Official: 2019 LA Galaxy II Season

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by LEM-LAG, Jan 5, 2019.

1. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    New thread for the new G2 season. Following two disappointing years, we can hope Los Dos will be interesting again with DTK impulse. Maybe some players will be useful for the first team one day...

Only one move announced so far : midfielder Adrian Vera has signed a new contract with G2.

Opener is March, 9th, at home against the Colorado Switchbacks.

2. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Dr.Phil, Baysider and TrickHog repped this.
  3. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I'm not shocked by who's leaving, all these guys had little chance to reach the first team. As I said in my 2018 review, I don't understand we gave Eric Lopez's minutes to Hamilton.

Not convinced by Shultz. We also have a lot of LBs, it can mean one of them will play in another spot (maybe Fiddes, but I fear it could be Traore, who's better at LB than CB IMO). Vera and Acheampong have been average at best.

Players to follow next year as it stands : Traore, Eric Lopez, and Zubak. Hopefuly Arellano will play a lot of minutes too.

Even if we have Araujo and Hernandez-Foster in the Academy, I hope at least our first two picks tomorrow will be defenders.

The Cadaver and TrickHog repped this.
  4. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    So, we passed on all of our draft picks today, which suggests we didn't even want to draft some roster filler to stash with the GIIs. We have 9 GII players currently on the roster. Assume the 2 players the Galaxy drafted last week will either sign with the GIIs or be with them on a year-long loan. That gives us 11. Any thoughts on where the other 6-7 players on the roster will come from (I expect we'll still have Galaxy senior roster players who play with the GIIs as well, including Vom Steeg, Hillard-Arce, Arellano and perhaps Jamieson and Alvarez on occasion)? I'm assuming we'll bring in at least a few South Americans since we have 7 int'l roster slots and I think we've only used 3 (Traore, Acheampong, and Lopez).

5. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was my first thought.

I hope this season Lopez can secure the #1 as his

TrickHog repped this.
  6. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    TrickHog repped this.
  7. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    TrickHog repped this.
  9. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    TrickHog repped this.
  10. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
  11. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    All these signings with G2 - does this signal an intent by DTK to actually pay and build a good development squad? If this is true it could really pay off in a few years.

TrickHog repped this.
  12. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don’t know. It seems like we brought in two players who were dropped from other academies and a college player who has no mls future at his position.

FlapJack repped this.
  13. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I think it signals that we have a gap in our development pipeline and they're trying to plug that gap by taking some fliers on potential lottery tickets while they rebuild the Academy and wait for the next group to be ready.

FlapJack repped this.
  14. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for your opinions, guys. That’s why I asked

15. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TrickHog repped this.
  16. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    The Cadaver, Baysider and Dr.Phil repped this.
  17. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    2-1 loss against Fresno in a friendly last week. Hugo Arellano was the goalscorer. Romero and Lopez shared the GK duty.

TrickHog repped this.
  18. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  19. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is interesting he parted ways with Real Monarchs in Sept

“As a club, we can’t thank Gally enough for his contributions the last two seasons,” Egner said. “He’s always been professional in his approach, and we felt this was the right thing to do in order for him to pursue some new opportunities outside of soccer. We wish him nothing but the best as he moves on.”
    https://www.rsl.com/post/2018/09/17/real-monarchs-slc-mutually-part-ways-michael-gallagher

20. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    1098003161128808448 is not a valid tweet id

Carlos Harvey, new panamanian international defender, is apparently on his way to G2. Rumor is a few weeks old. Ernesto Walker, another panamanian international (CM) is also rumored to join LA.

TrickHog repped this.
  21. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2019/...la-galaxy-ii-secure-win-over-orange-county-sc

1-0 win against Orange County. Goal from Zubak.

Brian Iloski played in this game, as did Ernesto Walker (see my post above).

Defense could be really interesting with Lopez and Romero in goal, Araujo on the right, Gallagher and Arellano in the middle, and Hernandez-Foster (and maybe Traore) on the left (not counting the young Harvey and Requejo). Exciting.

Also, Harvey's club (Tauro FC) tweeting this :

TrickHog repped this.
  22. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    TrickHog repped this.
  23. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I really enjoy the direction Los Dos is going. It's clear that DTK is using his connections in Central America to bring in young players. It's a great way to develop and discover talent without risking too much with the first time.

Hypothetically we find a gem that can make a real contribute to the first team, he'll already affiliated with the Galaxy and be part of the way through the process of becoming a domestic player so they don't take up an international spot.

Imagine being able to find a 19 year old Panamanian right back whose as good as Feltcher and only have to pay him a fraction of the salary and after a season or two he won't take up an international spot.

We can dream right!?

TrickHog, The Cadaver and LEM-LAG repped this.
  24. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I believe DTK spoted Walker and Harvey during U-20 game Panama - Mexico last November. Walker had a brace.

TrickHog repped this.
  25. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is this weird feeling I have as I watch our GM develop a long-term plan for developing talent at the club.....

.... is it..... hope?!?