Official 2020 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    H.T.......Albi 0 Beleza 0.......evenly matched....both sides guilty of over elaborate attacking play....(trying to pass the ball into the net)

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  2. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    F.T......Albi 0 Beleza 0

Some games live long in the memory and others i.e. games like this live for approximately 8 seconds.

3. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I would say that today's performance by Nojima was their worst of the season. A system of football that was poorly executed and to be perfectly honest poorly thought out by the manager Kitano. It was like they had returned to the depressing days of last season.

He keeps on talking about one touch play and quick movement of the ball, which is fine, but it should not come at the expense of possession. Too often today Nojima players just hit long balls in hope, which invariably came to nothing.

Of course it does not help when their best midfielder and passer Matsubara spends most of the game in defence. I almost think that Kitano just does not care about winning this season and is only trying out different formations and players. But it comes at the expense of a cohesive system and structure. Matsubara should be played in midfield and only midfield, it really is that simple.

Iga should have won by more, because they were much better. However, the fact that they could only score from another keeper mistake probably shows how their season has gone.

4. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Isn't it Koyama Shinomi (小山 史乃観)? It's often hard to find the players without knowing the Kanji, maybe we should post the Kanji more here?

blissett repped this.
  5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Thank You.
    Yes you're right, it's my error as I blindly followed translator not checking with club page.(oh, dear now I need to check all names :oops:)

It's an excellent idea to occasionally post player names written in kanji along it's romanized transcription. Small effort indeed and may save from such blunders as mine in the future. :)

6. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Tell that to me, is surprising that Nojima are the only team who lost both games with us, and they were the easiest matches of the season too. Maybe next year we will be in 2nd division the most, but even with that, we need a girl who scores the many chances we create every game, it can't be that our most prolific goalscorer only have 4 or 5 goals.

pierre bezukhov repped this.
  7. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Yesterday's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Mynavi (Arimachi) 1-2 Urawa (Shiokoshi, Takahashi)
    Nojima 0-1 Iga (Nishikawa)
    Albi 0-0 Beleza
    Ehime (Ohya) 1-5 Jef (Ozawa, Ohtaki 2, Ohsawa, Kishikawa)

Challenge League
    Shizuoka (Sayama, Fujiwara) 2-1 NORD (Uemura)
    Tsukuba (Araki) 1-4 JFA (Watanabe, Numao, Matsukubo 2)

8. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Cerezo vs Inac 12:00

Nadeshiko League 2 (all games start at 13:00)
    Chifure vs Jumonji
    Orca vs Nittaidai
    Setagaya vs Harima
    Nippatsu vs Nagano
    Yamato vs Bunnys

Challenge League
    Nagoya vs Niigata 12:00
    Belle vs Anclas 13:00
    Kibi vs Speranza 13:00
    Cerezo Girls vs Ange Violet 15:30

9. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Yakata's shot hit the post.

10. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Koyama scored.:eek:

blissett repped this.
  11. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    HT:
    Cerezo 1-0 Inac
    very exciting game
    Koyama had played mostly as a LFB, but in these two games did as one of the FWs and scored two.

12. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Hamano scored. ('86)

13. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Cerezo 2-0 Inac

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  14. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Nice goal from Hamano, but Sameshima, who was very good today, should have closed her down and not made the bad pass.

Cerezo with their young talented team play some very free-flowing, attacking football that is quite often more imaginative than their older opponent's. Having said that though they are also defending much better. Their coach obviously has a lot to do with this and he must be congratulated for the season they are having.

But really they should be doing well given the fact that they are basically taking the best talent from Osaka and surrounding prefectures. How Takarada ended up there is a mystery. Osaka has a population of 18 million, so they should be doing well.

INAC seemed to have regressed from the start of the season. I honestly thought at the beginning of the season it would be a battle between them and Urawa for the title, but I think they have been lacklustre at times with Mina Tanaka and Iwabuchi getting them out of trouble. They have not been terrible, but they have not been that good either. I wouldn't be surprised if they sack Engels.

Despite Cerezo having a very good season I think next season, whenever it starts will be a little bit different for them, especially if there is relegation. I still think they will do well, but after watching them a bit this season at times they have played quite rough. Perhaps it is a combination of youthful exuberance and inexperience, but I can see some of the teams being a bit more robust with them, because adults as a general rule don't like being shown up by seventeen year old players.

Iwabuchi's injury was a result of some inexperienced play.

15. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Cerezo (Koyama, Hamano) 2-0 Inac

Nadeshiko League 2
    Chifure (Takano) 1-0 Jumonji
    Orca (Saito, Nakata, Fukasawa, Yamamori) 4-1 Nittaidai (Mehara)
    Setagaya (Ohtake 2) 2-0 Harima
    Nippatsu (Takahashi) 1-0 Nagano
    Yamato (Hori) 1-0 Bunnys

Challenge League
    Nagoya ( Ichihara 2, Miura 2, Hasegawa 2, Takebayashi ) 7-0 Niigata
    Belle (Takenoya) 1-1 Anclas (Kato)
    Kibi 0-0 Speranza
    Cerezo Girls (Wada) 1-1 Ange Violet (Shimamura)

16. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #1841 Lechus7, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    I like todays result cuz it open a bag of possibilities for the last round.

