Official: 2020 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ragbone, Oct 8, 2019.

1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ShortyMac, Berks, skydog and 6 others repped this.
  2. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    How about including Messi in there too.

MPNumber9 repped this.
  3. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm sure the Gs have reached out to Messi's representatives. At least I hope so. It seems they almost kind of have to because it's Messi. If he does decide to come to MLS though, it'll likely be for Beck's team.

TrickHog repped this.
  4. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zlatan did it. I'm sure we can work something out.

TrickHog repped this.
  5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I wonder if AEG+Herbalife would be willing to offer Messi some insane contract like $150 million a season. We don't abide by the financial fairplay laws that europe does, so in theory we can offer Messi basically anything. If say City or PSG offer Messi $100 million a year, we can double it assuming the money is there.

Also worth noting that a large part of Messi's salary would likely come back to us with jersey sales, tv deals, sponsorships, ticket prices, etc. We could/should move to the Rose Bowl if Messi would sign for us. We'd easily get 70k+ fans a game post covid.

Our owner is literally one of the richest people in the world, and we don't abide by financial laws here in the west lol. It can happen.

kaburu, StillKickin and hav77 repped this.
  6. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Our FO assumed that was the case when he said he wanted an office with a view, but it turns out that outward facing windows weren’t that important to him.

hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  7. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My understanding is that Fallwell Jr has decided to sit this one out and just watch from the sidelines.

8. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, gang, I'm hearing that Messi is going to Man City.

9. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Is going but isn't there yet? So you're telling me there's a chance! :(

TrickHog repped this.
  10. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

hav77 repped this.
  11. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    But that’s impossible. They were caught flouting Fair Play rules and were punished severely!

shelbo, Skevin, The Cadaver and 3 others repped this.
  12. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Honestly think Messi's representative is just using City as leverage to get a better deal from the Gs.

13. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    History is certainly not all we have left... with that attitude in selecting players, we will never get better. In my book, the Galaxy FO needs to get the best players they can get, not try to appease a certain segment of fans.

14. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't know if these guys have any credibility when it comes to transfer rumors but...

[​IMG]

ShortyMac, ProudNatRN, JPAR and 9 others repped this.
  15. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fingers crossed!!! And getting him for $10 million in this depressed global market would be a fantastic deal!

ProudNatRN, Berks, 73Bruin and 1 other person repped this.
  16. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    JK was hardly the best keeper available. HIs most signable attribute was probably that he came cheap. He was on a free transfer. Basically no one in Europe wanted him after his first contract ended. Its not like he had any measurable success in either Germany or Switzerland where he played club soccer. He signed a contract with Hertha Berlin in 2017 after leaving Cal. In his 2 seasons there, he played in just 1 Europa Cup game against a Swedish side. He played 24 games for their B team in the German 4th division. Per TransferMarkt, he spent more time off Hertha's squad than off of it. So for them he was a essentially a third/fourth/practice keeper. Hertha let him go to FC St. Gallen in the Swiss first division (they were the second place finisher) on a free transfer. He was mostly a bench player for them as well with no league appearances. He did play 2 games for them in the Swiss Cup in August of 2019. He gave up 4 goals in a first game loss and was red-carded in the 31st minute of the 2nd. The best thing you can say for him recently is that he did play 2 games as a late game substitute for the USMNT U-23 team in 2019.

ProudNatRN, JPAR, skydog and 4 others repped this.
  17. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't sound like much of a prospect, then. So, no need to hate on him for his personality. :)

18. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Makes you wonder what happened to Vom Steeg and Lopez, both of whom are still on the senior roster and aren’t getting any time with G2 either.

TrickHog, 73Bruin and mbar repped this.
  19. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think JK was brought in to push Bingham. I guess to do that, somebody has to rate him, though I think none of us know how good he actually is.

TrickHog repped this.
  20. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Probably not but he’s not going to be with the Galaxy forever - and when he does go don’t be surprised to see some social media comments starting HAHAHAH...

21. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s ok. We can multi task.

Grumpy in LA, 73Bruin, skydog and 3 others repped this.
  22. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    #1672 73Bruin, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    I am thinking that he is just cheap insurance. Thee following article ratedthe top 100 American keepers, this spring.

https://everybodysoccer.com/even-the-goalkeepers-like-to/?category=Top+100+GKs

While I certainly don't agree with their rating of Bingham as the number 8 US keeper, the rough rankings are interesting. Kinsman is rated 96th. vom Steeg is 89th and neither Lopez or Romero from G2 make the cut. There are a host of guys, I never heard of between let's say #30 and vom Steeg, I can't believe that none of them were available.

Interesting enough, former Galaxy keepers, Matt Lampson the backup in 2019 is ranked 30th and Jon Kempin (from 2017) who is signed to the Columbus Crew and now on loan to the San Diego Loyal is 50th.

Benny Dargle, The Cadaver and MPNumber9 repped this.
  23. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

I don't know if there is any truth to this. Yedlin makes zero sense with Araujo, I hope it's not him.

Players who make more sense et available through allocation order : Fabian Johnson, Kemar Lawrence (there's a rumor saying he wanted to come back to MLS), Matt Miazga.

ProudNatRN, Berks, hav77 and 1 other person repped this.
  24. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don't know yet if Araujo will be more valuable as a right back or as a midfielder. I can see arguments for both. I'm not a big Yedlin fan (he is undisciplined at times) but if he replaced Rolf and freed up Araujo to play mid we might be a dangerous team to play against. That would be a lot of speed/quickness on the right side.

ProudNatRN, Berks, hav77 and 1 other person repped this.
  25. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    1306400644518088704 is not a valid tweet id

Parker has not been great recently in NY. Could be a decent pickup though.

TrickHog and hav77 repped this.