Official: 2021 LA Galaxy II Season

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by LEM-LAG, Dec 6, 2020.

1. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

Gameday! SKC 2 is 0-1-2 this season with 7 goals conceded in 3 games. It must be a win for Los Dos.

TrickHog repped this.
  2. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    1-1 draw against SKC 2 at home. Disappointing result, and the game looked not good according to reports. Goal from Jorge Hernandez (leader of the team with three goals) on a deflected shot.

No recap yet as the replay is unavailable at the moment.

[​IMG]

TrickHog repped this.
  3. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    [​IMG]

Home game against Oakland in less than an hour. Can Los Dos keep their 4-game unbeaten streak alive?

TrickHog repped this.
  4. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Terrible result last night, as Los Dos lost 3-2. The young guys took the lead two times, but three Oakland goals in the second half including a stoppage-time winner were too much for Los Dos. Overall it's a deserved result, Los Dos were unable to create much offense through the night and scored on two individual plays.

Results have been disappointing this week, I wonder if the team is not exhausted because of the tight schedule, as Los Dos have played 6 games during the first 23 days of the season (more than anyone else in USL).

Eric Lopez was inconsistent in goal. He made an impressive save when it was 2-2 with a few minutes left, then was beaten by a near post shot he should have stopped. Vom Steeg has been better this season, no doubt.

Not a great game by Bawa, who made two mistakes on the first goal and was also to blame on the game winner. Ferkranus was out with a knock, you can feel the difference.

A game to forget for Hernandez, Koreniuk and Williams. Very disappointing start to the season for Auggie, who's clearly behind Judd right now.

Judd scored an impressive (and a little bit lucky) goal on his own. He's a very interesting player, playing physical and pressing is a big part of his game (but he's doing too much sometimes and makes unnecessary fouls), but he's also good with his feet and quick. He has played as a lone striker thus far but was subbed in at RW, so good versatility. That said, he forgot to follow his man on the second Oakland goal... Basic thing, Preston.

MOTM was Axel Picazo, who was not amazing but created the first goal almost all by himself, winning an unwinnable ball in the midfield, getting the counterattack on and following the rebond to score the goal. Decent games from Drack and Aguirre too, but both looked tired.

Next game is on Saturday at Orange County (7 p.m.). Maybe Rémi Cabral will make his debut, as he was in the stands for the Los Dos game yesterday.

hav77, ProudNatRN, mbar and 3 others repped this.
  5. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    [​IMG]

Apparently we're leading Orange County on the road 2-0 with goals from Judd and Drack, but the stream is off.

TrickHog repped this.
  6. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn’t the plan to convert Drack to defender ?

TrickHog repped this.
  7. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    He’s been playing left back most of the season with Korniuk at left mid, but Korniuk wasn’t even in the 18 tonight, so they moved Drack up.

8. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Exciting victory tonight for the GII. They were up 3-1 at half (but no stream), and then let OC tie it up at 3-3 in the 67th minute. Nava got the winner in the last few minutes of regular time after the GII’s had numerous chances go off the posts (one went off both the post and crossbar, which is a feat).

LEM-LAG and TrickHog repped this.
  9. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    So I just watched the replay of the 4-3 win at Orange County, actually just the second half because I think we'll never see the videos of the first. Too bad, it seems our Denver guys did fairly well : a goal and an assist for Josh Drack, and a goal for Preston Judd.

Credit to the team, who could have collapsed after going from 3-1 to 3-3, but they created a lot of chances to score a dramatic 88th minute goal. It's Sebastian Nava first ever goal, after a great give-and-go with Jorge Hernandez (who was once again crucial this season).

The good news was Jonathan Perez performance, who did very well in a less-than 15-minutes cameo. The footwork and the dribbles are here, but a few times he outmuscled his opponent or beat him with speed. I love how he can accelerate with his first touch.

Bawa was pretty decent in defense, but he doesn't know how to attack. His crossing is awful. He's already 24, nice piece of depth to have, but give the starting minutes to the young defenders (especially Drack, at his speed he could replace Acosta in the first team next year).

