Official 2021 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  2. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Lechus7, frideswide, KAPIJXM and 5 others repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Is her next-to-be-wife anyone known, or she's not from the women's football scene in any way?

4. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Nadeshiko League Awards 2021...now available on Nadeshiko League You Tube

(Congrats KAPI)

KAPIJXM, Ponde_Ringu, blissett and 2 others repped this.
  5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

6. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  7. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    How many awards got Iga? I guess Sugita was MVP.

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  8. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    top goal scorer - Nishikawa
    best eleven - Fujita (GK), Miyasako (DF), Sakuma (DF), Suzuki (MF), Sugita (MF: MVP), Nishikawa (FW)

By the way, the other five of the best eleven is following:
    Nara Misaki, Miura Momo, Koyama Shinomi, Ohtake Mayu, Chiba Sonoko

9. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, for sure China picked the free pass! :rolleyes:

We've got the only group where there is a second "top team" beyond the first in South Korea, but saying that it's the "toughest group" (that's undoubtedly true) doesn't mean that it's really very tough. :coffee:

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  11. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Agreed. I will be expecting Japan to get 9 points but South Korea has always given Nadeshiko a run for their money.

blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's worth noting that South Korea just played two frienly matches vs USA in this last FIFA international window and they managed to post a 0-0 draw in one of them (although they lost by 0-6 the second one). It was a "bronze medal victory tour" match for USA, so they were playing most of the Olympics veterans that they're likely going to drop soon, but it's anyway been an impressive result for Ji So-Yun & Co.

13. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Slightly OT: AFC just doesn't care at all whether a draw could result in highly sensitive matches, does it? I find it highly curious that touchy combinations like the two Chinas in one group aren't being avoided at this early stage.

Ponde_Ringu and blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You're right! The tensions have been high just in the latest weeks. And if the subject is (just slightly) OT here, I guess it would be perfectly on topic on the general AFC 2022 thread on the international boards, where the question could be raised.

15. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

WE LEAGUE
    Chifue vs Inac 14:00

Nadeshiko League 2 relegation -promotion match
    Diavorosso Hiroshima vs Seisa Osa Rhea Shonan

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Diavorosso is a word that actually doesn't exist in Italian, but of course it obviously comes from Italian: it can be considered a sort of contraction (although this kind of contraction is never used in Italian) of "Diavolo rosso", that in Italian means "Red Devil" (this makes me wonder if Diavorosso Hiroshima has a red & black jersey, as Milan AC that have a devil as their official mascot, or if they take the red devil thing from Manchester United instead, despite the name in Italian).

Anyway, it looks like Hiroshima has two other women's team, beyond the newly founded Regina (with their bright ballet an their cheerleaders :giggle:), and they refer one to the angels (Ange Violet Hiroshima) and one to the devils (Diavorosso Hiroshima).

I suppose Ange Violet Hiroshima, having placed one-to-last in Division 1, can still run the risk of being relegated in Division 2: if it'd happen, and Diavorosso would be promoted in the same division, we could have next year a league with both angels and devils from Hiroshima! :alien::p

unepommekun repped this.
  17. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    The club says that red indicates energetic and aggressive, and devil indicates that they confuse opponents and get them panicked like the devil do.

By the way the three teams locate in the western side of Hiroshima prefecture.
    I live on an island in the eastern side. Those places have some different cultures in each other, so I feel a little bit lonely in some sense.

blissett repped this.
  18. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    You live in Hiroshima!? I actually want to move there in the future! I might also visit in the nearer future to see the new stadium Sanfrecce are building. :giggle: The plans look absolutely awesome.

JFA have announced that they will be playing a friendly against the Netherlands in The Hague on November 29th. Very tough match to play so early on. But then again Takakura managed to get a draw with 10 women against the USWNT in her first few month as NT coach so...

I expect more games to be announced for this trip. Flying all the way to Europe for one game seems weird.

19. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #2721 Manchester Nadeshiko, Oct 29, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    DAZN Japan You Tube....do not list any W.E. free live streaming games for this weekend that I can find???

The play off game between Yamato and Bunnies is live on Nadeshiko You Tube Sunday 1400hs

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Please, Nadeshiko, come to Italy!!! :geek::p:geek::p:geek:

21. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Unless DAZN and WE league are not on the same page, Chifure v INAC and Beleza v Niigata should be streamed free.

22. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Onomichi

23. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.

Hope the W.E. are correct...(still nothing on You Tube site re free streaming)