Official: 2020 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ragbone, Oct 8, 2019.

1. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was less I think. We were all excited about getting a DP player for non DP wages.

2. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Took it from players union site:
    upload_2020-6-5_11-15-36.png

3. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right but that is last year, I thought he had a new contract. But you're probably right, we might have just bought that down with TAM/GAM/JAM/WHAM/BAM or whatever.

Hopefully having a racist wife is similar to the Portland player that was huge drugree and the club can walk away from the player without penalty (like Portland did).

4. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had DP contract in Chi, i am sure he was making less here, in any case i was thinking about how much money team freed up by releasing him.

TrickHog repped this.
  5. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm not worried about replacing him this year. I'm writing the entire season off. The only thing the Galaxy should be thinking about is how to construct a team for 2021. What we should be doing is figuring out how we want the roster to look next year, trading/releasing people now who don't fit that plan, and seeing if we can fill next-year's gaps in this summer's transfer window.

MPNumber9 and TrickHog repped this.
  6. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

Great news!

Galaxy currently have two international roster spots open. There is room.

JPAR, hav77, TrickHog and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Fabian Johnson announced he will leave borussia monchengladbach. If his body is not wrecked by injuries, he'd be a great option for us.

Why is there a line under this?

TrickHog repped this.
  9. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s great news.

So next time we have a Gio situation we get one of his relatives to post something racist on social media?

The Cadaver, TrickHog and pirozhok repped this.
  10. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    We have Feltscher and Araujo on the right, Insua and Traore on the left. Before Insua was signed, I would have said "yes", but right now there is no place for him.

TrickHog repped this.
  11. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's a nice trick to fix roster issues :)

12. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Let’s bring Alessendrini back!

Beakmon FC and MPNumber9 repped this.
  13. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love RA7's attitude and heart, but he's broken.

ShortyMac, hav77 and JPAR repped this.
  14. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Johnson is a winger who can fill in at full back

15. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How so? Didn't he have 2 assists in two sub appearances in the playoffs last year?

Beakmon FC repped this.
  16. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When he's playing, he's great. He just doesn't play enough anymore. Too many injuries.

TrickHog and MPNumber9 repped this.
  17. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So how about some reinforcements? We need some and the transfer window opens before the tourney.

TrickHog repped this.
  18. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Wonder if management has washed their hands for this season considering the viability of professional sports is up in air at the moment and foreseeable future.

19. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    hav77 repped this.
  20. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You get a Pastore, and then a Cacciatore, and the Galaxy will be good from Cain to Abel.

21. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    This isn't exactly roster news per se, but it's nice to see both Traore and Dos Santos back on the pitch in the first day of full team training

[​IMG]

ShortyMac, Berks, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  22. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I spotted two players from G2 with the first squad : defensive midfielder Carlos Harvey, who spent a lot of time with the team during the preseason, and offensive midfielder Jorge Hernandez. I think it's the first time I saw Jorge training with the big boys, maybe the fact he's able to play as a RW (Katai's spot) is a factor.

Cameron Dunbar, who had an awesome game with G2 in their opener, is also here, but he's officially a first team player.

ProudNatRN, TrickHog and hav77 repped this.
  23. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    TrickHog and ProudNatRN repped this.
  24. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Was there a roster rule that we could only replace Kitai with a player whose last name started with K? Or was this a financial issue because the kit man had a lot of left-over "K"s in his supplies?

Seriously, though, it makes sense given our time frame for finding a replacement and our need for cover on the wings.

TrickHog and Beakmon FC repped this.
  25. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    A few words on Kai Koreniuk, a player I saw with G2 last year, and a guy I praised a couple of times :

- he's 22, and played almost solely as a left winger in a 4-3-3 last year. He also played as a RW a few times too, but to me he's clearly Pavon's backup at the moment.

- his main strength is his finishing abilities, he knows how to score a goal and can use both feet to do it (he's right-footed). Furthermore he's a real danger in the final third, he knows hot to get in dangerous positions, can strike a dangerous shot or create a good assist. Watch his assist on Boateng's goal in Leagues Cup last year, not intentional but he was capable of creating a dangerous situation :

- he's fast, not the fastest player you will ever see, but fast enough to use it as an advantage.

- his dribbling skills are decent and he can beat someone in a one-on-one situation, but they are not outstanding.

- to link with what I just wrote, he needs to be cleverer with the ball. As I said, he knows how to be dangerous in the final third, but he's not that good far to the goal. He tends to force the dribble too much, and lose the ball. He needs to work on it.

- his workrate is OK. He's not the biggest fighter on the field but he's clearly not holding back.

Overall, Koreniuk is a talented player with a lot of upside. He's not flashy but efficient. The question remains : how far can he go? It's sad to remind that there is absolutely zero attacking player developed by Los Dos who succeeded at the MLS level. To me, Koreniuk is not more talented than guys like Jamieson, Lassiter or Jose Villarreal. What can save him? He doesn't look fragile and his effectiveness can be really high.

The Cadaver, ProudNatRN, hav77 and 7 others repped this.