Official: 2020 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ragbone, Oct 8, 2019.

1. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Aim high for a CB. I want to win mls cup, nothing less.

100fyers, ShortyMac, barroldinho and 2 others repped this.
  2. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Aim high and wait. It’s best to build a long term product than find a short term solution.

Competing in a league like this requires stability and a core. We have lacked both for 3 season.

barroldinho, skydog, TrickHog and 3 others repped this.
  3. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP

ShortyMac, barroldinho, Beirut and 2 others repped this.
  4. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Agreed, ever since Chris and AEG, decided to keep a washed up Steve Gerrard and get rid of Omar and possibly Juninho (I don't recall if this was separate or not).

I have always thought that a CB pairing of Omar and JVD would have been lights out and by far the best in MLS.

5. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With De Jong in front of them? The body count would have been astronomical.

6. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still miss Jelle!!!!!!!!!!! I appreciate that he likes most IG comments from Galaxy fans.

WarGalaxy, 73Bruin and Dr.Phil repped this.
  7. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://wavve.link/bsithepodcast

So this is a podcast hosted by Benny Felihaber and maybe Ike Opara and some one else.

This interview is of Lleget. Interesting discussion starting around 27th or 28th minute about Ibra and being his teammate. Very interesting to hear comments from Lleget.

Also gold in this podcast is earlier where Lleget asks Benny about the first el traffico if they were all out of shape in that match. Like, "what happened to you guys ? "

8. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Promising update on Efra:

9. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Podcast? Could someone translate this into a meme for me?

MPNumber9 repped this.
  10. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically all of his teammates were afraid of Ibra. Antuna's soul left his body when Ibra criticized him. Lleget says Ibra was a great person "unless you were his teamate." or something like that.

11. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1361 Beakmon FC, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    Thanks for the link to the podcast.

I'm kind of amazed they did as well as they did under the circumstances. Zlatan is basically a soccer Bond villain.

Chemistry has to be 100 percent better this year.

hav77 and natfaninla repped this.
  12. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

shelbo, Berks, Vindo310 and 9 others repped this.
  13. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the podcast, I usually don't listen to them, but that was enjoyable. WOW, I was shocked at how toxic Lletget portrayed Zlatan. Asked who Zlatan hated most in the locker room, he said something like "the fact that we were all alive", then "the espresso machine" then had to plead the 5th on really answering the question. Was Zlatan captain or am I dreaming? I'm giving coach thumbs up just for living through it. Beckham (or the Beckham project) killed Frank Yallop's spirit, for good maybe.

Berks, FlapJack, ProudNatRN and 3 others repped this.
  14. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You were asked to translate a podcast into a meme and you ... well... crushed it. Well done, sir!

Berks, Vindo310, ragbone and 5 others repped this.
  15. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The previous episode of the same podcast is with Alan Gordon. I highly recommend it. Gordo doesn’t hold back.

ShortyMac and TrickHog repped this.
  16. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Of course, chemistry doesn't mean squat unless the team performs better and gets further in the playoffs.

Teammates can hate each other and the coach and still be successful on a team basis Kobe and Shaq hated each other. LeBron had teammates he had no use for.

Players fooling around with their teammates significant others probably does more to disrupt team chemistry than a shove. Yet teams have risen above this.

GalaxyOne repped this.
  17. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if you listened to the podcast, but I think what's described goes beyond chemistry. It goes beyond a couple guys not liking each other; Lletget is making it seem like Zlatan literally terrorizing his teammates, to the point it affected their performance.

skydog repped this.
  18. Umm I just play FIFA

Barcelona
    Philippines
    Jan 11, 2018
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Lleget's comments are really interesting; makes me wonder how often some players secretly just want things to end because of bad/toxic relationships/atmosphere in the locker room.

skydog repped this.
  19. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Lletget also brings up how Keano had that same win at all costs mentality in training Zlatan did, but didn’t say a bad thing about Keano. Clearly Zlatan’s approach really rubbed people the wrong way.

It’s the difference between “you effing suck” and “hey, you need to do better”.

Berks and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  20. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Yes! Sometimes the like button is just not enough. And the podcast to meme trophy goes to... MPNumber9!

TrickHog, mbar and skydog repped this.
  21. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I appreciate the link and the summary. Didn't realize Ibra was that bad with his teammates. I thought they just shrugged off his remonstrations but apparently it deflated their confidene.
    Other thing from podcast is that were taking the over/under on Chich scoring 20 goals this season and I think Seb took the fifth fwiw.

(It's probably a generational thing but I listened to the podcast and that is an hour of my life I'll never get back. Also, get off my damn lawn....)

FlapJack and mbar repped this.
  22. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #1372 skydog, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    Ok, I wasn't a fan of the Lletget interview (love the guy but his stories...) but the podcast didn't pause and went right into the Gordo interview. Well I got hooked quick - Gordo is an amazing story teller. Spills the tea on Bruce, being traded to Chivas, the disaster that was Gullit, who would win a fight between him and Lenhart, partying in Ireland with Keano. His hate of Berhalter on the field. Absolute must listen podcast.

hav77, Dr.Phil, FlapJack and 3 others repped this.
  23. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh wow. I must find that one.

skydog repped this.
  24. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Dr.Phil and mbar repped this.
  25. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some fans are trolling Twitter and calling Lletget soft for spilling the tea on Zlatan. I can't say I condone that behavior (and I feel a lot for what the guy said and I'm glad he shared it -- going to work under those conditions sucks) but I'm actually surprised he said so much so soon.

Beakmon FC and mbar repped this.