Depending on the result teams may finish:

Urawa 1st
    INAC 2nd or 3rd
    Beleza 2nd, 3rd or 4th
    Cerezo 3rd, 4th or 5th
    Albirex 4th or 5th
    JEF 6th or 7th
    Mynavi 7th or 8th
    Nojima 8th or 9th
    Kunoichi 8th or 9th
    Ehime 10th

18th round

Urawa - Nojima
    JEF - Cerezo
    Beleza - Ehime
    Kunoichi - Mynavi
    INAC - Albirex

Fun fact

Ehime are perhaps the weakest team among them but win in Toyko (as improbable as it sounds) would guarntee Beleza's final standing beeing worst in Nadeshiko League XXI-st century history. (Only two times Beleza didn't finish in top 2, it was in 95 and 96).

On a side note club for which I cheer on - Sfida Setagaya FC - has won 2nd division. :)

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    How does it count, this year, apart from bragging rights? I suppose that, with the new professional league to start next season, there won't be actual "promotions" (as well as there won't be actual relegations from Division 1).

18. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    That's kind of an odd question, they won the league! I mean if there are relegations like in other seasons and other leagues often not only the first placed gets to move. But the first placed still won the league, and usually there is some silverware accompanied to that fact. (Isn't it here?) "For bragging rights." ;)

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Oh, come on I'm gonna second @datschge here: they won the league!

I get what you're asking though. We know that Nadeshiko League will continue in next season for sure. Question is will it stay 3 tiers league like now? NL1, NL2 and CL?
    I don't think so..

My guess is that from next season we will have

WE League - top tier closed league, invitation only with criteria to be met. (imo it will expand to 16 teams within 5 years)

Mynavi Sendai
    Urawa Reds
    Omiya Ardiya (2nd div Jumonji Ventus)
    Elfen Saitama (2nd div)
    JEF Utd
    NTV Beleza
    Nojima Stella
    AC Nagano Parceiro (2nd div)
    INAC Kobe Leonessa
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima

NL1 and NL2 will be merged into one Nadeshiko League

Cerezo Osaka
    Ehime FC
    Iga FC Kunoichi Mie
    Sfida Setagaya FC
    Orca Kamogawa FC
    Nippatsu Yokohama FC Seagulls
    AS Harima Albion
    Yamato Sylphid
    Nittaidai Fields Yokohama
    Bunnys Kyoto SC

Challenge League will continue same as it is now with west and east division.

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So no more promotions and relegations? It would be a shame: in my opinion the "European" promotion/relegation system gives more much sense to the season for all teams involved and keeps the league fresh with teams coming and going each year based on on-the-field merit. I like this model much more than the US "closed" league one. :unsure:

sbahnhof repped this.
  21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #1846 Lechus7, Nov 15, 2020
    I'm not so sure if this "European" system is working now on behalf women's football developement. Rapid womens football professionalization revealed huge gaps between clubs. Consider FA WSL - 30% of this season matches have loopsided results.
    Salary cap may not be the best solution in the long run but at least it does make for well balanced leagues. Also WE League will have "sort of salary cap" cuz of 5 contracts per team without a cap (type A) and 18 capped contracts (type B) with minimal starting at 22 500 $ (type C - if I understand it all correctly)

22. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    #1847 pierre bezukhov, Nov 15, 2020
    According to wikipedia there will be no relegation. The closed league system does have a lot of benefits though.

It is much easier to control the overall development of the game and wages if you have the same teams in the competition.

Also it is easier to promote and develop the game in certain parts of Japan that might not have such a strong football base when they decide to expand. If they are serious there should be a club in Kyushu and also one in Shikoku. At the moment there are a lot of teams in the Kanto area.

Additionally with a set number of teams they can potentially have a draft for young players, so that teams that are weaker can build a squad over time to win the league. If players are on similar wages - particularly squad players - it does not matter so much where they play because they are getting paid rougly the same.

Of course it is speculation at the moment and I will be very surprised if they do anything like a draft. But I would like to see them make the competition as even as possible with no relegation.

They could have salary caps and only allow each club to have two to four marquee players who get paid more. That way Beleza, Urawa and INAC could not stack their team with good players. Then it also becomes more about player development and good coaching as opposed to just getting all the really good young talent.

Jun Endo is from Fukushima, so how she ended up at Beleza and not Sendai is curious. What chance do smaller teams have? I digress.

I have always liked relegation and promotion, but I think administrators have to be realistic about the women's game and think very carefully about how best to grow it going forward. I think the development of the game can be managed better if they don't have relegation.

I have written more than I expected.

23. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    National team coach wanted her to get used to NT style of football ahead of the Olympics. All parties involved were happy to do so ;)

blissett repped this.
  24. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Easy to say for the fans that will have teams in the WE league :cry:

sbahnhof, blissett and datschge repped this.
  25. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sorry for the question, but I am making the rankings and I want to know how the rule works in case of a tie like Nojima and Iga, if general goal difference or the 2 matches between them, because the position can change depending of that.