Official 2018 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    As soon as location is known I will mention it. best to go to these games is to fly to Nantes or Rennes. They will take place 04 April and 07 April and it is likely for them to be played at one of the U20 World Cup ground.

Manchester Nadeshiko and unepomme repped this.
  2. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Youth Championship highlight:

3. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result:

High School Tournament semifinal:
    Sakuyo 1-1 (PK 5-4) Fukui
    Daisho 0-2 Fujieda Junshin

Youth Championship:
    Cerezo 5-0 Sfida Setagaya
    Albi 0-4 Urawa
    Jef 6-0 Vicsale Okinawa
    Nagoya 0-6 Menina

Each of Takarada, Ueki and Ichinose scored a hat trick.

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Don't remember about Ichinose: where does she play?

5. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    This is the second time.

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, this is a serious mistake by my part, because her prettiness factor is very high!!! :oops:

Hope she doesn't become my "new Sonoda". :p

7. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    High Shool Champs...
    Fukui.....semi final....worst game in the world to lose....shame ...after watching all their games so far I think maybe Junshin--Fukui would have made a good final.
    Fukui No9...one headed goal and another near miss header in 2nd half plus all her tireless work tracking back to defend...she deserved an appearence in a final...but hey ho..that's football.
    What's her name unepomme?
    One more game and we won't have to watch that bloody Romeo and Juliet advertisement...EVER AGAIN!

Youth Champs...
    Menina.....mini "Green Machine"....or will they be stopped?

unepomme and blissett repped this.
  8. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Kobayashi Kazune - many would admit that she was the most outstanding player in this competition, but some unreliable rumor says that she would quit playing football after graduation.:cry:

I think Cerezo is the favorite, but the last four teams may have almost the same possibilities.

9. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    By the way, the last year Kanto League rankings:
    1 Waseda
    2 Menina
    3 Jef U-18
    4 Kanagawa University
    5 Urawa Youth

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, sounds like it's a quite tough league, compared to others in the rest of Japan! :giggle:

11. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  12. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    According to another source, Kobayashi (#9) and Murakami (#11) will keep playing soccer in some university.:unsure:

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #38 blissett, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Wow, many new (and young!) names! :geek:
    Takakura surely wants to give a look at what U-17 can offer to Senior Team, in prospect. I am not surprsed that it was Miyagawa's and Miyazawa's first call; I am somehow amazed that it's first call for Ueki too, because I basically already look her as an "established" player and I had the feeling that she could have been called for a camp before.
    I don't know much about Konomi Taniguchi, instead, apart from the fact that, in the season that just finished, she (uselessly) tried alone to keep Konomiya Speranza Osaka Takatsuki alive. If you remember, I had already noticed that, out of 11 Speranza's goals in Division 2, Taniguchi scored 8. o_O Out of 3 goals scored by Speranza in Nadeshiko League Cup Div. 2, she scored 2. So, basically she scored alone 71% of the goals of her team (10 out of 14)! :eek: Considering that her team looked really hopeless this season, and couldn't support her much for sure, her record seems even more impressive. Ok, despite that, Speranza made just 3 points in 18 games :confused:. But I guess Taniguchi did indeed deserve a good, accurate look. I am a little surprised that this happens directly at Senior level (or, at least, I don't remember much about her in youth teams). For sure, she makes me curious.
    Also, I see that she's now listed as a Bunnys Kyoto SC's member, so she's going to keep playing in Division 2 next season, with the newly promoted team! :)

Of course, I assume that clubs from overseas didn't want to release their players, since I see no trace of Kumagai, Yokoyama, Utsugi (and possibly Yamane).
    Young Matsumoto apparently is reinforcing her position as third GK.

Had Shimizu been injured last time around? Anyway, now she's back.

But there is another very important name who's back: Saori Ariyoshi!!! :geek: Manchester Nadeshiko, do you remember when we saw her on crutches, in Algarve, back in March 2017? Ten months have passed, but she's finally back where she belongs.I hope she's fit enough to resume taking control of Right-Back position.

Another name that's back is Rika Masuya: I am slightly surprised, given the mediocre 2017 season she had. But the sheer number of FWs that Takakura called seems to indicate that she wants to try all of the options available to try and resolve the scoring problem afflicting our team, that's surely a worry in Takakura's mind.

Any news (or videos! :geek:) coming from this camp will be appreciated! Where does it take place?

14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  15. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Welcome to our first visit of 2018 toTakakuraland!
    Has my copy got a misprint......where's Sakaguchi?
    On the subject of the youngsters..........where's Fuka Nagano? (great to see Hinata Miyazawa on the list)
    On the subject of Rika Masuya ...........why?

Great to see Saori Arioshi back (yes bliss)...hope we see Yuri Kawamura back before too long.

Unepomme...do think there's any chance of tomorrows Youth Champs semi's being shown anywhere?

dakota701, unepomme and blissett repped this.
  16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I like the notion of a cross between Miyagawa and Miyazawa! :laugh:

Oh my! I had so much took for granted her presence, that I had actually missed her absence!!! :eek::oops:

Well, not sure how to explain it, unless she's injured. Or this is really a sort of "school camp", as Lechus7 put it... :cautious:

Yes, she would have been my first choice of a young player as a NT prospect also (along with Ueki, actually).

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  17. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Good memory!
    Yes, she had broken a clavicle, but she appeared both in the semi and final of Empress's Cup with bolting it.

blissett repped this.
  18. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I don't think there is any chance.
    One of the reason would be that the scale of the competition is very low; in fact the gaps between top 4 and others are huge.

Many think that youth top 4 players' level is rather higher than the high school players' one, but it is easy for TV stations to air the high school tournaments as a drama because Japan has a long history of such ones, for example high school male baseball or soccer championships.

19. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    She played full in the quarter final of Empress's Cup, but was not even on the bench in the semi, so maybe injured.

blissett repped this.
  20. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Curious.
    When I was searching just now for this season bundesliga assist count (without success) it came out that in 2016/2017 season the assist leader in Frauenbundesliga was....Yuki Nagasato with 5 assists.

Come to think of it...arguably two strongest leagues on both sides of the pond, two Japanese assist leaders in there, Kawasumi and Nagasato (Nagasato managed even to get few more assist in NWSL same season)
    and none of those two in Takakura phonebook anymore...o_O

22. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My assumption is that Nagasato simply doesn't want to play for Takakura or JFA. Kawasumi might be the same for a different reason - maybe it is too stressful. Plus - she accomplished an important goal already. But...where is Miyabi Moriya?

23. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Takakura's phonebook....bad move by Ogimi to decline call up for last years Algarve Cup especially after being sent off with the skippers armband early in the new reign (shame..it was a bad decision ....Julie Johnson theatricals and the ref fell for it)...Almost left Takakura with no alternative.....would have set a bad precedent....

As for Kawasumi....wouldn't be surprised if she is still a N.T. topic of coversation this time next year.

blissett repped this.
  24. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  25. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result:

Youth Championship semifinal:

Cerezo 0-0 (PK 7-6) Urawa
    Jef 1-1 (PK 6-5) Menina