Official 2020 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    #526 sbahnhof, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    It's back?! That's good. And it looks like most games are live:

Iga FC v INAC Kobe - (Saturday, 07:00 GMT / 16:00 JST)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2yUno6KnT8
    [​IMG]

(Other kickoffs one hour apart)

JEF United v Urawa Red Diamonds
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfSiwvNMZs8
    [​IMG]

Cerezo Osaka v Ehime
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7bw9Bttc5M
    [​IMG]

^ The promoted teams of 2019 clash in their first game of 2020.
    (Live streams are on the Nadeshiko League channel)

[​IMG] In New Zealand, two players from Japan are at Western Springs AFC in the northern league, and they're even quite famous (..on the Nadeshiko forum). I finally got to see their match and a goal last week.
    Rina Hirano, who signed earlier for Inac and did well at Orca Kamogawa, went to NZ for the 2019 season. So did Arisa Takeda, who was last mentioned playing at Japanese 1st division clubs. Hirano played in Australia in 2018, at Bayside United in the Victoria state league.

In 2019 I didn't follow their club but it looks like both players did well individually - Hirano scored twice in a 5-2 win v Glenfield, the eventual runners-up.
    Western Springs finished only 7th of 8 teams in the northern premier division, but they also reached the national Kate Sheppard Cup quarter-final, losing to Hamilton Wanderers.

https://www.sporty.co.nz/firstkicks/newsarticle/78217 (Archive)
    [​IMG]

At the game I saw, Arisa Takeda was one of the best on the field, a right-back who's also responsible for corner-kicks and free-kicks on that side - she hardly made a misstep all match, and she hit Western Springs' only goal with a deflection in a 2-1 loss. Hirano started out as centre-forward, but soon dropped back to AM, which didn't seem to suit her so well.
    I'll tell you if I find out more - this season looks like another relegation battle for the club, and no national cup in 2020 as it was cancelled. Our own @scousekiwi writes the best match reports, including the team's 5 July match. If you're wondering why Hirano and Takeda are only playing in a regional league - there is a national women's league here from September to December, but (I think) it only has NZ players.

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Now, unepomme, remind me again of how the pyramid of the various division will work this season...

3. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    No one knows...

datschge and blissett repped this.
  4. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Iga v INAC..... pictures started on U Tube

Was worried might not be available for Europe

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am relieved that the Shark is starting. I was afraid she could have been still injured. .:)

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  7. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Perhaps not the best of starts for Mina

blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You talk and she scores! :rolleyes::p

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I didn't know there were scheduled hydration breaks.

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Background sound is good, but I have to admit that I would appreciate some comments, even if I understand very few Japanese.

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FT: Iga 0 INAC 1

Well, not the most exciting match in history (although I'll admit I missed some portions of it) but it's nice and good that Nadeshiko League is back (and that INAC wins! :D).

Maybe the other match was more interesting (or at least more funny to watch) since I hear that Urawa is winning by 0-3 vs JEF at half time, with goals by Seike, Naomoto and Sugasawa.

12. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    F.T. Iga 0 INAC 1

NEXT

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    By the way, do we get highlights of the games anywhere? :cautious: (I am aware that we have the full matches on YouTube, but maybe you could want to only watch the signinficant actions of some games).

14. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Naomoto has become really strong.:eek:

blissett repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    One hard year of work in Germany was needed to her. :giggle:

Jokes apart: I am quite sure that the more NT players we send overseas (France, Germany, USA, you name it), the more likely we'll get a generation on the same level as the 2011 World Champions.

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I scoured Nadeshiko League's website, and I found some minor changes in Challenge League (that's anyway scheduled to start quite late in August): apparently NGU Loveledge Nagoya has been moved from West Division to East Division (I assume it geographically makes sense), while relegated Shizuoka Sangyo University Iwata Bonita has changed its old glorious name, turning into something along the lines of Shizuoka SSU Regina (if my translator did well :p).

Since we were talking about Naomoto: after lingering in limbo for some years, Fukuoka J Anclas finally came back to Challenge League. If I remember correctly, it was the club where Hikaru started her career, and she was playing in 1st Division with them in the year of the 2011 World Cup.

17. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Cerezo v Ehime...good viewing....a 0-2 comeback

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  18. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Iga 0-1 Inac (Tanaka)
    Jef (Kamogawa, Ohsawa) 2-4 Urawa (Seike, Naomoto, Sugasawa 2)
    Cerezo (Yakata, Hayashi, Takarada) 3-2 Ehime (Sato, Ueno)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Nittaidai (Mehara) 1-1 Yamato (OG)
    Bunnys (Hayashi) 1-3 Harima (Chiba 3)

blissett repped this.
  19. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Good for you, but not too much for me :p But I think a draw would have been a more fair result, the only problem I see in my Kunoichi is the weak they seem in attack, and that against an oposition like Inac is a great disadvantage.

PS: I watched the game and I sorry to say that I only know a few players on the pitch, and any of them are of Iga, so I want to know if there is some kind of guide like fullbloom to know the players.

blissett repped this.
  20. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I watched this game. Urawa looked good in the first half, and were controlling play with Shibata and Naomoto in midfield. The goals Urawa scored were also very good, but Yamane should have done better with the third goal and she completely bottled the fourth. If she saves the third and fourth goals Jef get a draw. She did make some good saves. Jef were bad in the first half.

But in the second half Jef played much better, because Uruawa got tired and the manager brought on Kamogawa who helped Narumiya in midfield. Last year Jef pressed really well, but they weren't so good in the first half, but they improved in the second half and their first goal came from good pressing.

Seriously, whenever I see Yui Narumiya play, she plays well. She is a very good player in my opinion, but I doubt she will ever get a call up to Nadeshiko. I would like to be proven wrong on that.

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, Sonoko Chiba started the season very well! :eek:

I would like to see Narumiya play to this level with enough continuity to get a call too, but by now I more or less gave up on her. :unsure:

22. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Since they keep the full matches on youtube we can easily share and collect timestamped links (it's a right click away) of all the interesting parts (bonus point for posting them as comment on youtube as well for others to enjoy ;)). As an example here's the build up leading to INAC goal, a failed press by Iga leads to a quick attack: Link https://youtu.be/f2yUno6KnT8?t=5058

Edit: Meh, this board automatically turns it into a media embed that removes the timestamp, so helpful. :rolleyes: Specifically include it as link instead to avoid that.

23. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #548 Lechus7, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    Ehime played really smart for 60 minutes but ulitmatelly run out of fuel in latter parts of 2nd half.
    Behind Cerezo's comeback (among others) are two standing out players: Hayashi and Takarada. They really pushed their teammates for the win. With three other U20 WWC Champions also playing for Cerezo, this club maybe well worth to watch for the future. I wouldn't be surprised if aim in Osaka is to join WE League.

24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I watch this perfectly weighted pass made by Iwabuchi combined with precise timed run by Tanaka and it makes me :D when I think about shape of their on pitch chemistry in NT around next year Olympics.

25. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Mynavi vs Albi 17:00
    Beleza vs Nojima 18:00

Nadeshiko League 2
    Nippatsu vs Orca 15:00
    Nagano vs Chifure 16:00