Official 2020-21 Sand League In Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Hal, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    This is the thread where we discuss things. For example, here we'll help guide Virgin Reality as he makes the corrections to upload his drafted team.

2. Bilbo43

Bilbo43 Member

Liverpool FC
    Australia
    Aug 24, 2020
    I only need to swap in lewis for marcal. If i do that and make no other transfers i should be sweet correct?

3. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    In all my years playing this game, this is the first time this has happened. Between making the trade and executing it on FPL, the game went into update mode..

1. I posted the trade of dropping Alli and adding Jota in the proper BigSoccer thread.
    2. I made the changes in our Sand League spreadsheets.
    3. I made the post in FPL to drop Alli and add Jota and got the message that the game was updating.

The trade did not execute in GW2. I've just resubmitted the trade for GW3. Alli is on my GW2 team, but I've just released him so he's available to others for GW3.

4. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks for the update Hal

5. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Now to my question.

I said I would keep updating the FPL Player Database until the Open window closed.

Has adding new players and deleting those transferred or loaned out of the Premier League been helpful to you?

If you are doing your own spreadsheet, does it matter about updating our shared Google files?

6. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I do appreciate what you have been doing Hal. I would imagine with all the transfer windows now closed it should be unnecessary to keep updating until January.

Bilbo43 repped this.
  7. Bilbo43

Bilbo43 Member

Liverpool FC
    Australia
    Aug 24, 2020
    i have my own spreadsheets but i still use the sandleague one consistently

8. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So many points on my bench [emoji35]

9. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not complaining as Antonio has an assist already but he’s hit the post twice!!

10. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    For better or worse, I've hitched Aviators fortunes this year to the injured superstars. May they all return quickly and reward my patience.

Aguerro, get over your Covid. I've had it, and recovered after a hospital stint, so you can too.

Jota, don't be a ******. Can't use some words any more or I'll get blacklisted for sexism, racism, Marxism, and any other out of favor 'ism.' Get back into training ASAP. Aviators need you.

De Bruyne, sue the ********** that keep assaulting you with high and late tackles. That's the only way the no talent hacks can deal with your Soccer greatness. Sue a few of them and maybe the refs will start protecting you and other superstars from these malicious attacks. Hurry back!

tarvinodos and lobomojo repped this.
  11. Bilbo43

Bilbo43 Member

Liverpool FC
    Australia
    Aug 24, 2020
    I think aguero is lucky to pick up 10 starts for the rest of the season

12. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee