Official 2020 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    No joy for me either...

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This one now works for me, although I am afraid is some minutes behind, since the game hasn't started yet on it.

Beware of early comments! :ninja:

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Spain has some former U-20 players too, including defender Batlle, that I had seen badly injured in Brittany two years ago.

4. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Ikejiri....Right Midfield

Spain 1 Japan 0

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    5', both teams press frenetically and the game is quite confused, right now.

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Endo already showed multiple times the defensive shortcomings I was fearing. She loses her player and Spain scores from an action on their right-wing (our left).

In general it seems to me that Endo tends to go forward partly forgetting her defensive duties.

KAPIJXM and frohike repped this.
  7. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    We look like a team of players who's season has not started......rusty

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Good shot by Sugasawa at 13', from an Iwabuchi's assist, is deflected in corner.

9. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    No VAR.....we had a penalty missed at the last Japan corner..obvious handball

blissett repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Three consecutive CKs for Japan (maybe one with handball in the box?) with no effect, followed by a mildly dangerous Spanish counterattack at 16'.

11. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It is not uncommon for players to move back in the formation after beginning further forward. ex. Dunn, Chastain, Akers and many others. However I do not think Endo is one that should be moved back. Her value as an attacking player is very great and her "style" is not well suited to the back line even if they want to use her to make the defense more offensive. She gets forward well but she is not "hard" enough on recovery or straight up defending to make her really effective at the back.

blissett repped this.
  12. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It is rare to have VAR anywhere in the world for friendlies and that is what these matches are, friendlies.

13. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Friendly or not....the ref missed a penalty for Nadeshiko

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    oh, well: streaming's black-out for me. :x3:

Edit: and it's back! Whew.

15. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Is it me or does Takakua san look ten years younger

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dangerous middle range low shot by Guijarro is deflected in corner by Yamashita at 32'.

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Another dangerous shot one minute ago. I hate to say it, but Endo in defense keeps being a liability: Spanish players noticed and push on her side.

18. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It "could" be a LOT worse. At least the refs in this match are fairly experienced and pretty good, mostly. It is not like in our U20 WWC qualifying in CONCACAF where most of the refs have only a passing familiarity with the Laws of the Game. CONCACAF may have, currently, the best Women's team in the world but our referees are among the worst. I wish they would fix refereeing problems worldwide and implement VAR for all senior team matches and many youth national team matches. But that is not going to happen. FIFA and the various nations and confederations do not really take the need for quality refereeing seriously.

Kakeru, KAPIJXM and Lechus7 repped this.
  19. frohike

frohike Member

Japan
    Aug 6, 2015
    Spain
    Manadona!!

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  20. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Further on the "Endo" issue. Her body language seems to say the she in=s not happy playing at the back. When I have been able to watch her play she has always had a real hop in her step and, so far in this match, she just seems to be plodding along.

blissett repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was already going to write that Iwabuchi had been the best player of Japan in first half (who would have said? :rolleyes:) and she scores this beauty of a lob-goal at 44'. Opponents were petrified.

I am not sure about the long assist from the right-wing: was it Ikejiri? It should be her, given the position, but the cameras tend to zoom in very seldom in this game.

22. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Spain 1 Nadeshiko 1...Iwabuchi magic goal

BBC commentary " already a contender for goal of the tournament"

H.T. Spain 1 Japan 1

Fair enough...Spain played some nice passing footie and attacked in numbers,,,We played like a side who haven't played for some time
    Suggest it would be better if we were mid Nadeshiko League season

blissett repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anyway: despite the beautiful goal giving a quite deserved equalizer to us (considering also the missed PK), there were a lot of things not "clicking" in Japan in this 1st Half.

Sure, most Japanese players (apart captain Kumagai) are in pre-season, while Spanish ones are in the middle of their league, but our most glaring problems in this 45' minutes were an out-of-position Jun Endo and the midfield duo of Miura and Sugita, rightfully requested by @Manchester Nadeshiko, not doing enough in our midfield, or, at the very least, not being accurate enough, especially in game-construction.

The problem with Endo doesn't worry me too much: friendly matches (and these are, as @FanOfFutbol correctly pointed out) are made for this kind of experimentations. About our central-miedfield duo, instead, I hope they are just out of pace, but I'd like them to be more reliable. Nakajima, just to name another MF, is in pre-season too but she seemed much more effective than them.

24. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    2nd half...Miyagawa and Mina Tanaka on

blissett repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club: