the energy to wake up before dawn on a Sunday to watch the game :sleep:, but, judging by what you all guys have written, it looks like it was an entertaining one. Also looks like Sendai have fun in trying to change my opinion each week about being a legitimate contender for the title :giggle:: since they were the first team to score to INAC and to take away points from them, I guess they made quite a statement in that sense! :ninja:

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Interesting testament to the balance of this league that in this match-day we had 4 draws (including, once again, a 0-0 one) and just one win. :coffee:

Edit: consequently, the only change in the rankings involved the two teams that didn't draw this week, since Albirex went ahead of Nojima.

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  24. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I think the individual capability of both teams' regular players is almost even, but Inac may surpass Mynavi in an organized way, experience and bench members in a sense.

Ponde_Ringu, #5nadeshikofan and blissett repped this.
  25. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan