Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    HS10Legend and blissett repped this.
  2. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

University Championship semi-final

Teikyo Heisei 0-4 Nittaidai
    Himeji Dokkyo 1-2 Waseda

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  3. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  4. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Transfer News (6):

Tanaka Momoko (Beleza - Yamato) with a limited term (~December 31 this year):
    Nagano Fuka (Korean Team - Chifure)
    Endo Jun (JFA - Beleza)

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nanami Kitamura's call probably means that we need more depth for the Full Back position, especially now that Hikari Takagi retired. She was anyway brilliant at U-20 WWC.

Well, some other interesting new names, not all expected for sure: Nittaidai's Risako Oga, Nojima's Arisa Matsubara, Mayu Ikejiri (her scoring record of course give her exposure, despite the fact that's been made in Challenge League + Division 2) and Rikako Kobayashi, who, now that she's healthy, could confirm the brilliance she showed at U-17 WWC 2014.

Not surprised at all to see other U-20 Champions back in the pool: Moeka Minami, Fuka Nagano, Hinata Miyazawa, Riko Ueki and Jun Endo. This last one, in particular, has played U-20 WWC with the confidence of a senior veteran!

Of course, Mizuho Sakaguchi is back too right away, now that she recovered from her longtime injury. We'll have to get used again to referring to the full Sakaguchi Miz. and Sakaguchi Moe. when we are writing here. :p

Interesting that some players who have played with "A-team" last season were regressed to "Challenge Team" at this round: Rin Sumida (maybe she wasn't wrong in looking for more playing time in Vegalta?) and Rika Masuya.

Other U-20 Champions here, of course: Hannah Stambaugh, Asato Miyagawa, Honoka Hayashi, Saori Takarada.

Arisa Minamino finds a place here, along with Mai Kyokawa, who was in a good position in the seasonal-scorers' rankings too.

The name that surprised me the most was the third GK that was called along with quite predictable Stambaugh and Matsumoto: Chifure AS Elfen Saitama's GK Natsumi Asano. I don't follow Division 2 enough to actually be able to gauge the potential of the GKs playing there. :coffee:

Manchester Nadeshiko and HS10Legend repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Interesting: she prefers a Division 2 team to proceeding with the overseas adventure? :cautious:

Maybe she didn't convince in South Korea and the club wanted to waive her? Or maybe it's something tied to the WWC and the chance that she can make the roster (it would be easier to do that and to manage the season in a Japanese team)?

Anyway, I now see Saitama very well positioned for promotion, although it should be a close fight with Cerezo.

Also very interesting. And sheds even more light on Sumida's trasfer. :coffee: I wonder how much playing time she will manage to get, but Beleza look even more deep and more un-beatable, now that they put their hands on yet another one of the best young talents around.

Manchester Nadeshiko and HS10Legend repped this.
  7. HS10Legend

HS10Legend Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Germany
    Club:
    NTV Beleza
    Players missing: Hirao, Kumagai, Kawasumi, Iwabuchi, Tanaka

The positive about Takakuras selection is, that it shows her willingness to go through all of the options she has, to make the best possible decision for the upcoming World Cup :giggle:

Aya Sameshima will most certainly play her last World Cup, so Takakura is
    already looking for options to replace her. And in this regard Kitamura might be
    the biggest hope for the National Team. She is a player with great technical and tactical abilities but she has also a lot of speed and endurance.
    Actually she looks like the left back version of Shimizu to me :whistling:

I'm very happy that she is back in Japan, but you would think that a player of her caliber should play for one of the title contenders and not in second division :unsure:

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kumagai, Iwabuchi and Tanaka are of course lock-in for WWC, so Takakura probably didn't called them because she wants to try something different (in Saki's case, it's very possible that OL didn't want to release her, as she did in the past). I'd say Kawasumi should probably be in Takakura's plans as well, as indicated by the fact that she asked to leave Seattle Reign FC to get playing time for the World Cup: this should mean that she probably had a conversation with Takakura and that the coach gave her at the very least a chance, if not actual go-ahead signs.

About Hirao, I am not completely sold on the idea that GK's line-up for WWC is already finalized: Yamashita should be in no matter what, Ikeda will probably make it too. The three calls made by Takakura at this round mean that she is open to the possibility of bringing a different 3rd GK to France. It's also a question of the level of performance that GKs will show in the upcoming season. :coffee:

Talking about that, I wonder if anything is happening behind the scenes about Yuki Nagasato. Does Takakura's "willingness to go through all of the options she has" could somehow include her? :cautious:

HS10Legend repped this.
  9. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    If this list is anything to go by Nojima will not have one Nadeshiko representative at the world cup. Matsubara is a good player, but she is not even Nojima's best midfielder. I can only surmise that she has been chosen because she is tall.

Nagano to a second division team. Nojima would have used her. She is still young, but it might be good for her. It is still hard to imagine her going to the world cup if she is playing for a second division team. Maybe she is thinking about her long term future? It would not surprise me if she moved to Europe.

I think more Nadeshiko League players should move there.

blissett repped this.
  10. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

University Championship final
    Nittaidai 1-0 Waseda

KAPIJXM, Lechus7, ManiacMunkie and 2 others repped this.
  11. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As nice as that would be, but are Nadeshiko League players needed or wanted in Europe? The talent pool is rather large without the need to import players from abroad. And those who went and got decent playtime had already proven to be useful internationally. Ando, Sameshima, Utsugi, Iwabuchi, Kumagai, Nagasato - they all had already WC experience when they moved to Europe. The few that only had league experience didn’t get to play much or ended up in obscure bottom-of-the barrel teams.

unepommekun repped this.
  12. Grampus

Grampus Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Another player not on the lists is Naomoto (presumably because of club commitments). I am not sure if her spell in Europe is helping her chances of making the World Cup.

