Official 2020 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Looks like INAC promoted one of their own into the 1st team. I assume she was INAC youth...?
    https://inac-kobe.com/news/detail/6528

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  2. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Yes, Leonchina

blissett repped this.
  3. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    #2078 unepommekun, Dec 25, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    Kinga, Masuya, Shimabukuro, Nakashima Yoshino and Konomi Runa joins San Frecce.

KAPIJXM, Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hi, and merry Christmas everyone! :)

I was waiting for highlights from the semifinals, but it looks like they weren't up yet on the JFA website, so I opted for the quarter-finals instead, that I had missed for work reasons (I had to give marks to a ton of essays of my students before Christmas' holydays).

INAC Kobe Leonessa vs Albirex Niigata Ladies

Yuuri Kawamura's diving header was quite spectacular: I wonder if she could be taken into consideration again for NT purposes. She's 31 and had two serious injuries, but she had done quite good at NT level around the WWC 2015 era: maybe she could be tried again. :cautious:
    (By the way, it looks like her Wikipedia entry in English has been written by some US people who's persuaded that she retired after leaving NWSL, since she's tagged as a "former Japanese football player" :giggle:).

I see that Takenaka was in goal for INAC and it seems to me that she was quite poor, in particular when she's been lobbed by Ishibuchi because completly out of position. I guess INAC should stick to Stambaugh.

Nippon TV Tokyo Verdy Beleza vs Nojima Stella Kanagawa Sagamihara

The Green Machine looks very well oiled these days, with players that are 20 or 21 yo, like Miyazawa or Endo, who actually play like veterans. Of course, as @pierre bezukhov noticed, Nojima's opposition was particularly weak in this quarter-final, but the passing game I've seen from Beleza in these highlights was really flawless, with many fast and accurate offensive actions.

If Beleza girls are in this state of form, it should be an enticing final vs Urawa on Tuesday! :)

I am sure I spotted Mizuho Sakaguchi on the pitch in the last minutes, although for some reason her substitution doesn't appear on the scoresheet on the JFA website o_O. What about her these days? Just a role of late-sub, or is there a chance that she could be a starter again, at least occasionally, next season?

Urawa Red Diamonds Ladies vs JEF United Ichihara Chiba Ladies

The snow was indeed an impressive feature! :) And the red ball they were using, when they zoomed on it, almost looked like a random beach-ball! :laugh:

Once again Shikoshi scored an impressive goal: she has been a very good additional weapon for Urawa, this year.

Yes, the first Urawa's goal was really avoidable. On the other hand, it looks like Yamane kept JEF in the game in 1st Half with a pair good saves.

Cerezo Osaka Sakai Ladies vs Mynavi Vegalta Sendai Ladies

There was snow in this match also, although in 1st Half only. I guess Cerezo paid their defensive blunders: they looked much better in 2nd Half, especially since Maika Hamano was subbed-in at Half-Time (she looks so good, at just 16, that you have to wonder why they didn't have her start). Mynavi, on the other hand, could have avoided the penalty shootout, but Hamada missed her PK in extra-time!

Anyway, I guess the most important sub was good old Saori Arimachi: she was subbed-in at 86' and she scored both the final equalizer and the last penalty of the shootout for her team! :)

sbahnhof, Lechus7 and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, quite an impressive marketing campaign so far! :eek:

6. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Merry Christmas to you beautiful people ^ _ ^

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nadeshiko Japan thread, the one with new content on Christmas' day too! :giggle:

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A tweet about Brazil NT schedule for 2021 discloses some interesting pieces of info that are relevant for us:

1) We knew Nadeshiko Japan was going to play SheBelieves Cup, but we didn't know the name of the fourth team: looks like it's Norway (so line-up is: USA, Brazil, Japan, Norway).

2) later along the year Brazil will clash vs Japan twice!

unepommekun repped this.
  9. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Empress's Cup Semifinal highlights:

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Urawa Red Diamonds Ladies vs Albirex Niigata Ladies

Megumi Kamionobe showed her World Champion status! :eek: I guess that wonderful curled shot with the outside of her foot was one of the most technical and most beautiful goal of this season! (Naomoto's FK was beautiful too, but actually a little too low, to the point that the GK should have actually managed to stop it).

Later Kamionobe also hit the crossbar (and scored one of the final PKs): she would have probably deserved another goal, but after all it looks like it was the match of crossbars (2 to 1 for Albirex :p).

In the final pso session, it looks like most players went for power over accuracy (or, in some cases for power and accuracy). At 22, Moeka Minami, scoring the winner penalty as a veteran, reminds me of another young CB who sealed a penalty shootout in the past :giggle: (But actually Kumagai was younger, it was a final and not a semifinal and it was, well, a World Cup! :rolleyes:).

Nippon TB Tokyo Verdy Beleza vs Mynavi Vegalta Sendai Ladies

I wonder if Hamada's shot that hit the post in the first minutes could have changed anything: probably not, Beleza looked vastly superior.

And it looks like this Empress' Cup is giving to us some master-piece goals: Miyazawa in particular showed to everyone how you can optmally use both feet for a volley; triangle pass in the box with Hasegawa, leapfrogging a DF with the right foot and scoring with the left foot. Slow clapping. :notworthy:

Now I really want to see the final! :)

By the way: I am in holyday, and I should manage to watch the match, if it doesn't start too early in the morning for me in Europe. Can anyone tell me what should be the Central European time of the match?

unepommekun repped this.
  11. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I think it starts at 6 am on the day after tomorrow in Italy, but I don't know how you can see it. It is aired on NHK BS 1.

blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh. So the links on the JFA website are only for re-watching the full match after it's been aired? :unsure:

Has anyone any idea of how I could follow the game?

13. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Belated Christmas greetings to everyone.....not been around for a while as Grim Reaper seems determined to thwart my plans to watch every game in the upcoming 29th Annual All Japan High School Womens Football Championships( a tournament second only to the Womens World Cup.)

(Hope to be watching Cup Final live tommorow 5am my time...can't wait to watch some live footie again)

Just in case Happy New Year to you all

14. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Transfer info:

Yasaka Mei (Inac - Nagano)
    Hatanaka Miyuka (Iga - Nojima)
    Shimizu Akane (Iga - Nagoya)
    Anzai Yuka (Iga - Jef)

15. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  16. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Link here (adobe flash plugin must be enabled in web browser)

18. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #2093 Lechus7, Dec 29, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    Urawa 0 - 2 Beleza HT
    Endo Miyazawa

Question is can Urawa mount any comeback? They were quite lucky in QF and SF but now they do really need to fight for it. Beleza's sharp and so far Urawa missing finish.

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Takahashi scores, game on

blissett repped this.
  20. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Nice goal

Lechus7 repped this.
  21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    link died...

22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    ..is back on

23. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Got pictures back at 18 mins

24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    eat dirt tackle on Kobayashi...:laugh:

25. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Sugasawa scores! now it's get really intresting :)

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.