Defense obviously needs to do better. Overall Vom Steeg, Vazquez and Ferkranus were good, especially after facing waves after waves or OC offense, but each of them did a mistake that cost us a goal.

Next game is on the road on Friday, against Charleston Battery (4 p.m.), who are currently last in the East.

mbar and TrickHog repped this.
  10. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Gameday! Los Dos are on the road at San Diego, against the team coached by Landon Donovan. Game at 7:30 p.m. with probably a couple of first team players given the international break.

TrickHog and mbar repped this.
  11. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Acosta and Dunbar in the starting lineup tonight. Plus Klinsmann, but I’ve sort of forgotten he’s on the senior team with Bond having a lock on the position.

TrickHog repped this.
  12. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just occurred to me that Jonathan Klinsman is facing off vs. Landon Donovan’s team here. Klinsman of super immature tweet gloating that his dad cut Landon fame. He just conceded to make it 1-1 after making a few great saves.

Cabral’s twin brother is on for last 20 minutes.

footballfantatic, TrickHog and skydog repped this.
  13. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really great counter attack goal for the bad guys to give them a 2-1 lead.
    It was assisted by a couple of awful defensive decisions/plays but still.

TrickHog repped this.
  14. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    2-1 loss to San Diego in a game where G2 could have done better. Credit to their goalkeeper Trey Muse (Seattle loanee) and midfielder Alejandro Guido, who was subbed in during the second half and turned the game all by himself, scoring on one goal and assisting on the other. Very strange to see Guido here, who IIRC was starting for Tijuana during our CCL clash in 2014.

Our spacing both on defense and offense was not good enough. Surprisingly, Judd, who's a very active striker, was almost invisible. Aguirre's passing was off.

Ferkranus was once again and by far our best defender. His marking on the second goal was not perfect (and followed another overcommitment defending from Vazquez), but he saved the team a few times after good reads on a couple of plays.

First time I see Danilo Acosta in a Galaxy uniform after his injury last year, and he looked totally average. Watch out for Drack, who was lively and the only impactful sub (he played as a winger). Taylor Davila is a nice player to watch, his passing is solid but he doesn't contribute enough on defense. Adrian Gonzalez is a pitbull with all the bad things he can bring, but he's more useful IMHO.

Jorge Hernandez was my MOTM, most dangerous player, lone goalscorer, and he's currently leading the USL with 6 goals.

Dunbar looked lively during the first 20 minutes then disappeared. Rémi Cabral finally made his debut and looked anonymous... And maybe a little bit lost, as he was deployed as a striker, not his natural position from what I remember.

Next game is on Wednesday, at home against Las Vegas (LAFC 2), a team they beat 5-0 a few weeks ago.

natfaninla, Baysider, MPNumber9 and 2 others repped this.
  15. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Terrible result last night, as Los Dos lost at home 4-3 against Las Vegas Lights, LAFC's B team. Despite a Preston Judd hat trick (great game from him, he scored with a very few opportunities, unfortunately his fourth of the night was denied by the crossbar), Los Dos lost to a team who hadn't won on the road in two years. Clearly, this is another game they should have won.

[​IMG]

For Los Dos, the middle of the pitch was a no man's land as Las Vegas easily broke the lines in the center. Three G2 players had terrible games : Davila did not do enough on defense (though I should give him credit for a recovery and a great through ball on the second Judd goal), Vazquez and Ferkranus were terrible, leaving too many spaces between them who were easy for Las Vegas to break through. Horrid from these three guys.

Too bad because the offense clicked : Drack was once again impressive in his runs, his combinations with Perez were solid, Picazo was a nightmare to defend and had a world-class cross on the first goal, Jorge Hernandez was dangerous but once again kept the ball too long too many times. You may find me harsh on him but he's probably our best offensive player but he's sometimes frustrating.

Superb first half from Aguirre who won impossible battles in the middle of the pitch and had a few Beckhamesque switches of play, but looked average in the second half. Right now him and Drack look first-team players for next year.

Next game is on Wednesday, at home against Orange County SC.

skydog, 73Bruin, MPNumber9 and 3 others repped this.
  16. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Playing Tacoma (aka Sounders II) at 1:30 on ESPN+. Good to see Harvey and Williams getting action after their int'l break games. Is Ferkranus hurt though?