I think that the lists show that there is plenty of strength in depth, but maybe not enough World Class players.

It will be interesting what squad is taken to the US. Is this still a time for experimenting or should Takakura be settling on her final squad?

blissett repped this.
  13. Bop N Cool

Bop N Cool Member

マイナビ仙台レディース
    Mar 18, 2012
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    If you know a link to Naomi Osaka’s game at Australian Open, I would appreciate it.

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not sure what Hikaru Naomoto is doing right now, in fact, but I don't think Frauen-Bundesliga has resumed yet after the winter break. :coffee:

Meanwhile Aussie W-League is fully underway instead:

- Yukari Kinga scored a brace (the first goal being a penalty) in a Melbourne City's 4-0 home win vs Newcastle Jets. City are now tied with Perth Glory at 4th place of the league, but they have played one more game than the rival, so the play-off keeps being out of their hands at the moment.
    Highlights: https://www.w-league.com.au/match/m...s-women-w-league-20-01-2019/1022495#!/lineups

- Brisbane Roar lost an home game vs Sydney FC by 1-3, but they anyway remain at 3rd place that at the moment grants them the play-off. Yuki Nagasato played the whole match.
    Highlights: https://www.w-league.com.au/match/b...c-women-w-league-19-01-2019/1022494#!/lineups

unepommekun repped this.
  15. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Speaking of Australia, what effect do you think the sacking of coach Alen Stajcic will have on the Matildas' prospects in the WWC (and indeed AFC)? (The fact that no one seems to know quite exactly why he was fired adds to the sense of disquiet).

16. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I think that Japanese attacking, central and defensive midfielders are some of the best in the world. They are technically very good and also great passers. I believe they could be used in a fast physical league to great effect. They can be used to hold up play or move the ball on to faster players in space.

Also, now with Mycujoo they (Nadeshiko League players) actually have a source which they can edit and use to sell themselves to prospective clubs. Part of the problem before was that there was no coverage for Japanese players, so European and American clubs have generally only taken established international players, because they could not actually see what the Nadeshiko League was like or if there were any good players.

Of course you are right that many players do end up in lower leagues. But is that so bad? These young women have an opportunity to play football and live in another country. How cool is that!

I think sometimes Japanese people can be a little bit too insular and stay in the confines of Japan because it is "safe". I completely understand it, but it is also good to be bold. This is why I really respect the players (particularly the ones at overseas lower clubs) who head overseas.

17. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Transfer news (6):

Morita Yukari (Nittaidai - Nojima)
    Ohga Risako (Nittaidai - Nojima)
    Uemura Shoko (Nittaidai - Urawa)
    Tajiri Yumi (Nojima - Inac)

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #93 blissett, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    Quite interesting, considering that she's been called by Takakura for the next camp. :coffee: I wonder if Nojima will manage to do better than 2018 season or if someohow they peaked, as Nagano did some seasons ago.

Well, she scored a lot in lower divisions and she kept scoring some goals in Division 1 also, although not as much as before. She probably deserves a chance in a bigger club like Urawa (I wonder, though, if she's been signed to be a starter or if she will see the bench a lot; I hope the former).
    If I remember well, Uemura had scored a lot of goals in one of Nadeshiko Japan's record-wins (not sure at wich level: maybe U-23? I should try to retrieve this piece of info).

On the other hand, I wonder if Nittaidai aren't depleting their team: how are they supposed to stay in Division 1, next season, with all of these players leaving? :cautious: Or are they even accepting the idea of going back to Division 2?
    Not only these three players left, but also Hikari Hirata did (the other "big scorer" of the team, alongside Uemura; she went to Nojima too: some strong connection between the wo teams). And, despite losing all of these names, I don't remember any significant signings from Nittaidai... o_O

unepommekun repped this.
  19. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I agree from the “get-out-and-experience-the-world” point of view. Many more people - not just Japanese - would benefit from longer stays abroad. Opens the mind...

Unfortunately the lower leagues might not benefit young players. Let’s face it, even the lower half of many women’s leagues are not very good. Mönchengladbach was beaten badly by Japan‘s U-20 in 2016. Those women were 1. Liga. But maybe that was an exception...

blissett and KAPIJXM repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In fact Borussia Mönchengladbach so far has looked more hopeless than any Frauen-Bundesliga's team has ever been (and, apart from her current injury, I am not sure how much Keiko Kodama could actually benefit from playing there), so it could very well be en exception, but I've got the feeling that in general the quality of German League is slightly declining these days, maybe in favour of other European Leagues (England?).

#5nadeshikofan repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kakeru, unepommekun and #5nadeshikofan repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Manchester Nadeshiko and frideswide repped this.
  23. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    9th April Germany vs. Japan friendly

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The picture with Sawa and Kawasumi challenging (I guess) Maroszan was priceless! :)

Since there was the World Cup badge on our jerseys, it has to be pre-2015: an Algarve Cup match? In which year were we wearing those kits with pink borders? Was it probably Algarve Cup final from 2014? It couldn't have been the 2012 final, because I had been in Algarve back then and Sawa wasn't playing, probably because she was injured (in fact I don't have her autograph :(), and I don't seem to remember those particular jerseys.
    We met Germany in 2013 also, a friendly match in Munich, but I don't think it can be that match either: I was there in that occasion also (along with @#5nadeshikofan :)), the Allianz Arena was full of supporters and, in the background of the photo, I seem to see an almost-empty stadium instead (typical Algarve!).

What do you say people? Am I right in identifying that match with the Algarve Cup Germany-Japan final from 2014?

#5nadeshikofan repped this.
  25. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #100 #5nadeshikofan, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    This is a game played in the sun during the day. Munich was late afternoon, grey and it was raining. They finally played under floodlights....

blissett repped this.