Official 2018 J1 Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Radu Razvan, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who will win the title?

Poll closed Feb 27, 2018.
  1. Kawasaki

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kashima

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Urawa

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Cerezo

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Reysol

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Other (name it)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Cerezo drew 1-1 vs Marinos, but had more than enough chances to win and were the best team out there.

I'm not one to usually go after match officials, but the 2 linesmen in the Cerezo-match were horrible. Called off several offsides that wasn't even close, including one for Cerezo at 0-0 that would have been an early contender for goal of the season. Any well-trained linesman shall be able to see that that is not offside, and there was a couple of incidents on the other end of the pitch as well. In this case, most of the decisions went against Cerezo, but it could just as easily happen to other teams. The standard of refereeing in J.League is actually quite good, so hopefully we will not see this too often.

Samurai Warrior and Majster2 repped this.
  2. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    You mean Kakitani's goal? Yeah, that was a big blunder. But scoring to an empty net shouldn't be considered as best goal of the season. Especially after bulid up like that. It was atrocious 40th birthday game for Nakazawa as well.
    Yeah, and 17 years old Keito (what the hell name is that btw?) Nakamura played entered the pitch later on the game. Seems like Nagoya will be a team to watch this year.

3. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    It was the build-up, and the delicate one-touch passing that led to Kakitani having an open goal ahead of him that was impressive, not Kakitani's finish itself=) Cerezo scored a similar goal last year, and it's a joy to watch when it clicks like that.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  4. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Team of the week for him, but it's seems it was a right-back, which is much more impressive having in mind how tall he is.

https://www.footballchannel.jp/2018/02/26/post258060/

[​IMG]

5. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thanks. I didn't watch the match so I just assumed he was CB.

6. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He played as a CB and had a cross from the right that Chong Tese almost scored from.

Dax repped this.
  7. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Chanathip scored... with a header! Fantastic game tonight vs Cerezo and Consadole. All 3 goals from Consadole came from headers, and they even had a 4th (also header) disallowed for offside.

8. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I meant RB.

Anyhow, he scored today.

@Dax I do not know what you have against him, but in all of the occasions I watched him, he fares well and stable at the CB position. Now with Johnson playing him at the RB position. he offers flexibility as he can switch anytime -for tactical reasons and needs- between these two position.

... and he is still 19 (will become 20 this summer), so all what I see in him is a promising prospect.

9. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Shimizu just defeated Kobe at Kobe 2-4, with young guns like Kaneko, Kitagawa, Tatsuta and Ishige combined playing role in all of Shimizu's 4 goals.

Even though I did not watch the match, but from statistics Kobe had more ball possession (62%), and shots (19-6). Hence, I assume that Shimizu depended on counter-attacks and utilise them perfectly.

nipponbasse83 and Radu Razvan repped this.
  10. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Tatsuta's goal:

969867764868423681 is not a valid tweet id

11. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    (@Saku² 's) favourite player has just scored Nagasaki's second goal against Tosu in Kyushu derby.

HT: V-Varen Nagasaki 2-0 Sagan Tosu.

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I saw him just in three occasions: 1)His matches in Levin cup last season, where he was bad 2) Toulon, where he was bad in general and conceded a silly penalty 3) the recent tourney with the NT where he was better.
    But I have nothing against him, with the physical tools that he has he could easily be the next Yoshida on paper...

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    19 years old, Daxoletto.
    (and he wasn't bad in Toulon, just conceded that stupid penalty)

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That doesn't really mean much. Tomiyasu is younger yet you can see easily the potential...

15. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Culpi doing his best to get sacked.
    Appreciate playing the youngsters but...

17. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Was surprised he even came back to Japan. I remembered he left Cerezo in 2013 because he wanted to be close to his family or he was homesick. Cerezo played beautiful football back then.

18. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Chanatip is fantastic, not only because scored another headed goal deep in injury time, but the assist for Bothroyd at the first goal was brilliant. Great guy as well.

nipponbasse83 repped this.
  19. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    In the meanwhile Urawa lost again, while Gamba secured their first J-League point after coming from 0-2 against Kashiwa to draw 2-2 at their home stadium.

Gamba and Urawa are occupying the last two places in the league table.

20. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Wow, Kawasaki didn't receive a single vote in the poll? I think they have a good chance to win again.

21. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Absolutely brilliant. He's been linked to Leicester, and at this rate I actually think he could contribute for them as well.

Consadole is a joy to watch this season, their quick turn-overs with Chanathip, Miyoshi and Komai who can outpace pretty much any player in J1 are amazing, and they put the physical strength and size of Jay (and also Tokura when he is playing) to great use up front. Their defending and central midfield still leaves a bit to be desired though, especially when Miyazawa is not playing (currently injured).

22. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adailton out for six months with a right anterior crucial ligament fracture and meniscus injury. That.....hurt just reading it and could hurt Jubilo a bit.

23. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Yuma Suzuki is an interesting player imo. If he can improve on his dribbling and ball control, maybe he can make it in Europe, hopefully as a CF since Japan lack players in this position.

Whispered11 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  24. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ... and Kashima is first Japanese team to qualify to the 2018 ACL knockout stages (Cerezo almost there).
    Let's see what Kashiwa will do tomrrow (Kawasaki is virtually out).

25. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Don't have much hope in Kashiwa imo, of course not writing them out but surprised that they lost to Kitchee, should have at least been a draw. Their defense is also in shambles, don't understand how they can concede three goals after two goals up. They have been conceding after taking the lead many time this season, they need to do something about it. Nakayama should be switched to DM soon, his defensive instinct ain't that good and it is a waste of his ball-playing skills, being played in CB.