TrickHog repped this.
  17. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Los Dos got a draw at home against Orange County last week (1-1). I can't find a replay so you won't get more recap.

Preston Judd scored a beautiful goal after a great run and a good pass from Jorge Hernandez. This is the exact copy of the goal they scored against Real Monarchs a few weeks ago.

Recap of the game at Tacoma tomorrow.

natfaninla, skydog and TrickHog repped this.
  18. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That was a beautiful goal!

TrickHog repped this.
  19. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    2-0 defeat at Tacoma. Los Dos are in a bad streak (one win in the last seven games), a big reason is the defense is in a terrible shape.

[​IMG]

Munoz tried a 4-4-2 then a 4-2-3-1 in the second half with Judd on the right. It never worked, partially because Williams had another terrible game. It's worrying because I haven't seen Auggie do something right this year.

Defense was terrible. Lambe is average at best, Bawa and Vazquez are mistake-prone, and Drack had his worst game for Los Dos. Jorge Hernandez was the Jorge I dislike the most, keeping the ball way too much with too many touches during the first half..

Harvey was OK, as was Picazo. Picazo is getting more confident, his speed and his dribbles are capable to make the difference on the wing. Not that good but he's getting better.

MOTM was easy, it was once again Aguirre, recovering many balls, and his vision is something else for Los Dos. His box-to-box profile is something we don't have in the first team.

Next game is a tough one, on the road at Phoenix on Saturday (7:30 p.m.).

Neubill and TrickHog repped this.
  20. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    If Munoz came back to coach the G2s, that might explain the slide!

LEM-LAG repped this.
  21. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Ahah sorry, Junior Gonzalez is indeed the coach. And I like him better than Munoz.

Benny Dargle and TrickHog repped this.
  22. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Short bench tonight, probably because the senior team needs some of those players for the 18 tomorrow. Nice that Ferkranus is back, although only on the bench. Must be overcoming a knock.

First start for Cabral's brother I think

23. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    3-0 loss to Phoenix. Los Dos didn't have a bad game, but weren't sharp enough at both end of the field. Phoenix exploited every individual mistakes they made, without making a great performance. No surprise, this is a top USL team and they will make you pay. You'll always wonder what could have happened if Los Dos were rewarded with an obvious PK in the fourth minute... Game could have been different.

Josh Drack had a shocker, made a few costly mistakes and was beaten too many times by Solomon Asante, one of the very best in the USL. On the other side of the pitch, another bad game for Lambe who should have been Cuevas backup this year. Cuevas absence is probably a sign he's leaving, which is a stupid decision to me. The path to the first team was easy : another year as a starter in USL this year, then pick up the RB spot left by Araujo when he'll probably leave.

Harvey was decent but there is always the erratic pass, or the erratic touch, that he has to erase from his game. He recovers a ton of balls, he can get out of the pressure but it's sometimes very risky.

Rémi Cabral got his first start and was invisible, and was subbed off at halftime. It's a little bit concercing because his previsous sub appearances weren't good. Judd had a few chances but his finishing was off.

The two best players on the field were (once again) Daniel Aguirre and, more surprisingly, Isaac Bawa. He saved our *** a few times in defense, although I dislike his tendendy to shoot when he is 40 yards away from the goal. It never works, but he was so important in defense I could give him the MOTM performance.

Next game is on Sunday against Tacoma Defiance.

TrickHog repped this.
  24. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    The wind really affected things in the Phoenix game. Tough to shoot from distance or execute crosses. Seemed like Rising adjusted and Los Dos didn’t. It also magnified the importance of the missed hand ball since that would have forced Phoenix to change its approach early on.

The first goal was kind of flukey and the second went through Vom Steeg’s legs on a shot that wasn’t easy, but he might have done better with. Really tough to come back against the wind in the second half.

LEM-LAG repped this.
  25. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    You're right, and a big part of our game is to cross the ball to Judd. It didn't work a lot.

I also agree on Vom Steeg. I praised him at the beginning of the season but I think he's been average lately. Back to the "I don't make mistakes but I'm not decisive either".

TrickHog repped this.