Official: 2018 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think Sigi sees Lletget as a CM, but Lletget is not a DM. He needs to be the box to box guy which is the role JDS plays.

2. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is my thought; we shall see.

If we play a 4-3-3, I think Lletget can play one side and Jona on the other, with a DM between.

WarGalaxy, luigi-55 and TrickHog repped this.
  3. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was my thought, bring in a target forward and a true D-Mid, and we could play a 4-3-3 like this---

-----Gio-----------New9-------Alessandrini
    ------------Lletget--------Jona
    --------------------New6
    Cole-----Skjelvik---??????-----????
    --------------------?????

4. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lletget is not a wide player in the schemes that Sigi tends to play. LA needs an offensive upgrade and depth from the wide areas if they are going to be a top tier team in 2018. They got very little chance creating as far as combining or more important, crossing the ball from Ema. Good player just too one dimensional.

IBarra will improve on both those areas plus he is a 90 min high work rate player while Ema noticeably slows down after 65.

I would think Ibarra gets the start at AML while Ema stays as depth/ 70 minute sub against tired legs.

TrickHog and Dr.Phil repped this.
  5. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Possibly, on the other hand he may have been told that he was in the club's plans for next year.

For me this speaks to the whole MLS doesn't pay its players squat feeling. I really wouldn't have a lot of sympathy for highly paid players in any sport, but Rowe, like many MLS players, has had pretty close to an everyday salary for his career. To me this is like when a company moves albeit my guess is that many/most companies treat their employees better.

6. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just feels like you have a lot of assumptions in there.

All the best to Rowe though. I’d have been ok keeping him as a backup.

7. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    We wouldn't know if Ema slows down after 65 minutes because he always gets subbed off.

If we went into the season with Alessendrini, Ema, BJIV, and Ibarra as our wide players, I'd be happy.

hav77 and The Cadaver repped this.
  8. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    With the market what it is in LA he can rent it, take the mortgage interest deduction and break even, maybe even turn a small profit. Spend the $800 to become an LLC, write off every little expense on the house. New paint? Write off. Flight back to LA to “check in” on the property? Write off. Annual depreciation? Write off. I wouldn’t worry about Rowe, if he’s moderately smart or has someone working for him, he‘s going to do just fine.

9. Galactican

Galactican New Member

LA Galaxy
    Mexico
    Jun 1, 2017
    Agree

TOAzer repped this.
  10. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Rowe goes to Whitecaps

But we are barred from signing Ousted with TAM.

What should have been a simple player-for-player swap gets messed up because of over complicated MLS rues.

And if anyone still thinks the league bends over backwards to help LAG they must be buying San Jose tin foil hats by the gross.

73Bruin repped this.
  11. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    You of course are assuming that the house is just Rowe's alone. That may be right and I have no knowledge of his personal life, other than it was once reported that he had a girl friend. However, your analysis is flawed if Rowe co-owns the house with someone who may be expecting to live in it. My point is just his situation is not like someone who has been making in the mid six figures and up who can probably handle a relocation. At 29 his situation is quite possible similar to someone whose job was relocated to another country without his consent and where there is no possibility of finding a similar job where he resides.

12. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Need more signings.

Need Less concern about homeowners in a strong housing market.

GalaxyOne, patopreto, JPAR and 5 others repped this.
  13. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha. He blocked me, too, when I kept calling him a cheat/diver.

Dr.Phil repped this.
  14. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    You make Jermaine Jones argument about Galaxy fans true. You care for the Galaxy players convinces me that fans like you deserve players like Gio.

15. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give me a break. You really think any player on the worst team in the league and the worst team in Galaxy history should feel entitled to assuming job security going into next season? Especially a player who was previously the starter and then benched most of the season?

Common sense man.

And by the way, JJ (like SG before him) didn’t earn squat from Galaxy fans. You have to give something to get something in return.

16. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They certainly did. But there are prettier girls in LA to focus on now.

17. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Apparently we are zeroing in on a new striker, and rumors of us getting Pato have come out because Jonathan Dos Santos posted on snapchat.

Pato is doing pretty well in China, but why would he leave? He is making €6million there, and we can't pay him anything near that. We'd have to pay him 1/6 of that.

TrickHog repped this.
  18. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I haven't seen any rumors about us and Pato, but id imagine if it were true, he may be possibly forced out my his club so they can sign another "bigger" name. I believe each team in the Chinese Super Liga can only have 3 foreign players.

19. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assuming he's actually getting paid

20. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would it be legal for the China club, in order to get a bigger name, to agree to pay a portion of his salary in order to get a club to take him off their hands?

21. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  22. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TrickHog repped this.
  24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Cole, Ciani, Skjelvik, Steres, Romney, and Fletscher.

I am still not convinced, but it seems like that will likely be our defenders for next season.

Pele is apparently still training with us, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him resign with us sometime next season.

25. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Where did you see this?

I hope we're not finished with the defense, I would sign AJ + a LB for depth + Jefrey Payeras.