Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    EAFF E1

Program started on Fuji TV.....Sawa etc

2. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    do we have any links?

3. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    [​IMG]

Tanaka - Momiki
    Ikejiri - Sugita - Miura - Nakajima
    Endo - Miyake - Minami - Miyagawa
    Yamashita

[​IMG]

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  4. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Fuji TV on AQ Stream

5. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thanks!

6. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Ikejeri should feel right at home with this one

blissett repped this.
  7. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    EAFF E1

H.T. Japan 0 Korea Rep 0

Few goal scoring opportunities so far....imo think we're being a bit too elaborate in the final third

(lot more direct play in the China game)

8. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    She's been terrible though. The ball doesn't really stick with her and now every first touch is very negative.

9. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I guess this tournament is Tanaka's last chance if she had any. But I don't think she made any impact. If everyone is fit, I don't think she'll be in the squad.

Momiki still remains as just a luxury player. When everything is going well for the team, she looks great. With two of our creative players are missing, more is expected from her. She is more involved after she was moved to centre instead of Ikejiri. Hopefully she produce something in the second half.

blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Sugasawa didn't deliver at WWC although she had play with team for years. Imo Tanaka needs more matches in NT to be as effective as she is for Beleza.

11. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

;)

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  12. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    EAFF E1 Champs

F.T. Japan 1 Korea Rep 0...Momiki (pen)

First impressions...very disappointed with our performance today after our performances in the two previous games
    Looked more like one of those 'where are the goals gonna come from' games we got used to watching
    Won because of a Saki type penalty but I suppose a win is a win.

13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    They did it, they won thier toughest game and done it without players like Iwabuchi, Hasegawa, Shimizu, Sameshima or Kumagai.
    It wasn't preatty with so many chnages to the team and Koreans did put up a good fight but none the less - the last 20 minutes was all Japan and they did find the way to score.
    match MVP for me: Minami, (Miyake also wasn't bad considering she almost didn't play this year)
    Nakajima looked tired.

Attached Files:

14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Meet the torchbearers: :)

1206905918186835968 is not a valid tweet id

Manchester Nadeshiko and KAPIJXM repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Apart from injuries, I guess no team in this tournament have actually been at 100%, because of the fact that (not being in a FIFA window, I suppose), not all overseas clubs released their players: for instance, I see Korea hadn't Ji So-Yun, that I suppose was in England with Chelsea.

Since all of the matches were on the morning here in Europe, I missed all of them live. :(

I am anyway happy that we won the tournament (and this is consistent with our dominance in Asia in the latest years, including AFC Asian Cup, Asian Games and many youth tournaments).

As @Lechus7 pointed out, we were missing too many players to post a very good performance: there is a limit to the number and quality of players that you can do without, and losing Hasegawa and Iwabuchi, who had arguably been our best players in this tournament so far, was the last straw.

I didn't watch the game (I'll try to do later), so I can't judge the performance, but the silver lining was that we anyway won the game despite missing so many key-players. :)

Lechus7 repped this.
  16. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Above should have read......very disappointed with our attacking performance etc etc....my mistake

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  18. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Kumi Yokoyama on Washington Spirit wishlist...

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nice! Exactly what she needs to raise up her game again, after the quite sad end of the season with Nagano! :)

20. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Hikaru Naomoto will leave SC Freiburg

1207179615279566849 is not a valid tweet id

21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, it was more or less written on the wall, since she wasn't playing anymore, not even as a sub. Wonder if she was still recovering from an injury, but anyway Freiburg didn't look like the right place for her.
    I suppose she's done for the 2019-2020 Bundesliga season and she's going to get back in Japan or in another "solar year" league.

Is it mentioned if she's going to get back at Urawa?

I like the "Energizer Bunny" nickname. :giggle: Seriously, at 35 she remains one of our most high-profile internationals.

I have to wonder if North Korea will show up for the Olympic qualifier. Anyway, they could be quite rusty, after so much time without an high level match... :cautious:

Oh, well, it's non a Japan's problem, after all, this time around! :p

23. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The German text says she is leaving because she wants to play in the Olympics and needs more playtime which she didn't get. It does not say where is is going to in Japan.

24. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I finally watched the highlights. That penalty! That was a joke. If the roles were reversed nobody would be happy with that being given. Defender's arm by her side being hit by a ball kicked from close range. It is only the East Asian competition so it does not matter that much.

If you take Iwabuchi and Hasegawa out of the team a lot of other players do not look quite so good. But let us be honest, South Korea are pretty solid in defence and would have been difficult to break down with Iwabuchi and Hasegawa. Also there are some players who are probably pretty tired. No Ueki as well.

It looks like Takakura went with a 4-4-2. I can kind of understand it, but I would have liked to see a three woman midfield. But she tried a few different things, which I think is fine for this tournament.

I am not a huge fan of Mina Tanaka, but I think while she continues to score goals at club level she should be picked for the national squad. I believe that people who play well at club level at the highest level in their country should be rewarded.

This is also why I was surprised to see Hayashi and Ueno in the squad.

As for the experiments at the back...I will pass judgement when they play against somebody good. But they are all gaining experience, which is a good thing.

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.